Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

 

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

 

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yes. Might have to bring it by a dealer when I’m done fixing it and get any open recalls done

whats the vin

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, vetali said:

whats the vin

2HGES15524H534565 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

none active on the honda website for that VIN.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=5417268 Front pads

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=491136 Good drums

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1625660 Good shoes

 

Grab some brake hardware front and rear locally and fresh slide pin boots, may need fresh wheel cylinders and possibly just get semi loaded calipers up front. Those cars will stop good when it's all working correctly, the rear brakes go out of adjustment when the hardware seizes up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Can you do that with a salvage title?

It’s a rebuilt which I think is a little different (maybe not? Idk) 

 

but it either way from what I read it doesn’t matter if it’s salvaged or not

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

2HGES15524H534565 

invalid vin

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, vetali said:

invalid vin

Mmm you sure? Want me to pm you the Carfax? 57A7577F-CE7B-4E10-8762-FB8041D88C83.thumb.png.e8162c6fc0cbabaa2fc9f946169df593.png

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Mmm you sure? Want me to pm you the Carfax? 

No, it was because at 6pm on saturday I cannot run a full VIN inquiry. So I cannot tell you if you are eligible, it does list a title brand however. You have open campaigns for both the drivers and passenger inflators. They were replaced in December of 2015 so they are a recall for the re-replacements so at least you aren't on the originals. 

 

It also has had a drivers seat belt buckle replaced under the lifetime seat belt warranty at 15k miles and a fuel pump module replaced under warranty at 21k miles.

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, vetali said:

No, it was because at 6pm on saturday I cannot run a full VIN inquiry. So I cannot tell you if you are eligible, it does list a title brand however. You have open campaigns for both the drivers and passenger inflators. They were replaced in December of 2015 so they are a recall for the re-replacements so at least you aren't on the originals. 

 

It also has had a drivers seat belt buckle replaced under the lifetime seat belt warranty at 15k miles and a fuel pump module replaced under warranty at 21k miles.

Well that's shitty, the official Honda recall website doesn't list any open recalls!

https://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls?id=2HGES15524H534565

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Well that's shitty, the official Honda recall website doesn't list any open recalls!

https://owners.honda.com/service-maintenance/recalls?id=2HGES15524H534565

If it was done pretty recently it will still show up as open on the VIN assessment that I ran. Thats updated less frequently. VIN inquiry is the most accurate way but can only be ran during "open" hours. That said, it could not show up on that because of the branded title thing. I dunno and won't until I run it tomorrow. 

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, vetali said:

If it was done pretty recently it will still show up as open on the VIN assessment that I ran. Thats updated less frequently. VIN inquiry is the most accurate way but can only be ran during "open" hours. That said, it could not show up on that because of the branded title thing. I dunno and won't until I run it tomorrow. 

Well thanks for doing that for me

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Didn't those have the Takata airbags?

Def answer seems to be: recalls yes, warranty claims no. Warranty (even lifetime) is completely voided 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t have any parts yet but starting with Cleaning the filth 

 

 

39B6FF5A-6DDA-46B6-AE0B-F917FCCBEB32.jpeg

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Don’t have any parts yet but starting with Cleaning the filth 

 

 

39B6FF5A-6DDA-46B6-AE0B-F917FCCBEB32.jpeg

I dont see a K series

 

 

 

Peasant

Needs money for car parts :P

 

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

 

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

 

  • Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is that JDM? Cause in Merica the engine goes on the other side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Is that JDM? Cause in Merica the engine goes on the other side.

Timing belt honda 4 cylinders spin counter clockwise. So the engine sits on the left side. 

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vetali said:

Timing belt honda 4 cylinders spin counter clockwise. So the engine sits on the left side. 

Like them mit Sue bishy, still ain't forgivin them for pearl harbor.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

I dont see a K series

 

 

 

Peasant

Yep. Peasant it is. Isn’t supposed to be anything special. Just needs to work and be slightly less boring than one that has an auto lol

6 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Like them mit Sue bishy, still ain't forgivin them for pearl harbor.

Lol

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

@bcredeur97 I finally ran the VIN inquiry. No open recalls. Just a warranty extension for inflator faults, but because of the title brand I don't think they are valid. Would need approval anyway and I've never seen an inflator fault post recall. 

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, vetali said:

@bcredeur97 I finally ran the VIN inquiry. No open recalls. Just a warranty extension for inflator faults, but because of the title brand I don't think they are valid. Would need approval anyway and I've never seen an inflator fault post recall. 

Great to hear.

 

I took every wheel off and cleaned up the wheel wells. The suspension all looked pretty good. The front LCA bushings did look a bit sorry though. Not sure about that wheel bearing type noise I heard as all the bearings /seemed/ fine in that they didn't really have play. So bit of question mark there, could be the tires. They are mismatched and look kind of dry.

also the rear right wheel had stacks of wheel weights on the inside lol. someone didn't do that right I guess.

