Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

check insurance first. back when I sold cars, I had one on trade-in. I've lost countless deals on it because customers said their insurance said it would cost more than a corvette to insure. big v6 motor too close to impact points on the car and what not. your mileage may vary, so check - but definitely don't go into a purchase without checking on that car

I'm looking into it. Even if it's expensive it'll be worth it to me. It's the closest I can get to the WRX hatchback that I love for quite a while and it's much rarer

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Have you thought of exhaust headers and a new exhaust system maybe?

DC Sports HHC5528 Heads and either Invidia Q300 (CL9) or MagnaFlow 15640 Cat-Back exhaust  :) 

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

Love me some sleepers. 330hp Honda Civic (Sedan).

-snip-

I kinda want to do something like this to my corolla almost xD its just so hillarious and fun, and can also be pretty cheap to do as well.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Do you see the hood on a vehicle having stupid bows and dangly strings? Bonnet sounds ridiculous. Almost as much as a "boot." [emoji14] Besides, the English barely manage to speak their own language.

What are you talking aboot eh? They can speak just fine lol

What are you talking aboot eh? They can speak just fine lol

Nah :P

Nah :P

lol if were gona discuss what the metal plate that hides the engine is called we call it huv here in Sweden ;) it's the only real way to address it, it's a huv not anything else :P

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

lol if were gona discuss what the metal plate that hides the engine is called we call it huv here in Sweden ;) it's the only real way to address it, it's a huv not anything else :P

And what does that directly translate to? :P

And what does that directly translate to? :P

Hood/Bonnet/Insert any other name for piece of metal that hides the engine bay.

Hood/Bonnet/Insert any other name for piece of metal that hides the engine bay.

Works.

Also guys my family's car didn't start today when we tried, the battery had discharged for an unknown reason, any ideas? We didn't have any lights or anything on during the night so we have literally no clue what might have caused it to discharge any ideas?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

The top of the battery doesn't have a ton of corrosion, does it? A wire might be shorting out somewhere.

The top of the battery doesn't have a ton of corrosion, does it? A wire might be shorting out somewhere.

no, no corrosion or anything, the battery is about one and a half years old and that's fairy new

Builds:

Spoiler

Also guys my family's car didn't start today when we tried, the battery had discharged for an unknown reason, any ideas? We didn't have any lights or anything on during the night so we have literally no clue what might have caused it to discharge any ideas?

When did you last replace the battery? Sometimes they go dead with age.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

When did you last replace the battery? Sometimes they go dead with age.

one and a half years ago

Builds:

Spoiler

no, no corrosion or anything, the battery is about one and a half years old and that's fairy new

Could be a bad cable somewhere.

Foor wasn't closed properly, radio left on mute by accident? Gauge light not shutting off properly. It could be so many things man.. Even a worn out ground wire could cause the battery to slowly discharge if it's touching anything metal.. Alternator could be shot..

EDIT Door*

Foor wasn't closed properly, radio left on mute by accident? Gauge light not shutting off properly. It could be so many things man.. Even a worn out ground wire could cause the battery to slowly discharge if it's touching anything metal.. Alternator could be shot..

also just to add we drove the car 230 km the day before so the generator is probably working

Builds:

Spoiler

also just to add we drove the car 230 km the day before so the generator is probably working

It could be a short somewhere, a busted relay is also a possibility..

You guys didn't leave the lights on, did you?

were not that stupid we actually checked that and they also automatically turn off after 5 mins of complete in activity

Builds:

Spoiler

were not that stupid we actually checked that and they also automatically turn off after 5 mins of complete in activity

Short or dead battery? You throw it on a charger?

Oh also we stopped on the way and basically every warning light turned on and it shouted and shit but it started fine afterwards

Builds:

Spoiler

Short or dead battery? You throw it on a charger?

we are currently chagrin the battery and nothing has exploded yet :)

Builds:

Spoiler

we are currently chagrin the battery and nothing has exploded yet :)

Test it with a multimeter if it's anything below 13.5v then its dying.. If the voltage slowly drops (eg 13.5, 13.4, 13.3) then its dying..

Test it with a multimeter if it's anything below 13.5v then its dying.. If the voltage slowly drops (eg 13.5, 13.4, 13.3) then its dying..

it was at 7V

Builds:

Spoiler