Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

The only thing about the malibu i posted a minute or so ago that is putting me off is the interior

5441587464.jpgI'm sure i'd be incredibly comfy in that car.. But that colur is a bit much

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Not really over here. There are five in my town

can i live with you? /s

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

can i live with you? /s

I am surprised that the volvo plague hasn't spread to norway. The older volvos are absolutely everywhere over here. 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

i wouldn't mind 19s, so long as they don't rub against the fenders and the wheel wells when i bag the car and lower it to its maximum low setting. i think i need one with zero or slightly positive offset, because even the stock rims with -20 offset seem to sit flush against the fender.

why would you bag an M5? come on man...

btw, stock wheels are +20, not -20.  

I'm not too sure if 19's will rub or not, but I think they'd look out of place on an E39.  Check out the Forgestar F14.  they're available in 18's with pretty much any offset you want

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I am surprised that the volvo plague hasn't spread to norway. The older volvos are absolutely everywhere over here.

amazon, duett, 240 and 245s are pretty normal here, 242s are super rare. (My dream Volvo is a 243 with å supercharged xc90 v8)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

100_1297.JPG Supercharged K20 Mini looks cramped.

Fast as f*ck though i recon. 

Makes me want a Mini even more. 

holy sweet mother f*cker I want that!

do you have a pic with the clam shell closed?

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

amazon, duett, 240 and 245s are pretty normal here, 242s are super rare. (My dream Volvo is a 243 with å supercharged xc90 v8)

http://www.blocket.se/skaraborg/Volvo_242__75_64320470.htm?ca=15&w=3

Good starting point

holy sweet mother f*cker I want that!

do you have a pic with the clam shell closed?

Not my car but here's what is on the site: http://www.superfastminis.com/LANCEH.htm

100_1282.JPG100_1278.JPG

It looks stock!!

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

but it isnt a 243 though.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

but it isnt a 243 though.

Just grab a regular 240 and weld one door up?

Not my car but here's what is on the sitem/LANCEH.htm

%7Boption%7Dht

It looks stock!!

i will be forever terrified while passing an old mini....

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

why would you bag an M5? come on man...

btw, stock wheels are +20, not -20.  

I'm not too sure if 19's will rub or not, but I think they'd look out of place on an E39.  Check out the Forgestar F14.  they're available in 18's with pretty much any offset you want

because i want some extra cool factor. besides i like low, but i absolutely hate scraping.

really, 19s? i thought like 21s would be out of place, but 19? it's only an inch, it can't be too bad.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

it's only an inch, it can't be too bad.

Thats what she said..

Just grab a regular 240 and weld one door up?

nah, i want one of the original sold by Volvo 243s that were made for the swedish police. (One side looks like a 242 the other looks like a 244)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

nah, i want one of the original sold by Volvo 243s that were made for the swedish police. (One side looks like a 242 the other looks like a 244)

497d0103aaf5b.jpg

I would if i could.. If there was a way of theft proofing it apart from a leather cover.

now you have come across a problem i have :P

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

now you have come across a problem i have :P

I did some thinking and i think i could've made a foldable aluminium lid that locks into place if i got one

I did some thinking and i think i could've made a foldable aluminium lid that locks into place if i got one

true 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

-nope-
one of these: http://jalopnik.com/5148730/ultra-rare-or-ultra-custom-1982-volvo-243-3-door-crossbreed

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Still not seeing the big deal. 

And a factory fuckup seems really unlikely. 

+ The police thing seems a bit fucky too. The door would extend further back which would make the back seat a lot more cramped 

because i want some extra cool factor. besides i like low, but i absolutely hate scraping.

really, 19s? i thought like 21s would be out of place, but 19? it's only an inch, it can't be too bad.

look up pics with 18's and 19's...  18's look much better in my opinion on an e39

then again, you like the whole bagged slammed look... which I think looks puke worthy... so maybe you'll like the 19's better...

look up pics with 18's and 19's...  18's look much better in my opinion on an e39

then again, you like the whole bagged slammed look... which I think looks puke worthy... so maybe you'll like the 19's better...

i'll stick to 18s then. and no bagged isn't even puke worthy. i don't even plan on slamming it to the ground, like maybe at most 6 inches off the ground.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i will be forever terrified while passing an old mini....

Hopefully the fuel tank is a bit bigger so it can pass you back. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

i'll stick to 18s then. and no bagged isn't even puke worthy. i don't even plan on slamming it to the ground, like maybe at most 6 inches off the ground.

if you're not gonna slam it then why bag it?  6" off the ground is plenty of clearance... there are factory cars lower then that

Stay classy Nissan...

Nissan Fired Its LMP1 Employees Three Days Before Christmas With An Email

~~

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/nissan-fired-its-lmp1-employees-three-days-before-chris-1749317387

Dick move. Seriously dick move.

If I worked for Nissan and wasn't part of the LMP1 group I would be pissed off by this behavior. 

Did you miss this? They confirmed tuesday (today) that they would be exiting LMP1 hence no longer require the technical staff for the program, as much as it sucks. It's not like Nissan is pulling out of the WEC completely - their engines still power the majority of the LMP2 and now LMP3 field.

whow1gljm6svp69n8pmc.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB