Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Redone and original cleaned up. I think I matched it pretty well! My masking kind of sucked but it's good enough for now for something no one but me will ever notice.

IMG_20190811_151912.jpg

4 hours ago, terrytek said:

I couldn't care less about electric cars so really I didn't give a single shit.

There's a difference between a lack of caring and hostility.

Honestly, completely independent of the debate about electric cars, it really is an asshole move to put a gas car in an electric car spot. Especially a gas guzzler like a Corvette. It's sort of like coal rolling to me.

My university has electric car spots. The parking lot gets packed so I can understand a lot of the time when people park there, but even when it's damn-near empty I still see a Celica GTS, some absurdly shiny recent 6-series convertible, a pickup, and occasionally even a black Supra in those spots. Cool cars (except for the pickup), but infuriating people.

12 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Redone and original cleaned up. I think I matched it pretty well! My masking kind of sucked but it's good enough for now for something no one but me will ever notice.

Honestly, if you weren't holding it in that picture, I wouldn't be able to tell you which one is which. Aside from the redone one being cleaner.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Honestly, if you weren't holding it in that picture, I wouldn't be able to tell you which one is which. Aside from the redone one being cleaner.

The one I'm holding IS NOT the redone one, I have succeeded!

What is the best lesser known track you've been to? 

For me it was this place, which coincidentally is where most American cop cars have been tested and validated for years.  Track surface is far from idea but i wish there were more tracks with the aggressive changes in camber etc, that also on most corner provide safe run-off room in case things go wrong. 

(more exciting driving in this one)

(Camera captures tracks angles and curves much better in this one)

I really wish people would stop building race tracks on billiard tables 

Celica is so rigid that when I lift at the front jack point on one side the rear wheel comes off the ground too, now that's hilarious. As soon as the front wheel is high enough to be taken off the back wheel is no longer touching either. Also a good demo of how darn nose heavy it is :(

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

Celica is so rigid that when I lift at the front jack point on one side the rear wheel comes off the ground too, now that's hilarious. As soon as the front wheel is high enough to be taken off the back wheel is no longer touching either. Also a good demo of how darn nose heavy it is :(

I mostly owned fairly well built subcompacts and have been used to this, but for awhile i had a older Taurus, and being used to using one jack such as in your case (single tire/brake work etc) i was amazed when i noticed the chassi was twisting so hard the doors stuck themselves shut, had to put the car down on all fours to get back into it

Yep it’s still broken. Been busy. 

New ecu installed just just need to tow it to a dealer for them to make the immobilizer happy about it. Off tomorrow so hopefully can get it done.

Figured I should do /something/ this weekend so I redid the front headlights and covered them with some clear weather tech covers. The plastic protrudes from the headlight in one spot that made me really screw this up quite badly it looks like a child did it lol... but w/e they look better than they did (very yellow) and might stay that at least for a while becajse of the film...

The plastic protrusion I think is why xpel didn’t make covers for this car.. makes sense now.

the weathertech film is thinner than the xpel film. Not sure I’d buy it again. 

Should have just bought new headlights lol. It was only a little more and probably less labor... Just didn’t want to take off the bumper lol

pic taken from a distance for obvious reasons ??

5FDBA430-723F-4278-AEB8-5A37787E0A71.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Ha the devel sixteen made it onto a HK car show

image.thumb.png.e264f3889ce35294fdc1324393d42553.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

3 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

5FDBA430-723F-4278-AEB8-5A37787E0A71.jpeg

I have one of those and loved it until it started leaking oil and nearly killed itself on account of me not checking oil levels on a monthly basis like i usually always have.  Its fine as a commuter but like with any high milage car check for drips ?

Vastly prefer the first gen Mazda 3 im currently driving for "enthusiast" reasons but Civic was probably a comfier daily,  The mazdas drivetrain seems vastly better built (first car to not leak oil, require a new clutch, or even get a exhaust leak after 200k, things like alternator etc have been decent), Handling is more fun, Engine torque curve and sound is surprisingly cheerful for a economy car, but the old Honda was definitely a tad comfier, and i think got about 10% better fuel milage, shift linkage was much more well defined too.  I in no way miss the ultra basic handling or the torque curve, it treated me well for a long time though so i do miss it in a way, definitely one of the nicer cars ive owned.  I'm just surprised how much i like my current 1st gen Mazda 3, rust bubbles and occasional electrical gremlins from similar issue of corrosion aside. 

19 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

@warmmilk

Backstory is he was ready to do a big engine upgrade but to stay with an EJ would mean doing dry sump to be competitive. Shopping around with the money he wanted something that revved high, shot flames, and could still retain the AWD.

sound logic if I've ever heard any...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

11 hours ago, Otto_iii said:

I have one of those and loved it until it started leaking oil and nearly killed itself on account of me not checking oil levels on a monthly basis like i usually always have.  Its fine as a commuter but like with any high milage car check for drips ?

Vastly prefer the first gen Mazda 3 im currently driving for "enthusiast" reasons but Civic was probably a comfier daily,  The mazdas drivetrain seems vastly better built (first car to not leak oil, require a new clutch, or even get a exhaust leak after 200k, things like alternator etc have been decent), Handling is more fun, Engine torque curve and sound is surprisingly cheerful for a economy car, but the old Honda was definitely a tad comfier, and i think got about 10% better fuel milage, shift linkage was much more well defined too.  I in no way miss the ultra basic handling or the torque curve, it treated me well for a long time though so i do miss it in a way, definitely one of the nicer cars ive owned.  I'm just surprised how much i like my current 1st gen Mazda 3, rust bubbles and occasional electrical gremlins from similar issue of corrosion aside. 

I agree. Corrosion isn’t a big problem here tho.

i liked my corolla more than this civic. It was just better. The civic seems a little nicer in that it has more fancy stuff (like the A/C controls are all electric) but tbh I don’t really care

at least I could get the ecu out without taking the dash out though. That’s a nice plus that the corolla didn’t have... not that I needed to ever do it on that car. 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

14 hours ago, Bitter said:

My accord is the same way. Kinda sketchy. Although, there's enough flex in the unibody that the doors rub if I need to open them and all four wheels aren't on the ground.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I used to have a ford windstar but what happened to it was that the muffler was coroded so there was a hole and the oil sensor broke. There was also Dancing Needles XD. But the RPM needle broke so I had to get rid of it. But SO MUCH FOR DODGE! THEIR ENGINES SUCK!

4 minutes ago, AlarmComputerPerson98 said:

I used to have a ford windstar but what happened to it was that the muffler was coroded so there was a hole and the oil sensor broke. There was also Dancing Needles XD. But the RPM needle broke so I had to get rid of it. But SO MUCH FOR DODGE! THEIR ENGINES SUCK!

You what

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

7 minutes ago, AlarmComputerPerson98 said:

Oil sensor broke on my Dodge too?

dude go home ur drunk

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

dude go home ur drunk

dude ur home go drunk 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

21 minutes ago, AlarmComputerPerson98 said:

I spend my time on exploring electronics Not Drinking 

arent you boring

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

I spend my time doing what I want. I don't want to be like the rest, I don't want to fit in, I want to stand out from the crowd. You guys bein' lame just sitin' and bein drunk while I help other people with their electronics. You guys should get off your butts and do something productive.

2 minutes ago, AlarmComputerPerson98 said:

I spend my time doing what I want. I don't want to be like the rest, I don't want to fit in, I want to stand out from the crowd. You guys bein' lame just sitin' and bein drunk while I help other people with their electronics. You guys should get off your butts and do something productive.

okay boring sober dude

Just now, iDeFecZx said:

okay boring sober dude

dont you dare scare away the new guy :P 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

dont you dare scare away the new guy :P 

Thanks for standing up to me, i always get judged by that.