Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

i suggest you read my edit.

The edit makes me want to spend a ton of money and do this myself RN

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

I know but I didn't think that GM had any chev-factories in aus? therefore the motor was imported I think.

Dunno, im probably totally wrong

I wouldn't know either. What I do know: 8 cylinders that make happy faces.

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

The edit makes me want to spend a ton of money and do this myself RN

i think i migth go and check the car out tomorrow, give it a good inspection and hopefully it wil come home with me.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

add another car to my list of wants. MKI Celica Liftback.

I drive a Honda, but i'm a Toyota boy at heart.

I use Apple products, and I like it.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-2820QM GPU: Intel HD3000/Radeon HD6750M RAM: 12GB(4GB Crucial, 8GB PNY) MOBO: Apple A1286 PSU: Apple MagSafe MONITOR: 1680x1050 CHASSIS: MacBook Pro 15 (Early 2011) A1286

i think i migth go and check the car out tomorrow, give it a good inspection and hopefully it wil come home with me.

Make sure to take photos if you do!

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

i will, i promise i will.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

V8 in a Japanese car still feels wrong to me

But well done.

well, i can forget about that Toyota.... (The Seller had made a spelling error in his adress, he wrote strømmen wich is half an hour from here, he meant straumen wich is close to one day of driving... (And thats only one way, not factoring in the trip back home)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

well, i can forget about that Toyota.... (The Seller had made a spelling error in his adress, he wrote strømmen wich is half an hour from here, he meant straumen wich is close to one day of driving... (And thats only one way, not factoring in the trip back home)

Damn. I have a 20 hour round way roadtrip starting on Thursday

i found a Datsun 280 C wich is a lot closer to where i live, it needs some paint but thats easily fixable. (One of my dads friends owns a garage with a spray booth)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

When my dad and I make road trips to socal to see family from his house to there it's supposed to take 22 hours but he usually makes it in 18.
[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

i found a Datsun 280 C wich is a lot closer to where i live, it needs some paint but thats easily fixable. (One of my dads friends owns a garage with a spray booth)

Ooh. Also something I'd buy

When my dad and I make road trips to socal to see family from his house to there it's supposed to take 22 hours but he usually makes it in 18.

We'll probably make it in less time. Why needs speed limits?

(Going to be driving through Chicago, Milwaukee, and Green Bay though)

Huh... I had forgotten Chief crashed the car last month, but given the timeframe they must have had a replacement in the works for a while. Either way, 2.0 looks badass!

Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X+ Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

add another car to my list of wants. MKI Celica Liftback.

That's pretty. :) Looks little bit like a small american muscle car with JDM twist or is it just me ? :D

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

That's pretty. :) Looks little bit like a small american muscle car with JDM twist or is it just me ? :D

That's what I was thinking. I need one

American V8 in a Japanese car still feels wrong to me

But well done.

Fixed :P I think a VH45 in a 240sx, or UZ in a Cressida is sick

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

V8 in a Japanese car still feels wrong to me

But well done.

not even a japanese v8? like a 1uz fe?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

not even a japanese v8? like a 1uz fe?

most (all that I know of, saying most just in case there's something I'm not thinking of) japanese V8's are a lot bigger and a decent amount heavier.  physical size and weight, the LS1 is pretty much peerless as far as production V8's go.  thats what makes it such a good candidate to swap into everything under the sun...

Gigabyte Z87X-UD4H | 4770k 4.6GHz | Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866 16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

I get spare gas cans aren't cheap (which annoys me) but this is fucking ridiculous.

post-1744-0-18293600-1450144024_thumb.pn

Yeah now you see, that's a bit useless for me. :P

why just to small 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

why just to small 

Yeah, I'm looking for at least a 10 gallon tank, preferably 15 gallon though.

I think the point is not that they are street cars (which they're not) but that they race "on the street". ;)

When they start filming the show for TV, they started closing off the road(s)/locations and co-ordinate with the local police, so that it's technically "legal" to do what they're doing. There's no way they could get away with those huge filming lights hanging high above them without the police (or someone) taking notice. It's possible they've used a local air strip runway as that would make for a good, safe location to race. 

One thing that stays the same is they race on unprep'd streets/roads which remains as the equalizer and keeps things interesting. ;)  Oh and no spoilers please, I'm only half way through season 3. Thanks. ;)

I am aware Big Chief and Chuck both crashed when racing each other recently, during filming. Both were hospitalized, but both will be ok.   

I admit it has been at least a year since I have watched it, but I believe the whole premise was the fastest street cars in their area. Not just racing on the street but they're representing the cars as street cars, even though they are not even remotely close to a street car.

The show does little to keep my attention. YMMV

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID0 + 2 x 8TB WD Red's in RAID1