Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, FuzzyYellow said:

***TACOMA UPDATE***

IMG_0718.thumb.jpg.ce53e4df19b935bcfa9aaef76f12df37.jpg

I ended up working on the frame for a solid 5 hours last night. got the bad side reinforced so that it's solid enough to be drivable. I'm now driving it around town a bit just to stretch it's legs. I certainly won't take it out on the highway, or put any kind of load on it yet. 

Also, FYI, welding underneath a truck without a lift is hard.

where is most of the damage again? if it was like near the bed, maybe you could have attempted to remove the bed to gain access to it? If it was cab then um super high jack stands?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

40 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Cost to low earth orbit is about $1300/lb. I really doubt that roadster has a battery in it at all. 

It was a payload test, wasn't it? Why wouldn't they include the weight if that was the point of the entire launch?

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

It was a payload test, wasn't it? Why wouldn't they include the weight if that was the point of the entire launch?

The point of the launch was to get a satellite into orbit, then they used the extra payload capacity to do a publicity stunt. 

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

24 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

The point of the launch was to get a satellite into orbit, then they used the extra payload capacity to do a publicity stunt. 

aha

If it doesn't, go to 2:33 :x (if you can find decent pictures of that exact car [wallpaper worth it if possible], pls gimme)

The truck before it was pretty fucking wild too.

13 hours ago, terrytek said:

definitely won't be fun to be paying for stuff when i move to the bay area possibly for college once i transfer out of cc here. food, driving, housing (that's gonna suck big time, especially rent), and that sales tax is gonna hurt my wallet even more.

and i was a bit off on sales tax here. it's actually 7.875 percent. Still terrible compared to the rest of the state, and the country. 

Yep. It's expensive to live here, and not getting any cheaper.

On the flip side, there are four awesome tracks within a 4hr drive and if you have the budget, there are events every weekend year round to suit your variety of motorsport pleasure.

I don't miss being a college student. Unfortunately it's a cruel realization that when you had no money, you had all the time in the world. Once you start earning enough money to fund your hobby, you don't have much time to spend on it.

Pretty much why I still have a PC from 2010 and don't game much at all anymore, just no time for it and racing and music, so gaming lost.

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

They didnt put a solar panel on it somewhere so we could get longer video feed?

And I thought Elon was smart /s

Musk is an actual prick

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Cost to low earth orbit is about $1300/lb. I really doubt that roadster has a battery in it at all. 

oh wow. I didn't realize it was that much.

so wait it costs over $200k per person... not counting all the extra stuff humans require to support their livlihood in orbit? Holy cow that's expensive lol

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

9 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

so wait it costs over $200k per person... not counting all the extra stuff humans require to support their livlihood in orbit? Holy cow that's expensive lol

Dude that is *cheap* to go in to orbit.

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Dude that is *cheap* to go in to orbit.

it's not cheap considering I'd like to at least orbit the earth before I die xD

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

There was no satellite (in the conventional sense*). It was the falcon heavy's maiden flight so the only payload was a mass simulator in this case a roadster. In most cases however its ether a dummy capsule or something like this 

44592_orig.jpg  

*Technically the roadster would be a artificial satellite as well since its orbiting a larger body

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

it's not cheap considering I'd like to at least orbit the earth before I die xD

My sense of money might be a little bit skewed because I see how much other garbage costs, $200k to chuck a body in to space is dirt cheap compared to other things. :D

24 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

yeah I believe Virgin Galactic is the cheapest around $200k but they haven't actually started taking tourists to space yet. The most recent tourist spent something like 40 million for a little over a week in space.  

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

yeah I believe Virgin Galactic is the cheapest around $200k but they haven't actually started toking tourists to space yet. The most recent tourist spent something like 40 million for a little over a week in space.  

Nice cheap weekend that

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

51 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

Yep. It's expensive to live here, and not getting any cheaper.

On the flip side, there are four awesome tracks within a 4hr drive and if you have the budget, there are events every weekend year round to suit your variety of motorsport pleasure.

I don't miss being a college student. Unfortunately it's a cruel realization that when you had no money, you had all the time in the world. Once you start earning enough money to fund your hobby, you don't have much time to spend on it.

Pretty much why I still have a PC from 2010 and don't game much at all anymore, just no time for it and racing and music, so gaming lost.

Well being an incoming jr college student, i already just wanna get out of there and go to uni. i'm actually sick of my town and wanna move out, but really there really isn't anywhere else decent that's semi affordable. :/ 

and i think i have u beat there i got a pc from 2006 :P currently psu is looking like its dead but it might run again. 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

32 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yeah, space travel is still an incredibly expensive venture. 

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

7 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Nice cheap weekend that

I think the guy also owns an island in the pacific so its not like he's having a hard time making money xD

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Well being an incoming jr college student, i already just wanna get out of there and go to uni. i'm actually sick of my town and wanna move out, but really there really isn't anywhere else decent that's semi affordable. :/ 

and i think i have u beat there i got a pc from 2006 :P currently psu is looking like its dead but it might run again. 

get yourself a plan and set some goals. Life goals. if you haven't already.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

something thats not an ls400 manual twin turbo drivers car along side perfect first car e39 m5

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

plan is 2 years of cc, get an AA-T in computer science, then hopefully be able to transfer to uc berkeley, then graduate with bachelors, then hopefully be able to land a job in silicon valley and make a living there, if possible. 

58 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

Musk is an actual prick

Sadly as time goes on I cannot help but agree with this. I want to believe he's just a big nerd trying to do good in the works but comments like those (regardless if he's being told to shove a submarine in his ass) is disheartening

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Literally everywhere east of you.

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

plan is 2 years of cc, get an AA-T in computer science, then hopefully be able to transfer to uc berkeley, then graduate with bachelors, then hopefully be able to land a job in silicon valley and make a living there, if possible. 

there's good money in computer science. But you wont get anywhere without planning as you go. You'll get the education... but make plans on what to do with that education beyond the simple "idk... get a job". ask yourself what would you like to accomplish when you do land that job...

best of luck my friend.

Spoiler