Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Finally saw a Hyundai Genesis up close...

All I can say is that it doesn't look outright horrible... It's just a bit wide (about as wide as a Toyota Land Cruiser)...

I wouldn't buy one for myself though... (I'm not a fan of Hyundai's design language...)

on another note,

Is the new Miata that small? It looks larger than the older Miatas to me...

so apparently the HRE FF01 rims i want for an m5 are 675. A. RIM. NOT. A. SET. that's nearly 3 grand for a whole fucking set. and those were niceass rims.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Yup. I was with my buddy when we passed a new mustang with a few arabs in it and he flipped them off as we went by. It was odd and they were angry

im pretty sure that was arabcist...

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

im pretty sure that was arabcist...

arab cists...didnt know tumors were racist...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

so apparently the HRE FF01 rims i want for an m5 are 675. A. RIM. NOT. A. SET. that's nearly 3 grand for a whole fucking set. and those were niceass rims.

HRE wheels have never been cheap to begin with.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

WELP, RIP. Devastating news for WEC fans as silly season comes to an end. Even if you weren't a fan of the car nor the program, you have to admit they did make headway in terms of aero and drivability improvements if you did follow the private testing in the US. But it was bound to happen after both Cox and Bowlby left Nissan, so who knows. Peugeot is looking to enter LMP1 soon so it's not like we'll be short on manufacturers. Doubtful we'll see another Alliance brand in WEC now, especially with Renault fully committed to F1.

whow1gljm6svp69n8pmc.png

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

arab cists...didnt know tumors were racist...

damnit, im horrible at making jokes.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

HRE wheels have never been cheap to begin with.

well darn, looks like i'm gonna start a new search. might go with jdm brand wheels lol

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So nobody here freaks out when footage of street drifting is on the internet, but when people run from the cops it's a bad thing. Makes sense.

ya because its illegal to run from the cops like jail illegal. and it makes car guys look bad like they are all a bunch of hooligans. do it on a racetrack not on the streets 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Yeah, you should get some craigslist rims if you can find them. The ones I've got now were $260 for a set.

not really finding much interesting for me. and the cheapest hre rims are actually still 2 grand a set.

I got a verbal warning for 75 in a 45 in MN on my SV once :D 

Then a ticket for 39 in a 35 once in ND in my Focus. 

The cops mood makes a huge difference, any speeding ticket you have a chance of staying out of jail. That chance goes away if you run from the cops. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

That sounds like fun.

Yeah, my grandfather won an ice racing event with his Beetle waaaaay back in the day. I think they would work really well with the engine being over the drive wheels and how the whole car is super-light weight. ;) 

WELP, RIP. Devastating news for WEC fans as silly season comes to an end. Even if you weren't a fan of the car nor the program, you have to admit they did make headway in terms of aero and drivability improvements if you did follow the private testing in the US. But it was bound to happen after both Cox and Bowlby left Nissan, so who knows. Peugeot is looking to enter LMP1 soon so it's not like we'll be short on manufacturers. Doubtful we'll see another Alliance brand in WEC now, especially with Renault fully committed to F1.

Nissan seems to have this habit of bringing new out of the box ideas to the track, but they can never seem to keep them competitive. It's unfortunate. 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I got a verbal warning for 75 in a 45 in MN on my SV once :D

Then a ticket for 39 in a 35 once in ND in my Focus.

The cops mood makes a huge difference, any speeding ticket you have a chance of staying out of jail. That chance goes away if you run from the cops.

If you are speeding at 80 in a 20 zone your still toast...but slightly less burnt if you don't run

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Well I'd reccomend finding some you like not from HRE due to being cost prohibitive.

i mean, my go to for that category would be TSW, but i'm not sure how it would actually look on an actual E39 M5 in person, since the configuratior sucks.

@vinyldash303 i'm kinda torn on this configuration, but i feel like it could be better in person, because the configurator just sucks that way. http://www.tsw.com/alloy-wheels-configurator/#!year=2003&make=BMW&model=M5%20E39&size=Staggered%2019%20Inch%20Wheels&go=1&body=0&tab=wheels&page=1&wheel=2646&wheelimage=6215&color=19118

How much would you be paying for the car, and how much would you be paying for the wheels? Its not bad, but I think bronse colored wheels would look better than black on black?

there's no bronze, only black or silver.

and i plan to spend 10 grand, max 15.

there's no bronze, only black or silver.

and i plan to spend 10 grand, max 15.

how avout theese? http://www.tsw.com/alloy-wheels-configurator/#!year=2003&make=BMW&model=M5%20E39&size=Staggered%2019%20Inch%20Wheels&go=1&body=0&tab=wheels&page=1&wheel=4085&wheelimage=12202&color=19118 (i think they look great)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

i mean, my go to for that category would be TSW, but i'm not sure how it would actually look on an actual E39 M5 in person, since the configuratior sucks.

TSW Nurburgrings are a pretty safe choice for a wheel design that looks half-decent on the majority of cars.

Folding@Home | BOINC

So I'm back here with another problem with my camaro :( so the transmission has started to not correctly shift, as in it will sometimes not shift out of park and it will drive in reverse but not correctly in drive.. It will start to go but it feels like somebody is holding the clutch in 90% down all the time.. It has transmission fluid and the odometer says: 568275 (I personally don't think that's right but whatever.. Hopefully you guys can help.. I am taking it to a shop to get looked at today or tomorrow..

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

So I'm back here with another problem with my camaro :( so the transmission has started to not correctly shift, as in it will sometimes not shift out of park and it will drive in reverse but not correctly in drive.. It will start to go but it feels like somebody is holding the clutch in 90% down all the time.. It has transmission fluid and the odometer says: 568275 (I personally don't think that's right but whatever.. Hopefully you guys can help.. I am taking it to a shop to get looked at today or tomorrow..

The shop will probably be able to tell you more than we can. Best of luck with it though. And may your wallet survive this

What kind of camaro was this btw?

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

TSW Nurburgrings are a pretty safe choice for a wheel design that looks half-decent on the majority of cars.

according to the configurator, they won't show it, i assume they won't fit??

i actually like the tsw rouen  they look almost kinda rpf1 ish

The shop will probably be able to tell you more than we can. Best of luck with it though. And may your wallet survive this

What kind of camaro was this btw?

79 z28

Pls Follow your own posts!      Chief Engineer for my School Studio, Own my own Home Studio also. I also do requests for Remixing songs too :D Storage Server: Mobo: Supermicro X8SIA-F Case: Some Supermicro 1U case Drives: 3x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM drives, 1x 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM CPU: Intel Xeon X3430 2.4GHz Ram: 2x Kingston ECC 2GB sticks

79 z28

Never really thought about the 78s. But those look pretty cool actually  :D

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"