Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

But only 2 doors...

I love the new Golf though

There were 4 door versions in Europe IIRC

I like the 2 doors, it sets it off a bit, which is most of the reason I like the R32, you wouldn't think it's quick, but it's pretty damn fast

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

R32's are pretty fantastic cars. The dsg transmission they have is just amazing. I drove a friends r32 once and i would almost want it over an e46 m3.

Even the slapshift in Preludes isn't bad. But having seen what I have of the R32 and one of my favorite YouTubers owns one (AR12Gaming) I've fallen in love with it. Especially because of it's rarity

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Thinking of something to post and remembered my dad and his friend bought a 1939 Buick Specialpost-31395-143138104496.jpg

(example pic)

It's not restored, but it's all there. Kind of a weird car with that front end and the suicide doors. It has an inline 8 making a whopping 100 horsies ;P

Thinking of something to post and remembered my dad and his friend bought a 1939 Buick Special

(example pic)

It's not restored, but it's all there. Kind of a weird car with that front end and the suicide doors. It has an inline 8 making a whopping 100 horsies ;P

Ooh, inline engine and suicide doors. I like it

Thinking of something to post and remembered my dad and his friend bought a 1939 Buick Specialpost-31395-143138104496.jpg

(example pic)

tumblr_nqhhmtTn6m1urelvbo1_400.gif

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Always thought these were cool...

autowp.ru_toyota_tercel_4wd_wagon_sr5_5.

Funky AWD Wagon ftw

i used to cruse in one of these to partys with the bros back in high school

Most recent Might Car Mods just came out.

MAAAAAAAAD who got CHOPPED?

2008 Golf R32, seriously considering getting one. But, one thing, they're limited to 130MPH electronically. I'm assuming tuning would be the way to get rid of that, correct?

yes just change the onboard computer thing that does everything and you should be good to go

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

R32's are pretty fantastic cars. The dsg transmission they have is just amazing. I drove a friends r32 once and i would almost want it over an e46 m3.

it's insanely smooth

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

My 1999 Honda Accord EX V6 3.0L 

I know its a Honda but it was free and i love the J30a1, got it in near perfect condition too!

Too bad the 6th gen auto tyranny sucks! P2 Manual's have no problems and the swap will cost me less than a rebuild so ill be driving stick soon.

Just finished Throttle body spacer and Struts. Mishimoto rad, DC EXH Headers, Spark plugs/wires + distributor, and Invidia full Catback Exhaust are next

after that? im not sure. maybe just restore the exterior to factory new (replace fogged cracked lights, weather striping that's got dry rot, and paint cuz Honda paint sucks)

Any Honda people? (Btw this is the only pic i could find on my phone out of the 8000+. I can get more after some more things come in the mail!)

gallery_20359_532_398743.jpg

work it ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ harder, make it (ง •̀_•́)ง better, do it ᕦ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕤ faster, raise ur ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ donger

ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, DONGER! ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ

I know its a Honda but it was free and i love the J30a1, got it in near perfect condition too!

Too bad the 6th gen auto tyranny sucks! P2 Manual's have no problems and the swap will cost me less than a rebuild so ill be driving stick soon.

Just finished Throttle body spacer and Struts. Mishimoto rad, DC EXH Headers, Spark plugs/wires + distributor, and Invidia full Catback Exhaust are next

after that? im not sure. maybe just restore the exterior to factory new (replace fogged cracked lights, weather striping that's got dry rot, and paint cuz Honda paint sucks)

Any Honda people? (Btw this is the only pic i could find on my phone out of the 8000+. I can get more after some more things come in the mail!)

sexy pop filter :)

Builds:

Spoiler

2008 Golf R32, seriously considering getting one. But, one thing, they're limited to 130MPH electronically. I'm assuming tuning would be the way to get rid of that, correct?

check insurance first. back when I sold cars, I had one on trade-in. I've lost countless deals on it because customers said their insurance said it would cost more than a corvette to insure. big v6 motor too close to impact points on the car and what not. your mileage may vary, so check - but definitely don't go into a purchase without checking on that car

This is growing on me

XeRoGEg.jpg

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I hate civics.. But I gotta say mine was good to me.. I beat the piss out of that car and it still runs.. I don't own it any more but its still going xD cheap to run.. Cheap to repair..

This is growing on me

XeRoGEg.jpg

Barf.. The only thing that gen of camaro is good for is the LS under the bonnet

This is growing on me

-snips-

Blegh, I like the blocky gen more than that thing.

Barf.. The only thing that gen of camaro is good for is the LS under the bonnet

Hood*.. :ph34r: but yeah, only their engine was good.

Blegh, I like the blocky gen more than that thing.

Hood*.. [emoji14]h34r: but yeah, only their engine was good.

Are you white? If so your originally from Europe.. It's a bonnet in English. A hood is something I wear on my head attached to a sweater or jacket ;)

Are you white? If so your originally from Europe.. It's a bonnet in English. A hood is something I wear on my head attached to a sweater or jacket ;)

Do you see the hood on a vehicle having stupid bows and dangly strings? Bonnet sounds ridiculous. Almost as much as a "boot." :P Besides, the English barely manage to speak their own language.

Have you thought of exhaust headers and a new exhaust system maybe?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Have you thought of exhaust headers and a new exhaust system maybe?

Exhaust straight out the top. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Exhaust straight out the top. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Coal stacks yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

This is growing on me

XeRoGEg.jpg

I too kinda actually like it, it has it's ugly parts but it's still nice

Builds:

Spoiler