Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Bobby Car ftw

--BobbySnip--

... /thread.. Nobody can top this magnificence.. Damn you vlkn´

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Whoo! Two car threads on one forum.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Does ony one know were I can get after market parts for My Mercedes C300 my alternators going out and I dont want to pay the outragous prices from the dealer

Does ony one know were I can get after market parts for My Mercedes C300 my alternators going out and I dont want to pay the outragous prices from the dealer

Ebay, search for "Oem" + "the part you need" + "car modelnumber"

You don´t need to buy them from mercedes.

Edit: Don´t forget the car model number

Ebay, search for "Oem" + "the part you need" + "car modelnumber"

You don´t need to buy them from mercedes.

Edit: Don´t forget the car model number

I looked on ebay and couldent find anything that wasn't tested and certified and with a good return policy

My dad's 1970 Buick LeSabre Custom with a 3-speed auto and I want to say a 350 quad-barrel. :D /thread

-snip-

EDIT: We really need to get a pic of it that isn't from freaking 2007. And I need to get a pic of our 2008 CVPI.

..but.. but.. It just started  :(

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Start by asking around at your local autopart stores. Most of them can order stuff for you and show you some options^^

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

-snip-

My dream car

Yay BMW person! 

I however, am more or a wagon guy

xIoBj7M.jpg

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

..but.. but.. It just started  :(

And I came in and rekt it with my baby.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Hopefully this thing is here to stay

@ wanted to be tagged

I wanted to be tagged because I was away for a bit, but i didnt want to miss this. Found it anyways.

You should tag some other gear heads (petrolheads) so they see this thread too.

I wanted to be tagged because I was away for a bit, but i didnt want to miss this. Found it anyways.

You should tag some other gear heads (petrolheads) so they see this thread too.

I'll start tagging. But i don't know the names of most of them so if anyone wants to nominate a person to be tagged or tag them themselves that would be awesome

This is my dream car currently owned by my father

gallery_16690_89_42391.jpg

also im gonna follow the fuck out of this thread

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

And I came in and rekt it with my baby.

Was that the car you dragged raced someone in and missed your turn cause of the brakes? or was that the crown vic?

That thing is pretty boss though

I'll start tagging. But i don't know the names of most of them so if anyone wants to nominate a person to be tagged or tag them themselves that would be awesome

@bob345

@JoaoPRSousa

@Jumper118

@TheSLSAMG

@terrytek

Probably some more too but those are some off the top of my head.

Was that the car you dragged raced someone in and missed your turn cause of the brakes? or was that the crown vic?

That thing is pretty boss though

That was the Crown Vic. But it wasn't us that didn't make the driveway (we have drilled/slotted rotors with ceramic pads, AKA, the good shit). It was the other person that couldn't go from 100-10 fast enough.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Can I talk about motorcycles?

--YumSnip--

I'm not so knowledgeable about cars, but I do like classic cars

--ClassySnip--

There is already a motorcycle thread. (I do love bikes though..) Sorry 

I only have a Vauxhall corsa C 1.3 CDTI (70 BHP). I get 65 MPG. What more could a student ask for (more power).

with some hope a car of that caliber will be my first car. How much did you get it for?

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1