Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

32 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Progress update: Good god those walls are not straight

now to figure out how to deal with that.. can’t quite get that board in that runs under the door jamb too. So might have to go get a jigsaw but then what do I put under there? Hmm

It’s so fun when you have NO idea what you’re doing xD

Uneven walls, it's truly an American house.

*gay joke about house not being straight*

You'll  need to cut some partial pieces to fill those gaps, jig saw isn't going to be the thing to use, something more like a band saw or scroll saw would work better.

10 minutes ago, Bitter said:

*gay joke about house not being straight*

You'll  need to cut some partial pieces to fill those gaps, jig saw isn't going to be the thing to use, something more like a band saw or scroll saw would work better.

See the piece under the door jamb? That’s actually not hooking into the other piece properly because you have to tilt them upwards to get them in. So I’m probably gonna have to cut a section out of it with a jigsaw. Which I don’t have. To harbor fraud As @vetali says I  go I guess

wuestion is when I cut a piece out of it how do I make it not have an obvious gap under door jamb like that? Hmm. Glue a piece in? Lol

hopefully pic helps you see what I mean. Can’t tilt up to slide it in properly with door jamb in the way

C73ACD1B-B594-4E25-A1E3-B13E09705627.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Not too worried about the walls themselves as I can cut pieces as you guys said and also baseboards and shoe base should hide a lot. But the doorways are definitely the hard part

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Oh I’m an idiot I didn’t think of shaving away the little locking lip and just gluing the boards together... 

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Oh I’m an idiot I didn’t think of shaving away the little locking lip and just gluing the boards together... 

You should glue every board together, otherwise they'll drift. 

I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 on xbox because its free with gamepass. Is there a way to skip the cringy "story" mode and just race and do thangs with cars? I'm hoping its because I haven't fully downloaded it. Gonna let it download overnight.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

12 hours ago, Cereal5 said:

You’re just mad your new civic can’t keep up with them turbo cars ?

300hp turbos yeah

Gave a fiesta ST a good run last week and had a play with my mates FK2 and a 325i the other night. Surprisingly pulled on the bimmer

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

7 hours ago, vetali said:

You should glue every board together, otherwise they'll drift. 

I downloaded Forza Horizon 4 on xbox because its free with gamepass. Is there a way to skip the cringy "story" mode and just race and do thangs with cars? I'm hoping its because I haven't fully downloaded it. Gonna let it download overnight.

not sure about forza, never bothered buying it.

also yeah I'll just take the whole room apart, start over from the first one and glue them all together, ignoring the fact that they have to all be hammered to lock them into place. that said, not a terrible idea but you are the first person I've seen say that.

Spoiler

8 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

I have only done a couple of rooms of laminate flooring, so I'm far from an expert, but be careful about gluing, especially near exterior walls or doors. 

Some laminate floors are good with glue, others do not recommend it. Most laminate flooring is a floating floor, and not only floats in relation to the subfloor, but also in relation to each other. This is especially pronounced near exterior walls and doors were there will be a temperature difference between the flooring up against an exterior wall/door, and the flooring a foot or two in. 

I'm not saying don't do it, but be a bit careful. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Got the joys of going to speak with someone about a job on Friday. Hoping I end up getting it.

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

I'm looking for someone who knows more then me about cars. 

I'm wondering if someone could suggest a cheap af car (preferably under £600) here in the UK around the south east region, which a fairly new driver could get cheap insurance on. 

My last car spectacularly exploded on the motor way, and my basic mechanical knowledge suggested that a piston was MIA from the engine

the scrap value was £600 and I really don't want to spend any more money on another, I only need it for driving the 20 mins or so to work, and if it lasts me 6 months I would be more then happy.

The skakier the better, I don't care what colour, what make, preferably over 1.3l. if its had a prostitue murdered in the back seat I could care less. 

Ive had a look on places like auto trader, finding a cheap car is the easy part, finding insurance that isn't £2.5k a year is the ball breaking part. 

Thanks!!

I make intelligent lights do cool things

On 3/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, iDeFecZx said:

@ whoever it was in here that also owns ST's ?

I've also seen versions of this where it's "Big turbo ST" and the cobra say "Actually I'm only stage 3 bolt on + tune"

I'm laughing to hide my pain :D ?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

not sure about forza, never bothered buying it.

also yeah I'll just take the whole room apart, start over from the first one and glue them all together, ignoring the fact that they have to all be hammered to lock them into place. that said, not a terrible idea but you are the first person I've seen say that.

ok then let me know in 3-5 years ?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

26 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

You only have to do the first stunt driver job. After that I just haven't touched story mode. Or any of the showcase events. That being said some stuff still hasn't unlocked for me yet. Haven't gotten the Goliath circuit which makes grinding money hard. Not really sure why I don't have it yet.

Weird, I did that and still stuck in this story mode. Everything is greyed out.

w3bkuNa.jpg

wonder if the gamepass version is a stripped down version. 

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

I've also seen versions of this where it's "Big turbo ST" and the cobra say "Actually I'm only stage 3 bolt on + tune"

I'm laughing to hide my pain :D ?

I found quite a few lol

FB_IMG_1551522539551.jpg

FB_IMG_1551522481562.jpg

FB_IMG_1551522245291.jpg

23 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I found quite a few lol

I can confirm the accuracy of all 3 ?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

2 hours ago, YaBoiWill said:

I'm looking for someone who knows more then me about cars. 

I'm wondering if someone could suggest a cheap af car (preferably under £600) here in the UK around the south east region, which a fairly new driver could get cheap insurance on. 

My last car spectacularly exploded on the motor way, and my basic mechanical knowledge suggested that a piston was MIA from the engine

the scrap value was £600 and I really don't want to spend any more money on another, I only need it for driving the 20 mins or so to work, and if it lasts me 6 months I would be more then happy.

The skakier the better, I don't care what colour, what make, preferably over 1.3l. if its had a prostitue murdered in the back seat I could care less. 

Ive had a look on places like auto trader, finding a cheap car is the easy part, finding insurance that isn't £2.5k a year is the ball breaking part. 

Thanks!!

A lupo

13 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

You can pull that wood threshold off to get the laminate underneath it. It’s supposed to go on after the fact to hide surface transitions.

Edit: looked at the picture closer I don’t know what the heck that is. I’ve never seen something like that.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

24 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

You can pull that wood threshold off to get the laminate underneath it. It’s supposed to go on after the fact to hide surface transitions.

Edit: looked at the picture closer I don’t know what the heck that is. I’ve never seen something like that.

don't know *what* is? sorry I'm a little lost, are you talking about the threshold? because I was talking about something totally different

Spoiler

29 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@vetali it only takes like an hour or two total. Just have to keep doing races.

lame.

Ordered a blackstone kit. I think the Mazda is developing a rod knock when cold and its running rough at idle when warm. 

2 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

A lupo

Futurama Agree GIF

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

16 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Uneven walls, it's truly an American house.

You haven’t seen uneven until you walk through my house. Forget walls, talk about uneven floors, ceilings, and countertops.

My Build, v2.1 --- CPU: i7-8700K @ 5.2GHz/1.288v || MoBo: Asus ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming || RAM: 4x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 2666 14-14-14-33 || Cooler: Custom Loop || GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black, on water || PSU: EVGA G2 850W || Case: Corsair 450D || SSD: 850 Evo 250GB, Intel 660p 2TB || Storage: WD Blue 2TB || G502 & Glorious PCGR Fully Custom 80% Keyboard || MX34VQ, PG278Q, PB278Q

Audio --- Headphones: Massdrop x Sennheiser HD 6XX || Amp: Schiit Audio Magni 3 || DAC: Schiit Audio Modi 3 || Mic: Blue Yeti

[Under Construction]

My Truck --- 2002 F-350 7.3 Powerstroke || 6-speed

My Car --- 2006 Mustang GT || 5-speed || BBK LTs, O/R X, MBRP Cat-back || BBK Lowering Springs, LCAs || 2007 GT500 wheels w/ 245s/285s

The Experiment --- CPU: i5-3570K @ 4.0 GHz || MoBo: Asus P8Z77-V LK || RAM: 16GB Corsair 1600 4x4 || Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo || GPUs: Asus GTX 750 Ti, || PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || SSD: 840 Pro 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB

R.I.P. Asus X99-A motherboard, April 2016 - October 2018, may you rest in peace. 5820K, if I ever buy you a new board, it'll be a good one.

12 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

That's gonna be an OOF from me homie. The S10 hasn't been doing the clunk/chirp for a good while until this morning when it was cold. 

You should order a new mazda crank and some ACL race bearings :P 

Yeah mine sounds for sure rod knock. Durango once again survives as the most solid rig in the fleet. I am gonna drive it minimally until the analysis comes back. Then if the results are bleak I will throw some bearings in it and trade it or privately sell it.

But yeah, likely this means the Dakota is going to the crusher. Sucks because I bought a cherry picker + engine stand already but meh. 4.7 motor just is a literal shitheap and its impossible to find anything that runs. 

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

F. I found out that I'm not gonna be able to keep the S10 when I get the Tahoe. Means I gotta sell it and then take that money and roll it right into the Tahoe. 

You want it?

I'll give you $20, I know what you got.