 

also.. I have no air tools. Need to plan now how I'm going to get that crank bolt off as it seems to be quite a struggle for a lot of ppl

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

 

Great to hear.

 

I took every wheel off and cleaned up the wheel wells. The suspension all looked pretty good. The front LCA bushings did look a bit sorry though. Not sure about that wheel bearing type noise I heard as all the bearings /seemed/ fine in that they didn't really have play. So bit of question mark there, could be the tires. They are mismatched and look kind of dry.

also the rear right wheel had stacks of wheel weights on the inside lol. someone didn't do that right I guess.

 

also.. I have no air tools. Need to plan now how I'm going to get that crank bolt off as it seems to be quite a struggle for a lot of ppl

99% of the honda wheel bearings I've done have been because of noise and had no play. If the noise changes with road surface change then its a tire noise. 

 

https://www.amazon.com/CTA-Tools-1069-Socket-Set-17mm/dp/B01LDFUZOG/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=crankshaft+bolt+socket&qid=1561312211&s=gateway&sr=8-6 and I'd just get a decent battery 1/2 inch impact. Never have issues with honda crank bolts using that socket set. I think that gen of engines used 19mm bolts, older ones had 17mm. Not sure though. Doesn't have ABS so its an easy belt to do. 

i7 8700k 5.0ghz  / 32GB gskill tridentz / ASUS Z370-A Prime / EVGA RTX 2080 Super XC / LG 34GL750 / Logitech G513 romerg tactile / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2019 Razer Blade Stealth / iPhone 12 Pro Max 256GB

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vetali said:

99% of the honda wheel bearings I've done have been because of noise and had no play. If the noise changes with road surface change then its a tire noise. 

 

https://www.amazon.com/CTA-Tools-1069-Socket-Set-17mm/dp/B01LDFUZOG/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=crankshaft+bolt+socket&qid=1561312211&s=gateway&sr=8-6 and I'd just get a decent battery 1/2 inch impact. Never have issues with honda crank bolts using that socket set. I think that gen of engines used 19mm bolts, older ones had 17mm. Not sure though. Doesn't have ABS so its an easy belt to do. 

I have a similar set at work with a thinner shank at the front that double for stuck lug nuts, combined with my 1250K impact it's pretty rare that something doesn't come off. Usually it's Euro lug bolts that have been over torqued that need the 4ft breaker bar and 2ft pipe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Still trying to contemplate what I’ve done but I did it. Made it home somehow on the original timing belt too, lol.

964CD0FD-C3EB-4B9B-A7A4-410D8E9D7191.jpeg

604EC816-5FBE-4DC9-B037-80970C123C89.jpeg

 

2004 LX 117k miles. Was repainted last year. Is a salvage... but was crashed in 2005, was rear ended. The back end seems to be repaired perfectly.

 

one of the taillights is mismatched tho.

 

drivability concerns:

timing belt

theres a clunk when letting off the clutch from a dead stop (engine/trans mounts?) 

Wheel bearing howl from the rear passenger side sounds like. 

Squeaky pulley. 

Lug nuts look gross and rusty prob should replace them. Wheels are alloys but could be refinished.

Brakes are scary 

parking brake barely works (I think the rear drums may be kinda seized from the car sitting) 

Cruise control doesn’t work

 

Other than that needs a thorough cleaning

radio works screen on it does not

prob needs to have a lot of old rubber bits changed in the engine bay

also need to remove old peeling window tint that’s on 3 of the windows lol

Congrats!

 

 

 

 

 

 

PS: Accords are still better. :P 

 

 

I drive a Honda, but i'm a Toyota boy at heart.

I use Apple products, and I like it.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-2820QM GPU: Intel HD3000/Radeon HD6750M RAM: 12GB(4GB Crucial, 8GB PNY) MOBO: Apple A1286 PSU: Apple MagSafe MONITOR: 1680x1050 CHASSIS: MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011) A1286

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Congrats!

PS: Accords are still better. :P

I agree. just too hard to find with a manual lol.

Also the hood release(the handle of which was broken and needed a pair of pliers to pull on) didn't work for me today. luckily the plastic cover was missing up front above the grille, so I just unbolted the hood latch and cut the cable.

so that'll be fun to replace

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

 

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I agree. just too hard to find with a manual lol.

Also the hood release(the handle of which was broken and needed a pair of pliers to pull on) didn't work for me today. luckily the plastic cover was missing up front above the grille, so I just unbolted the hood latch and cut the cable.

so that'll be fun to replace

Every civic of that vintage has a broken hood release. 

 

 

fun fact, I was looking at Civics before I got the accord. 

I drive a Honda, but i'm a Toyota boy at heart.

I use Apple products, and I like it.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-2820QM GPU: Intel HD3000/Radeon HD6750M RAM: 12GB(4GB Crucial, 8GB PNY) MOBO: Apple A1286 PSU: Apple MagSafe MONITOR: 1680x1050 CHASSIS: MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011) A1286

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Newegg

×