Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

10 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

That actually looks like a decent deal. I'd recommend picking up an extra grit guard and another bucket though, so you can use the two bucket method. Also maybe consider extra microfiber towels and some interior cleaner as well, a clean interior seems to get overlooked by a lot of people. 

I've never used most of those specific products, but Chemical Guys does have a pretty good reputation, so I wouldn't hesitate to try it. 

I really like that this kit includes the post wash (quick wax) spray, this is an awesome little trick to help protect the car with fairly low extra effort. 

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Seems like an acceptable deal, go for it.

Was also thinking about picking up the Foam gun but I'm not sure if it's worth the $42; if anything it's the best deal right now of the "quality" looking foam sprayers

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

That actually looks like a decent deal. I'd recommend picking up an extra grit guard and another bucket though, so you can use the two bucket method. Also maybe consider extra microfiber towels and some interior cleaner as well, a clean interior seems to get overlooked by a lot of people. 

I actually do have a second bucket already and some cleaning stuff, but my microfiber towels are relatively small. 

Do you use a foam sprayer at all?

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Was also thinking about picking up the Foam gun but I'm not sure if it's worth the $42; if anything it's the best deal right now of the "quality" looking foam sprayers

I haven't taken the foam gun plunge yet, but plan to now that I have a pressure washer, and everything I've read basically says don't buy a foam gun that doesn't have brass fittings. The plastic ones just don't hold up very well. 

Again, I haven't had any personal experience with this yet, but just what I've been reading. 

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1 

8 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

@TVwazhere

Now that I'm looking, if you want to spend $55 on a cleaning kit, and $42 on a foam gun, I'd just spring for the $100 kit with the brass foam cannon:

They have the $70 kit that has the plastic foam gun but it does seem to have brass fittings between the connection points. I'm not sure my pressure gun will take the brass version, but it looks like it already comes with a bottle. 

https://www.harborfreight.com/1750-PSI-13-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-63254.html

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

They have the $70 kit that has the plastic foam gun but it does seem to have brass fittings between the connection points. I'm not sure my pressure gun will take the brass version, but it looks like it already comes with a bottle. 

https://www.harborfreight.com/1750-PSI-13-GPM-Electric-Pressure-Washer-63254.html

That might work, unfortunately I haven't taken the foam gun plunge yet so I cant really talk from experience on this. 

Give it a go and report back so I can get more feedback before I buy one! ;) 

7 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

That might work, unfortunately I haven't taken the foam gun plunge yet so I cant really talk from experience on this. 

Give it a go and report back so I can get more feedback before I buy one! ;) 

Looks to me that the professional gun uses a standard quick release adapter, something my electric pressure washer does not have. 

I'm buying the Prime deal discounted one with the Garden hose foam gun. I probably wont wash my car as much as you (or as much as you tel me to ;) ) It doesn't come with the same products as the other deal, but they look close enough to me. 

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Looks to me that the professional gun uses a standard quick release adapter, something my electric pressure washer does not have. 

I'm buying the Prime deal discounted one with the Garden hose foam gun. I probably wont wash my car as much as you (or as much as you tel me to ;) ) It doesn't come with the same products as the other deal, but they look close enough to me. 

The wheel brush is a super useful addition in that kit. I use my wheel brush all the time for wheels, tires and wheel wells.

16 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

13B swap your NC. Do it now @warmmilk

I mean its cool and all, but I got something more interesting coming... that'll make more than 200hp and 180tq... and will be more reliable (hopefully)

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

How to make your Miata a garage queen. I wish rotary engines were good but they're just not if you value long term performance.

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

How to make your Miata a garage queen. I wish rotary engines were good but they're just not if you value long term performance.

Unless you want to constantly be rebuilding it 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

10 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Unless you want to constantly be rebuilding it 

Well yeah, rotary project cars make sense. You'll never not be working on it. It's like owning a British classic.

WHERE'S THE V-TEC BRO

@bcredeur97

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

1 hour ago, chaozbandit said:

WHERE'S THE V-TEC BRO

@bcredeur97

Lol. Saw that. They wanted it to be dramatic but it wasn’t. 

Really I agree built to go fast miatas aren’t. They stick to the road like glue and are relatively easy to drive quickly 

unless you up the power. Power = drama lol

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

2 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ank/cto/d/minneapolis-2002-toyota-4runner/6917056934.html

this 4Runner looks pretty decent, it was owned in PA until 2014.

imo as far as 3rd gen 4runners go, you should only spring for a limited model. and it's pretty fuckin hard just to find one under 200k; i mean i've seen one for sale that had 480k miles on original everything, and it was surprisingly clean. usually you can get by with a 2wd model too since those run a bit cheaper.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

32 minutes ago, terrytek said:

you can get by with a 2wd model

IUPxijt.jpg

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

3 hours ago, terrytek said:

imo as far as 3rd gen 4runners go, you should only spring for a limited model. and it's pretty fuckin hard just to find one under 200k; i mean i've seen one for sale that had 480k miles on original everything, and it was surprisingly clean. usually you can get by with a 2wd model too since those run a bit cheaper.

well I kinda want 4WD because one of these days I might supercharge it. I found out that Toyota made a supercharger for its engine so welp kek

apparently it's based off an Eaton M62.

I wanna stay under $5k so really, SR5 seems to be my only option.

This one was in AZ up until about 2016 according to a very basic car history report
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=521200374
This one is northern owned but it's a Limited
https://www.carsoup.com/details/Used/Toyota/4Runner/SUV/1999/JT3HN87R0X0230871-63266

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

8 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

well I kinda want 4WD because one of these days I might supercharge it. I found out that Toyota made a supercharger for its engine so welp kek

apparently it's based off an Eaton M62.

I wanna stay under $5k so really, SR5 seems to be my only option.

This one was in AZ up until about 2016 according to a very basic car history report
https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?listingId=521200374
This one is northern owned but it's a Limited
https://www.carsoup.com/details/Used/Toyota/4Runner/SUV/1999/JT3HN87R0X0230871-63266

335k on that limited o.o 

i think it's safe to say you probably won't find a 4runner with under 200k miles, if any.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

15 hours ago, terrytek said:

Having driven a 2wd truck for most of the time i've been driving- yes you can get by in a 2wd. 

That being said- fuck having a 2wd. I almost got stuck on wet grass. 

wet. grass.

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

Have fun with XREAS...plan on gutting the suspension for Bilstein.

5 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Having driven a 2wd truck for most of the time i've been driving- yes you can get by in a 2wd. 

That being said- fuck having a 2wd. I almost got stuck on wet grass. 

wet. grass.

> 2wd
> :peachy:

lol especially on something that old, get a 4wd model

@MEC-777

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

14 hours ago, terrytek said:

335k on that limited o.o 

i think it's safe to say you probably won't find a 4runner with under 200k miles, if any.

that's something Im willing to accept, it's a Toyota so as long as it wasn't neglected it should be fine.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization