Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Well for starters you need a new cluster. You can actually get one of these from this website for your 240. 100% serious.

http://www.davebarton.com/WhiteFaceGaugesRage.html

JqiGEVV.jpg

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

*sigh* why does the MKII Supra have to be so slow, and the MKIII Supra BHGs? :( I want a Toyota sports car that is somewhat practical that will be decently fast. it makes me sad. MR2s are great, but I've decided I need more room.

When Fuzzy says he wants something different than MR2

zvCw1LK.gif?noredirect

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

-smip-

nope, i like them. they fit my lolvo 420 quite nicely. (yes im nicknaming the volvo 240 "lolvo 420")

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

i have a plan for the "Lolvo 420" loads of meme stickers/mildly offensive jokes, lowered suspension, stripped interior, 4 bucket seats, haterpipe (with tractor style flapper valve) and some nice wide gunnmetal gray metallic steelies. (i will also hopefully add a limited slip diff and some minor engine mods)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

but MR2!!!!!!

I know! and I really want one! but I need a car that can fit a passenger and guitar at the same time.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Oh my god. Yes. Give give

Do you even rally truck?

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

I know! and I really want one! but I need a car that can fit a passenger and guitar at the same time.

practicality is over rated (looks at the crosley and model t speedster)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

@Real_PhillBert Ever change a spark plug wire that goes behind the engine on your Mustang? -_-

None of my spark plug wires go behind the engine... Two coil packs are mounted to the front timing cover, then the spark plug wires go to their prospective cylinders. 

EDIT:

Not my pic but this shows the spark plug wire layout very well. Poorly managed, but well shown :P

52744566.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

(looks at trophy truck) It can get groceries...

Hey I can to (looks at passenger seat . Also I am curios what size bed is the average pickup

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

None of my spark plug wires go behind the engine... Two coil packs are mounted to the front timing cover, then the spark plug wires go to their prospective cylinders. 

EDIT:

Not my pic but this shows the spark plug wire layout very well. Poorly managed, but well shown :P

Lucky you, this is how they're routed on the V6, between the valves & intake and firewall.

50529_800px.jpg?wid=810&hei=608

Hey I can to (looks at passenger seat . Also I am curios what size bed is the average pickup

6.5' iirc. That'd be the most popular as far as I'm aware.

6' is a standard, 8' is long bed.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

The standard lengths are 6“ or 8" if you've got a short bed or long bed on full size trucks if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think Chevy and Dodge have had 6' specific beds for a while?

Chevy has 6', 6'6", and 8'1" boxes. Most common one I've seen around here is the 6'6" though since there's a ton of work trucks.

The standard lengths are 6“ or 8" if you've got a short bed or long bed on full size trucks if I'm not mistaken.

wow you could just barely  fit the crosley on the long bed with the back down wheel base is 85 inches full size is 135 inches so the back would be hanging out a bit but good to know if i ever break down i just need to call a pickup truck xD

wow you could just barely  fit the crosley on the long bed with the back down wheel base is 85 inches full size is 135 inches so the back would be hanging out a bit but good to know if i ever break down i just need to call a pickup truck xD

Uhh.. yeah, use a trailer. :P

How the hell you gonna load it? What you could do is walk to uhaul and rent a truck and trailer from them.

Ramps exist..?

How the hell you gonna load it? What you could do is walk to uhaul and rent a truck and trailer from them.

simple, do a wheelie and get the front wheels on the back of the truck, then engage 4wd and pull yourself up. 

if only it were that simple...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

This is true, but you're loading a car into a truck bed, when the car is loaded, are the ramps and car going to fit with the car? I know its a Crosley but still.

Stick em in the back seat. :D

Depends on the vehicle, if it's not too low you can shove some ramps underneath the vehicle because they're really slim.

this is like sex, very super slow sex. that passionate kind of sex.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Uhh.. yeah, use a trailer. :P

Ramps exist..?

I was joking :P anyways I couldn't fit it on a normal trailer I would have to use ones without gap in the middle (not sure what those are called)

Would it be easier to swap a 2jz into a MKII Supra, or turbo it?

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

New B is for Build:

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

So, according to people that attended Slay Ride, Orion's Lexus has gone to twin turbos, and Chris Forsberg and Ryan Tuereck hooned it. Can't wait until some footage of it comes out.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB