Best fans for H115i?

gundamMC

I'm looking for some new replacement fans for the h115i, the stock ones are a bit too loud for me.

After going through various pages it seems like its one of the three:

• Noctua NF-A14
  • Corsair ML140
  • Thermaltake Riing 140mm

I don't really care about aesthetic since my case (Phanteks Evolv ATX) is on the ground and facing me directly so I won't see it anyways. xD 

Any recommendations? Thanks

I would personally get the Corsair ML fans, going by all the reviews I've read/seen, they're the quietest on the market even at full RPM. Good static pressure too.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

i have a pair of noctua industrial 3000RPM fans on my 115, and i have them set pretty low speed. i can hear them, but just barely. and they keep the water temp pretty cool.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

The Riing fans worked out really nicely back in the day for me. But the ML series is also really good. I would go Noctua if you don't care about the looks and ML or Riing if you do. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

47 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I would personally get the Corsair ML fans, going by all the reviews I've read/seen, they're the quietest on the market even at full RPM. Good static pressure too.

Thanks! I just noticed the Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 fans; how do those compare to the ML fans?

17 hours ago, gundamMC said:

Thanks! I just noticed the Be Quiet Silent Wings 3 fans; how do those compare to the ML fans?

SW3's quieter than the ML's but can't perform as well if you want to run them at high rpm. 

NF-A14's are better than SW3's at lower rpm but are more similar at moderate to high rpm with High-Speed SW3's. 

Riings are fairly quiet but don't perform as well as the other options mentioned.

If you want potential for higher performance, ML's are great. If you're focused on a very quiet system, NF-A14's would be better. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, gundamMC said:

DO NOT use those for the h115. I tired them, they are GARBAGE for that application. GREAT airflow fans, but are terrible at building the static pressure needed.

I've gone through 3 iterations of fans on my H115i: Corsair stock, BQ! SW3, & Noctua Industrial (the black fans). The noctuas are by far the best of what i've tried so far.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic