Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

If you are speeding at 80 in a 20 zone your still toast...but slightly less burnt if you don't run

Yeah, 80 in a 20 zone is going to be rough on you. But worse if you run for sure. 

Although my cousin is a police officer in Minneapolis and he says that they almost never write tickets to motorcycles. In the city, bikes can pretty much always get away if they want to, so if you stop, you will get nothing more than a slap on the wrist; assuming you're not an asshat. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Yeah, 80 in a 20 zone is going to be rough on you. But worse if you run for sure. 

Although my cousin is a police officer in Minneapolis and he says that they almost never write tickets to motorcycles. In the city, bikes can pretty much always get away if they want to, so if you stop, you will get nothing more than a slap on the wrist; assuming you're not an asshat. 

Similar rules apply over here. Mostly because its too dangerous to pursue a bike.

80 in a 20 zone will get your license cut in half over here 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

my cousin got a ticket on his bike for doing 80 in a 70 on the interstate in Nebraska with literally no one else on the road.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

my cousin got a ticket on his bike for doing 80 in a 70 on the interstate in Nebraska with literally no one else on the road.

Was he being an asshat?

:ph34r:

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Of course there has to be a 718 RSK replica for sale when i can't afford it..

8993209747.jpg

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Of course there has to be a 718 RSK replica for sale when i can't afford it..

you wouldnt seriously have one of those as your daily? (Also, those steelies are a tiny bit too big, More Rubber would suit the car added bonus of it being a wv beetle is that parts are easily available)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

ya because its illegal to run from the cops like jail illegal. and it makes car guys look bad like they are all a bunch of hooligans. do it on a racetrack not on the streets

New sport idea:

Cop chase on the track. Last villain standing wins

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

you wouldnt seriously have one of those as your daily? (Also, those steelies are a tiny bit too big, More Rubber would suit the car)

I would if i could.. If there was a way of theft proofing it apart from a leather cover.

Tuesday means more rally cars!

Sent with love from the west coast of our glorious country.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I would if i could.. If there was a way of theft proofing it apart from a leather cover.

a secret wire that is disconected when you drive and connected while parked (grounding the spark plug wires or something)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

a secret wire that is disconected when you drive and connected while parked (grounding the spark plug wires or something)

I'd probably forget about that :/

so apparently the HRE FF01 rims i want for an m5 are 675. A. RIM. NOT. A. SET. that's nearly 3 grand for a whole fucking set. and those were niceass rims.

honestly thats cheap for an HRE...  I'm not a fan of HRE for this specific reason.  the Flow Form is their budget line, the technology that Enkei pioneered.  the patent expired so now everyone is jumping on it.  the difference is most other wheels made with the same process are in the 1-2k per set depending on wheel size.  

Forged monoblock wheels get up to 7-800 per wheel, while HRE wants around 2k per wheel (3 pc wheels even more).  and they're really not better.  for strength and light weight, I'll take a Volk over an HRE wheel any day.  Rays (company that make Volks) actually has wheels in F1... while HRE are only garage queen Ferrari's.  not saying HRE wheels are bad, they do sponsor some rally teams (at least 1 I know of), but motorsports wheels aren't their bread and butter.  and they're absurdly over priced.

check out Forge Star, they make nice wheels that are appropriately priced and general style is similar to HRE with some of their wheels.  only downside is most of their wheels are only available in 19's and bigger

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I'd get it. Seems alright

its a 242, they are rare as f*ck.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

its a 242, they are rare as f*ck.

Not really over here. There are five in my town

This would be pretty cool

5445551127.jpg

100_1297.JPG Supercharged K20 Mini looks cramped.

Fast as f*ck though i recon. 

Makes me want a Mini even more. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Stay classy Nissan...

Nissan Fired Its LMP1 Employees Three Days Before Christmas With An Email

zynxscdjoobrgpgodlil.jpg

http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/nissan-fired-its-lmp1-employees-three-days-before-chris-1749317387

Approximately 40 employees at the Indianapolis-based LMP1 program were notified by e-mail the program had been cancelled Tuesday morning, yet with many of the staffers on vacation for the holidays and away from work e-mail, news of the firing, for many, came from a press release the Japanese brand decided to post in its global newsroom.

Those who did turn up for work Tuesday morning were barred access to the building, and senior team officials, who were also caught by surprise, stepped in to call and inform (or confirm) the sudden dismissals for all who worked at the facility.

Dick move. Seriously dick move.

If I worked for Nissan and wasn't part of the LMP1 group I would be pissed off by this behavior. 

Was he being an asshat?

:ph34r:

doubt it. he's pretty chill. cool guy honestly.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Supercharged K20 Mini looks cramped.

Fast as f*ck though i recon. 

Makes me want a Mini even more. 

When i yanked the engine out of a saab a few days ago i found out that the owner shares a garage with a guy that has two austin minis. 

And i have seen them a few times before.. But i never realized how tiny they were. The roof doesn't even come up to my hip.

The people that claim to have gotten laid in minis have my eternal respect. Considering i could barely fit in the backseat of one

honestly thats cheap for an HRE...  I'm not a fan of HRE for this specific reason.  the Flow Form is their budget line, the technology that Enkei pioneered.  the patent expired so now everyone is jumping on it.  the difference is most other wheels made with the same process are in the 1-2k per set depending on wheel size.  

Forged monoblock wheels get up to 7-800 per wheel, while HRE wants around 2k per wheel (3 pc wheels even more).  and they're really not better.  for strength and light weight, I'll take a Volk over an HRE wheel any day.  Rays (company that make Volks) actually has wheels in F1... while HRE are only garage queen Ferrari's.  not saying HRE wheels are bad, they do sponsor some rally teams (at least 1 I know of), but motorsports wheels aren't their bread and butter.  and they're absurdly over priced.

check out Forge Star, they make nice wheels that are appropriately priced and general style is similar to HRE with some of their wheels.  only downside is most of their wheels are only available in 19's and bigger

i wouldn't mind 19s, so long as they don't rub against the fenders and the wheel wells when i bag the car and lower it to its maximum low setting. i think i need one with zero or slightly positive offset, because even the stock rims with -20 offset seem to sit flush against the fender.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

New sport idea:

Cop chase on the track. Last villain standing wins

in vegas, the cops seriously drag race people in modified cars not paid with taxes. and the drag cars are actually hilariously fast. saw it on top gear, that's how i know.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

TSW Nurburgrings are a pretty safe choice for a wheel design that looks half-decent on the majority of cars.

Forge Star F14's look similar to the Nurburgrings (a bit better in my opinion), proper forged wheel, and are are only a little more than the TSW's.  if you want this style of wheel I think the F14 is the way to go

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

When i yanked the engine out of a saab a few days ago i found out that the owner shares a garage with a guy that has two austin minis. 

And i have seen them a few times before.. But i never realized how tiny they were. The roof doesn't even come up to my hip.

The people that claim to have gotten laid in minis have my eternal respect. Considering i could barely fit in the backseat of one

There's a green Mini Italian Job that goes too and from my place of education and it is tiny. 

It also sounds pretty badass as it flies up the road. Probably running a straight through for kicks. 

My buddy takes the piss out of me for wanting a ridiculously small car but what does he know...Astra driver. (I joke it's pretty quick)

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III