Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Also who said you can't take a B13 Sentra and enter it in a modern rally?

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Can confirm: a few of these have landed in Toronto, the below was spotted Downtown. @MEC-777

-snip-

Is it confirmed that Mitsubishi is killing off the Evo line?

I'm sure you've done something mind blowingly reckless at some point on 4 wheels if you've got your license. Don't need to go full keyboard warrior because someone wanted to do some pulls at the ass Crack of dawn on a weekday.

Not really no, I drive a Corsa life, and I care about my own (life, that is). I've not done anything that I've thought afterwards was incredibly reckless. I've made mistakes yes, but deliberately dangerous driving? No not really.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Is it confirmed that Mitsubishi is killing off the Evo line?

Its been confirmed for almost 3 years I think.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

Not one unsafe pass? Never more than 10mph over the speed limit? Always taking the corners at the recommended speeds? Doing 45 when there's a little bit of rain on the road? I'm sure you check your tire pressure at least once a week. Wouldn't it be reckless not to? Or maybe doing a walk around of your vehicle to make sure it's clear of small children? I find that hard to believe. Everyone has done something reckless at least once in their time of driving. If you haven't you bought your car to stick it in the living room and stare at or weren't paying attention when it happened.

You're defending someone doing something that could get considerable jail time for dangerous driving, why exactly?

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Being flashed for doing 80+ in a 20 isn't a ticket we were willing to take. (In the Prelude)

So we took it up to top speed on the highway (145 MPH), dived down some country roads and put it in the garage and ran in the house (friends' car and a different friend's garage / house)

Yeah... That's a felony if you had gotten caught...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

@DebatED Nothing I'm not saying what @RevoltTrain does on occasion is smart or safe at all, it's not. But in all of the situations that it could be done in, that's one of the best. On and running from the cops, yeah, no. Nope. Do not want. But in all the circumstances that it could happen, 2:30 am on Tuesday, eh.

I'll agree, is it smart. No. Not at all. But it was either that or we were all gonna be spending some serious time in jail. So, yeah. 

We're teens, we will do dumb shit at night with our cars. It's just what we do when we're looking for fun at night in a deserted area

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

tl;dr on road behavior:

There is a time and place for everything.

(on a side note, I once had a fit of road rage... going beyond the 85th percentile rule and hitting the legal maximum speed limit on a highway... then again road regulations are a bit loose here... no cops=no speed limit... and there are more bad drivers here than good ones so being able to drive in an aggressively defensive manner is essential...)

I'm sure you've done something mind blowingly reckless at some point on 4 wheels if you've got your license. Don't need to go full keyboard warrior because someone wanted to do some pulls at the ass Crack of dawn on a weekday.

Now I will not defend my driving as flawless...it certainly isn't. I did once accidentally hit a sharp corner at 60kmh in a 4wd...never doing that again.

I have also done over 70 kmh in same car on loose gravel road for fun. Thing is that speed was legal, took sanity checks, and slowed down if I saw other traffic around to not risk them.

Side note:

I find gravel fun to drive on but avoiding dangerous amounts of fishtailing at higher speeds in rear wheels isnt easy(even with 4wd on)

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

@DepatED I misread your quote, but what I said still stands. I'm not defending him, (OK maybe a little) but what I'm trying to say is you don't need to crucify someone for having a little fun. You can get jailed for much less. I've got a good friend of mine that's run with that type of people before and they're not bad people. They'd give you the shirt off their backs if you asked for it and they'd take a bullet for you a lot of the time (at least my buddy would, dunno how RevoltTrain is, never met him) but you're judging someone based on actions they're willing to admit.

That's exactly how I am with my best friends. I mean, we do our holidays together, we went on a 20 hour roadtrip to bring one of them home for the holidays, if anyone ever needs a place to stay for some reason they always have one, I always even give them my bed and I sleep on the couch. I'd honestly take bullet for anyone in my group

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

That's exactly how I am with my best friends. I mean, we do our holidays together, we went on a 20 hour roadtrip to bring one of them home for the holidays, if anyone ever needs a place to stay for some reason they always have one, I always even give them my bed and I sleep on the couch. I'd honestly take bullet for anyone in my group

I get it, but running from the cops is still stupid. I'd take a ticket over 4+ years in prison...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

I get it, but running from the cops is still stupid. I'd take a ticket over 4+ years in prison...

Doing that much over would have not been just a ticket

BTW we just passed 35k posts.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

BTW we just passed 35k posts.

Seems like 20k was just a few weeks ago. :)

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

That's freaking cool man. I think I mentioned the time my buddy locked his keys in the f150 he was driving a few weeks back in Toledo so I had to go to his house, he talked me through what to do to get in, then get the spare and drive it to him so him and his buddy could get back on the road. Really cool drive. Cruise control saved me from a ticket that day. Doing 62 down a hill that if I had just coasted would've been doing 75 by the bottom of the hill easy.

That's great. We're a really close group. All of our moms see us all as their own kids, and we all see each other as brothers. My only time being with someone that got pulled over was the other day when we were pulled over by Wisconsin State for doing 96 in a 70. Thankfully he was cool and wrote us for a 85 in a 70 and we got away with a $200 ticket (On the trip to go get our friend Jeremy and bring him home for the holidays. We were trying to make up for lost time after we left late and stopped for Culver's)

Doing that much over would have not been just a ticket

Cam from Haggard Garage got a ticket for doing 85 in a 45. Just don't get caught going above 90. Ever. EVER. At that point you can get your license suspended, at least in Minnesota.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

Cam from Haggard Garage got a ticket for doing 85 in a 45. Just don't get caught going above 90. Ever. EVER. At that point you can get your license suspended, at least in Minnesota.

Wisconsin gives you a ticket and you get a few points on your license that can be taken off with a test online

holy shit, guys. this is a car thread, where people come together to talk about one common interest: cars. Not a place to argue, bicker, bitch, or argue with one another at all. stuff like this shouldn't be on the thread. if you guys need to continue, take it to a PM, not here.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Am I the only one that is terrified of being with one of my friends and him/her deciding to run from the cops despite my arguments not to.

I've literally had bad dreams about that...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

you call that a MIATA? that ABOMINATION is the creation of a retarded fish on shrooms.

chilllllll.

i really like the new miata. it's really light at considering how loaded and heavy cars are today, and it's got nice lines.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Wisconsin gives you a ticket and you get a few points on your license that can be taken off with a test online

What's the max points before license suspension?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

chilllllll.

i really like the new miata. it's really light at considering how loaded and heavy cars are today, and it's got nice lines.

Being I drove one, it's great. Small though haha. It's always smaller and the inconvenience sticks out when you check one out in person.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Am I the only one that is terrified of being with one of my friends and him/her deciding to run from the cops despite my arguments not to.

I've literally had bad dreams about that...

If it was a friend of mine that isn't that good of a driver. I would be. Elsewise, no not really

Really want a classic beetle to take ice racing this year. Then I went online to check prices. Now I am sad. :(

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

I think everyone got mad. Myself included. The triggering intensifies!

attachicon.gifyou must be new here.jpg

Yup. I was with my buddy when we passed a new mustang with a few arabs in it and he flipped them off as we went by. It was odd and they were angry

Actually has he ever been on a forum before

As for bottom

They see me rollin'

They hatin'

They see me riding Arab...