Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Nearly 200K miles on my 2013 Mazda 3, and still on the original clutch with no signs of slipping. Suppose that means I can drive a manual correctly.

Skyactiv or MZR? I miss my 3 every once in a while. Fun car.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

9 hours ago, vetali said:

Skyactiv or MZR? I miss my 3 every once in a while. Fun car.

MZR 2.0. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

59 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

MZR 2.0. 

Solid engine, one of the better that Ford made in that time period and imo more reliable than early Skyactiv. Rarely do I see a MZR problem that wasn't severe neglect like no fluids or 150k mile spark plugs or something stupid.

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

MZR 2.0. 

Ah yeah, I remember now. I ended up replacing my clutch at 110k. Bought it at 97k. Had a shudder when I bought it and it annoyed me too much.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

4 hours ago, Bitter said:

Solid engine, one of the better that Ford made in that time period and imo more reliable than early Skyactiv. Rarely do I see a MZR problem that wasn't severe neglect like no fluids or 150k mile spark plugs or something stupid.

The MZR is definitely a trooper of an engine. It practically lives between 3k-3500 rpms on the freeway. Gotta love the straight 4 for spark plug changes too. Stupid easy. 

4 hours ago, vetali said:

Ah yeah, I remember now. I ended up replacing my clutch at 110k. Bought it at 97k. Had a shudder when I bought it and it annoyed me too much.

When I bought my car, I figured at 11K, I probably overpaid somewhat. However, looking at the used car market today, I feel like I made out like a bandit. Couple years ago, I was helping my sister find a car, and there was a 2010 Mazda 3 with 110K miles, for about the same price I paid for my car back in 2016. Its stupid. 

Also, car has been paid off for a few years, and I’m not itching for another loan anytime soon. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

58 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Went for a ride in a really weird car today. Only had 3 wheels and was an air cooled flat four. It was very bad at staying on the road.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh

I bought a Cricut over the weekend, so OBVIOUSLY I had to make some stickers for my truck.
these were just some test cuts on some cheap vinyl I picked up at the store.

PXL_20230814_192833184.jpg

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5

On 7/28/2023 at 9:45 PM, AlwaysFSX said:

hm-hmm.gif

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod/images/2022-toyota-tundra-trd-pro-02-1641427411.jpg?crop=0.798xw:0.599xh;0.0749xw,0.210xh&resize=1200:*

THE Toyota Pickup, I know you're shitposting but in case you didn't know what I was talking about, because I don't like to assume.

20 minutes ago, DANK_AS_gay said:

THE Toyota Pickup, I know you're shitposting but in case you didn't know what I was talking about, because I don't like to assume.

The past is irrelevant, however.

THE Toyota pickup.

Like how alumni say THE Ohio State University.

1 hour ago, vetali said:

THE Toyota pickup.

Like how alumni say THE Ohio State University.

Which is wild because there's only like four buildings in Ohio.

7 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

And at least 2 of them are Carls Jr.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

The other two are THE Ohio State

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

I like the star nuggets

For six years I had an account but never knew LTT had a car thread 🙂
So here is my 2008 2.0 NC with some mods on it, I have driven it a lot on Zandvoort where the F1 will be in two weeks! Cannot wait.

20210811-DSC01691_v2.jpg

"Trust but verify"
- Listed, think then talk -

7 hours ago, Nouweland said:

So here is my 2008 2.0 NC with some mods on it, I have driven it a lot on Zandvoort where the F1 will be in two weeks! Cannot wait.

You need to go more, obviously

8 hours ago, Nouweland said:

-snip-

nice boat

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

8 hours ago, Nouweland said:

Very clean car, love the wheel/tire setup.

Yeah this is a fun thread, I find myself reading and checking in on it when I hop on but haven't actually posted on here in a long time. It is fun mixing the computer hobby with the car one!

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

7 hours ago, Bitter said:

Speaking of Mazda, anyone know how these three part upper strut mounts are supposed to work?

Flex seal.

55 minutes ago, vetali said:

Flex seal.

I knew I forgot something!

All better now, no banging over bumps, no weird swaying over bumps, drives a little straighter too. Can't wait for my new Mazda to finally come in sometime in supposedly September. Actually I'm not super excited for it, it's a nice car but it will be annoyingly not mine. I like to make cars mine by doing things to them, what I can do seems pretty limited with this car which truthfully is fine but it's going to be very boring and bland. I'll get there with it eventually.

12 hours ago, Bitter said:

Speaking of Mazda, anyone know how these three part upper strut mounts are supposed to work?

IMG_20230816_134358.thumb.jpg.eb5212e932fa8a34057771643f8bd786.jpg

I don't think I have them anymore to be honest... you could download the workshop manual a 1000-page document with everything in it to rebuild a mx5.

"Trust but verify"
- Listed, think then talk -

On 8/16/2023 at 1:40 AM, AlwaysFSX said:

We have more than 4... we have 6, and the other two buildings are Skyline Chili.

Vaporwave: 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d / Powercolor Red Devil RX 7900 XT / Gigabyte B550 Vision D-P / Kingston fury beast 32GB / WD_Black SN770 1tb / Samsung  970 evo 1tb / Corsair RM850x / Cooler Master ML360 v2 / NZXT H9 Elite / Vizio m422i-B1  / Steelseries x Destiny 2 Arctis 1/ GMMK Pro+GMMK Num Akko Lavender/ Steelseries x Destiny 2 Rival 5