Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

23 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Never thought of an Alfa, isn't the thing with Alfa's though they breakdown a lot?

The old saying goes :

If there is no oil beneath an Alfa , there is none in it. 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

5 minutes ago, Mr.Dingle said:

The old saying goes :

Another one: Alfa's already rust in the brochure. 

There are indeed certain models that came with rust from the factory in some cases (Alfasud for example)

Wi RoZ

8 minutes ago, Mr.Dingle said:

The old saying goes :

To quote top gear when on about how Alfa's will be made from Carbon Fibre:

"Ooh, they'll find a way you'll see they would have bought some cheaper Carbon Fibre that somehow Oxidises you wait"

3 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

Guys need some help here:

I've made a personal goal that by my mid thirties (10 years from now) i want to own a nice luxury car but one that's not 'in your face' i like classy but understated; need some brand suggestions, only thing i'll say is that i wont go BMW i see so many of them where i'm from (In the UK) that they are as common as a VW Golf

Also as i'm British, American cars don't really work here (To 'in your face' or to wide)

My current thought is a Jag XE or XJ

Audi, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz are some brands i can name quickly

tbh my pick would the a Volvo V90 T8 ... if you can afford it :D 

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I thought Ford owned them....

36 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Source

I thought Jaguar and LR were still Part of Ford as well. Apparently they dont own Aston Martin or Volvo anymore either

I knew about Volvo being owned by Geely ... but Aston and jaguar/LR is not owned by for anymore either? 

interesting xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

I've made a personal goal that by my mid thirties (10 years from now) i want to own a nice luxury car but one that's not 'in your face' i like classy but understated; need some brand suggestions, only thing i'll say is that i wont go BMW i see so many of them where i'm from (In the UK) that they are as common as a VW Golf

Also as i'm British, American cars don't really work here (To 'in your face' or to wide)

My suggestion would be to go Lexus tbh (i recommend the GS F, for when you want understated "looks", but that great go fast power). Their models aren't too in your face, you get the reliability because it's a Toyota basically, and they're comfortable too.

Another suggestion could be a Toyota Avalon. I know the Toyota nameplate doesn't spell luxury, but the avalon seems like a very good luxury car.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Audi, Volvo, Mercedes-Benz are some brands i can name quickly

tbh my pick would the a Volvo V90 T8 ... if you can afford it :D 

I knew about Volvo being owned by Geely ... but Aston and jaguar/LR is not owned by for anymore either? 

interesting xD 

Volvo cars i've noticed look really sleek and great. Very safe as well it's the stereotype of Volvo owners

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

My suggestion would be to go Lexus tbh (i recommend the GS F, for when you want understated "looks", but that great go fast power). Their models aren't too in your face, you get the reliability because it's a Toyota basically, and they're comfortable too.

Another suggestion could be a Toyota Avalon. I know the Toyota nameplate doesn't spell luxury, but the avalon seems like a very good luxury car.

attachment.php?attachmentid=401199&d=138

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

1 minute ago, Tcrumpen said:

Volvo cars i've noticed look really sleek and great. Very safe as well it's the stereotype of Volvo owners

tbh most luxury cars these days are equally safe ... its just back in the old days you had a few meters of pure Swedish steel to bend before you die :D 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

17 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

attachment.php?attachmentid=401199&d=138

I think it looks b etter on their sedans than on their SUVs and *shudders* crossovers. The IS just doesn't pull it off well.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I think it looks b etter on their sedans than on their SUVs and *shudders* crossovers. The IS just doesn't pull it off well.

Personally, I dont think any of them pull it off well. 

It's almost like Lexus took a long look at the Infinity QX80 and said, "Hold my beer..."

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

I've got the perfect car for you...

Image result for white morris minor 1000

:P

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

2 hours ago, yt0097 said:

Well, I figured I'll post my two trucks in here:

First is my DD, a stock 1999 GMC Sierra 5.3 Z71 (3.73 Gears, Magnaflow 18" Muffler, Sony Headunit, Kicker Speakers (100 Watts x 2), 10" Sub (200 Watts), Pioneer Amp).

Other is a 3rd Gen Toyota (22R, 4 Speed, 4:1 Transfer Case, 5:29 Gears, Front: Detroit Locker, Rear: Spool, 36" TSL Super Swampers on Beadlocks).

Once I graduate I plan on getting a 5.0 5 Speed SN95 for autocross and road course racing.

IMG_1661.JPG

17799152_1435120946509728_3862805342008031157_n.jpg

Nice Toyota! I love those old pickups.

I drive a Honda, but i'm a Toyota boy at heart.

I use Apple products, and I like it.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-2820QM GPU: Intel HD3000/Radeon HD6750M RAM: 12GB(4GB Crucial, 8GB PNY) MOBO: Apple A1286 PSU: Apple MagSafe MONITOR: 1680x1050 CHASSIS: MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011) A1286

5 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

No, Ford own Aston Martin though

ford sold them to prodrive about a decade ago, then they sold part of it to some Italian company and are sort of their own entity now. 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

5 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I thought Ford owned them....

Sold them a fair few years back

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

3 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Personally, I dont think any of them pull it off well. 

It's almost like Lexus took a long look at the Infinity QX80 and said, "Hold my beer..."

Any car looks better than the Nissan Juke

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Any car looks better than the Nissan Juke

image.png.2f35e7eea89f78be481a050681096a4c.png

1 minute ago, PandaCopyRight said:

image.png.2f35e7eea89f78be481a050681096a4c.png

I'd still own this before a juke. Call me crazy

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I'd still own this before a juke. Call me crazy

At least with the Juke they did a cool thing:

Nissan-Juke-R-promo.jpg?interpolation=la

1 minute ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I just really hate those slanted hood lights. 

To me, they managed to put makeup on a pig.

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I just really hate those slanted hood lights. 

To me, they managed to put makeup on a pig.

I agree, the Juke is ugly as fuck; but the Juke owns it's ugliness while others try to pretend they're pretty. 

From my ST Facebook group 

FB_IMG_1531255617651.jpg

9 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Looks great, but that super heavy cut was probably unnecessary unless you had some deep scratches and probably just took a load of clearcoat with it, but I am by no means any good at this so whatever, at least it looks nice :)

Thanks. 300 grit was only applied on scratches not the entire car lol. 2400 for swirl removal on all the panels with medium light pad. Then 3500 for the finish with the black finessing pad.

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

looks really good. But like others have said... I'd hope you cut as little as possible to get there. But I mean if you don't plan on having the car for more than 5-7 years like most ppl nowadays it's probably fine.

Im too scared to do mine until I can buy/borrow/rent a paint depth meter to know what I have to work with in the first place.

Thanks. I didnt do too much cutting. The car passes the 2-3ft test. The paint on that generation of Mazda 3s is pretty fricken hard so it really didnt take away much material from the clear coat. I only do a cut about once a year (a mild one at that. Just enough to remove minor defects) very high grit polish or non abrasive polish a couple times a year to keep the look. The paint shouldn't really have any problems till its $2000 first car. if not longer than that even.

Don't worry about the paint depth unless its respray then be careful as the paint hardness can differ from OE. Just start with the least aggressive solution first and then work your way slowly to harsh on the paint if needed. Your paint is pretty thick all things considered and the polishing is only removing microscopic amounts from it.

10 hours ago, Wi RoZ said:

Looks nice! You can really see the crystal glistening. I like it :) Is it hard to bring those crystals to life?

Nope. A good polish, the right pad and buffer speed with a couple free hours is all you need. I did my car in about 10 hours but it was in desperate need as the paint's condition was poor since I haven't buffed it since I bought it used in 2016 but that guy had very poor buffing done to it as there were swirls and holograms all over. This time next year I could probably do it 2-4hrs prep time included.

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

5 hours ago, Mr.Dingle said:

The old saying goes :

I owned an Alfa, and yes it liked to mark it's territory/parking space. Reliability was sketchy, but it only left me waiting for the recovery truck once. Expensive to maintain, it rusted quite badly underneath, and chewed through tyres ridiculously quickly. Would still have another in a heartbeat if the right one came up for sale.

The newer ones are apparently less challenging to own, so don't be put off buying one from what I typed above.

1 hour ago, Real_PhillBert said:

0-60 with your 2 and a half kids in two and a half days.