Apple Magic Mouse 2 Not Playing Nice In Bootcamp

Recently installed Win10 in bootcamp on my MacBook Pro Touch Bar 2017 model.

Installation went smoothly and all of the internal drivers installed correctly.

Furthermore it automatically detected the Apple Mouse (bluetooth) 

However after literally a minute, a or so, although the bluetooth settings were showing the mouse to be still connected, there was no response from the mouse ie no cursor movement.

Troubleshooting

1) Rebooted

2) Removed and re-added the mouse into bluetooth settings

3) Re-installed win10 in bootcamp

4) Removed the mouse within IOS bluetooth settings and re-tested in windows

5) Updated OS to latest patches

All of the above was done in an activated copy of Windows 10 Pro 64bit

I will admit I haven't tried 32bit OS in bootcamp as of yet

Observations

a) After removing and re-adding the mouse in bootcamp, it works for perhaps 30 seconds then all cursor activity stops

b) No problems with reliability in IOS (so that rules out hardware issues)

A google on the issue revealed some peeps had luck re-installing the Magic Mouse drivers in the OS but for me that didn't fix the issue.

Anyone either seen this issue or have any more troubleshooting steps I could take?

magic_mouse_hero.png.ad6bddb2886f26cb9761d041cf765e82.png

Right click on the start menu and click device manager. Expand Bluetooth and let me know what you see.

Re-installed win10 once more (its incredibly fast on these modern ssd's) and same problem.  Some more observations, before and during bootcamp installing its driver packages both my wireless Logitech keyboard and Apple Mouse connect automatically and remain operational until a minute or so after the bootcamp driver routine finishes

k810fobus455x500.png.314f6a09b9296bf71f646116b446b9d1.png

• Noticed that the bluetooth keyboard is suffering the same fate as the mouse
  • Again, all bluetooth devices remain stable until the bootcamp install finishes

So this has to point towards a bluetooth driver mess up with apple not testing their bootcamp drivers properly on the MacBook Pro touch laptops.  I had a MacBook 12" previously and this was fine with bluetooth under bootcamp.

Grrrrr

5a96f21b7699a_devicemanager.thumb.png.5e3024ea5087600b20c226d6ba10c5c3.png

• 2 years later...

I solved my Bluetooth Mice issue in Windows 10 Bootcamp as of Feb 2021 with latest Mac OS big Sur update by following:

1. Update MacOS and follow steps here to install Windows Support Software: https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT204923

2. Update Windows. Went to Settings, Device Manager, bluetooth and update driver for all bluetooth radio and everything. Restart.

3. Didn't work. Can't find Power Management Tab in Bluetooth radio? I followed steps: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-missing-bluetooth-power-management-tab/62e63e7d-9954-4898-b2a3-44fed70421c5?page=2

"

First, go to Device Manager > Human Interface Devices.

1.Click on the "Bluetooth Low Energy GAT compliant HID device" and there's a power management tab in it. Disable/un-tick the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

2. Click on "I2C HID Device" and there's a power management tab in it. Disable/un-tick the "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". "

4. Didn't work.

5. Looked through every single line in Windows Device Manager, and disable/untick everything that power management tab > "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". " - Not sure of negative effects.

6. Shut down MacBook and waited ten minutes. Boot up straight into Windows.

7. Turned off bluetooth and turned on. Paired Logitech G604 mice and it is working now.

8. I even bought the Logitech unifying receiver which I may not need now. Initially I deduce, the unifying receiver will not help as my Apple Mice did not work via bluetooth in Windows Bootcamp.

9. The Logitech Mice have been working for the past hour and I will monitor.

10. There's another option to enable "Bluetooth Collaboration" on "Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter" by right clicking on it and click "properties" > MacBook Pro, Boot Camp and Bluetooth mice in Windows (craigharvey.me)

I hope this will help you.

Regards,

Jianfa Ben Tsai