Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

As far as looks go all I currently want is tinted windows, Mazda 3 Grand Touring wheels, and MAYBE fog lights. I kinda like the non fog light clip on the 3s. I might have my door fixed. Its got a small dent from something kicked up by the front tire. My dad keeps saying if I do get it fixed, somebody will just smash it with their escalade door the next day. So idk.

For performance, I desperately need new motor mounts, new tires after a while, and anything that can improve gas mileage. I'm ok with the power right now. Maybe better throttle response would be nice cause rev matching is hard in this car. Sometimes it doesn't even feel like it responds at all. Then I have to blip it again and usually ends up over-revving and causing a harsh down shift. 

i do wanna go tinted, but i feel like tinting all the windows would be illegal so i'm doing only limo tint on the back windows and rear windshield and maybe a light tint on the front windows. and maybe i might get yellow fog lights, but if it is a bit ricey, i'll just get led foglights.

and maybe rear diff mounts could help. since the stock ones really do sag if you are a bit throttle happy.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i do wanna go tinted, but i feel like tinting all the windows would be illegal so i'm doing only limo tint on the back windows and rear windshield and maybe a light tint on the front windows. and maybe i might get yellow fog lights, but if it is a bit ricey, i'll just get led foglights.

and maybe rear diff mounts could help. since the stock ones really do sag if you are a bit throttle happy.

If you tint you have to be REALLY light with it. Like 10% at most.

Legal Limit is 30%

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

You're talking about the front, right? Because all of our cars have limo tint in the rear windows and the cops don't stop us. and if it's 10 percent, might as well not put it on the front then.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Cops get pissy past 10%.

In general

Cops get pissy past 10%.

In general

They can't give you a ticket if you aren't breaking the law.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

You're talking about the front, right? Because all of our cars have limo tint in the rear windows and the cops don't stop us. and if it's 10 percent, might as well not put it on the front then.

I have presidential tint in all the windows in my durango. Never been stopped by it, and even when I got stopped for a burnt out headlight the cop didn't say anything about it. If they pull you over for it and you got all your papers, they'll probably let you off with a warning. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Wait, in California? The state with the strictest emissions laws in the whole world?

I have presidential tint in all the windows in my durango. Never been stopped by it, and even when I got stopped for a burnt out headlight the cop didn't say anything about it. If they pull you over for it and you got all your papers, they'll probably let you off with a warning. 

papers, like insurance, registration, that stuff?

No, but they can waste your time and bitch at you.

Man you guys fucking suck. Every time I've been in a car with moderately tinted windows we've been yelled at.

Wait, in California? The state with the strictest emissions laws in the whole world?

We've never had a problem w/ emissions in Cali.

We've never had a problem w/ emissions in Cali.

Well, it's not exactly emissions, but it's always a pain in the ass to get aftermarket performance parts for anything here. i can't even get a simple cold air intake for my corolla because it's "not legal" here. But it is in practically every other fucking state.

Yeah. Thats where they can get you the big tickets anyway. 

No, but they can waste your time and bitch at you.

Man you guys fucking suck. Every time I've been in a car with moderately tinted windows we've been yelled at.

The pros of living in a rural area... and being related to a cop and dispatcher. I can get away with a lot, and have. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

Well, it's not exactly emissions, but it's always a pain in the ass to get aftermarket performance parts for anything here. i can't even get a simple cold air intake for my corolla because it's "not legal" here. But it is in practically every other fucking state.

Take a trip to a different state. :ph34r:

The pros of living in a rural area... and being related to a cop and dispatcher. I can get away with a lot, and have. 

I wish I could here.. But almost all the cops are fucking jackasses.

Take a trip to a different state. :ph34r:

but when it doesn't come to cars, california is the best place to live in the whole us. mountains, desert, and 600 miles of coastline, all in one state. plus, it's the country's and even the world's breadbasket, and i tend to live in the area where all that food comes from

but when it doesn't come to cars, california is the best place to live in the whole us. mountains, desert, and 600 miles of coastline, all in one state. plus, it's the country's and even the world's breadbasket, and i tend to live in the area where all that food comes from

Oh yeah? Well I live in the biggest coast line of all. :P

But its still Cali. You guys have like 50 pro sports teams and I could only tolerate one of them. 

But its still Cali. You guys have like 50 pro sports teams and I could only tolerate one of them. 

You're exaggerating quite a bit.

Oh yeah? Well I live in the biggest coast line of all. :P

The only thing I like about Texas is its BBQ. They're super delectably tasty.

You're exaggerating quite a bit.

No, you have a lot. Almost as inflated as Florida. 

The only thing I like about Texas is its BBQ. They're super delectably tasty.

Plus we're a good state for endurance driving, starting with this shithole. :lol:

No, you have a lot. Almost as inflated as Florida. 

It's more like 20.

90% of car culture: It's only cool when the Japanese do it

It's pretty hypocritical.

System: Thinkpad T460

90% of car culture: It's only cool when the Japanese do it

It's pretty hypocritical.

wat

They hate us cus they ain't us... :P

System: Thinkpad T460