LTX 2018 Rideshare Program

First and foremost, my friend and I are unsure if we're going this year, pending work schedules and personal lives, so I cannot offer rides to anyone again this year like I did last year for a couple people until that's settled. If we do go, we'd be taking one of the 2 ferry routes from Vancouver Island, and would have room for 2 normal sized human blobs and 1 skinny one, or 2 blobulous sized human blobs, but again, I won't know until it's closer to the date.

I just thought I'd create an unofficial ridesharing / carpooling thread for anyone who wishes to be nice and pickup those staying outside of walking distance or public transit with their extra vehicular seating.

(Mods, go right ahead and delete this if you'd rather not have it on the forum - just thought it'd be a good idea for those traveling in from out of country.)

Here's how this should work: You create a post in this thread depending on the following:

• if you're driving, how many seats you wish to fill in your vehicle
    • OR
  • if you need a ride, how many people need a pickup, and from where (no direct addresses please - this is a public form, after all)  

• When you find someone who needs a pickup or someone who can pick you up, quote them once with your reply
    • then they should PM you with more details to work things out - I am not volunteering to do the coordination for you :P 
  • If you fill your seats or find a rideplease remember to EDIT your post in this thread so everyone knows your seats are filled / you found a ride

And as always, be safe! If you're uncomfortable giving /getting a ride to / from a stranger, there is never any obligation to follow through. Simply let them know you no longer need to give / take the ride, and get to LTX 2018 however you were going to get there originally.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

On 2/28/2018 at 5:43 PM, 88pockets said:

Pick me up in Los Angeles,  I'll just be waiting on the corner

Alrighty, sounds good. If I leave within a week of the event, we should just be able to make a round trip down to get you and drive back in time. You're paying for gas and Starbucks though. /sarcasm

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

• 3 weeks later...

The site groupcarpool.com could help coordinate this.  Lets drivers add their car with location, time, and number of seats and allows riders to sign up for a spot.

I've set up an example here.  lmk your thoughts

I added my rental. @Canada EH, good point. Everyone should make sure that you have your tickets printed, return flight details printed, and we need to add each other in our phones just to be safe. However, IME, going into another country for a trade show is really easy.

Do what's right, not what's easy

On 3/17/2018 at 6:18 PM, SirMonti said:

The site groupcarpool.com could help coordinate this.  Lets drivers add their car with location, time, and number of seats and allows riders to sign up for a spot.

I've set up an example here.  lmk your thoughts

This is great! I'll probably update my main post in a little while, but also found another ridesharing service called https://www.poparide.com/ that has an iOS and Android app. It does require some registration, so that might not make it an ideal choice, however, it's another good platform to plan out trips rather than just using forum posts, so thought I'd share it and get some input from your guys here before updating the first post on the thread.

I will be driving from Edmonton AB and will have 2-3 extra seats. Not 100% sure if I'm going but I've bought my ticket. Still waiting on work to approve the time off. PM me if interested. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2018 at 11:07 PM, Kamjam21xx said:

I really want to go to LTX18 but like.... heres my problem...

I got that destination right didnt i?

--SNIP--

Pfff that's not that long - just over 1.5 days drive! If you are taking 3 other people, you can each split up the drive into 9.25 hour chunks. I expect to see you there. :D 

On 3/31/2018 at 8:07 AM, Kamjam21xx said:

I got that destination right didnt i?Screenshot_20180331-020011.thumb.png.20fa42a8e319c56812f7ce62fcb30db1.png

I might have a little bigger problem here ..

Which is why I cannot go this year .. I hope to in the future!

5ac155599bb47_Alittle.PNG.21a38581b2b67ec0d86c02b675e37265.PNG

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

8 hours ago, Sfekke said:

I got my enhanced license, so theyll just let me drive through the border. Need to buy a 2000 honda civic to drive there. You can drive 5 hours on 20$ in a civic.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/31/2018 at 2:07 AM, Kamjam21xx said:

I got that destination right didnt i?Screenshot_20180331-020011.thumb.png.20fa42a8e319c56812f7ce62fcb30db1.png

Whats the problem here exactly? According to that its only a 9 day bike ride...

26 minutes ago, SirMonti said:

Whats the problem here exactly? According to that its only a 9 day bike ride...

Will they let me cross the border on a bike?

36 minutes ago, Kamjam21xx said:

Will they let me cross the border on a bike?

If you can get there on a bike and have a passport book/card/nexus/bribe money, then yes, they will let you in.

On 4/1/2018 at 11:09 PM, Kamjam21xx said:

I got my enhanced license, so theyll just let me drive through the border. Need to buy a 2000 honda civic to drive there. You can drive 5 hours on 20$ in a civic.

lol. I did cross country last summer in one and yeah you can get 350+ miles a tank and if your not in CA fill ups about 25$. 

the key is to get the vtec-E motor.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

There wouldn't happen to be anyone driving from the Reno NV area or like somewhere in california would there? I'm actually slightly contemplating going, but I ain't driving the whole way. As efficient as my chevy volt is, I'm not in the mood to drive that far xD

even residue on hitch hiker strangers credit card wont be kosher for the other stranger

• 1 month later...

rideshare by foot from brighouse station (local station) to LTX anyone?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

If I can go, my family gets a sweet deal on rentals, so I'd try to get a van (so we'd probably be able to pickup people w/in like ~30mi radius of Richmond). However, given my new job starts on the ninth it may be a little tough to squeeze in the time for the con. We'll see ;-)

How to fit right in to the LTT forum...   1. Look for the appropriate thread  2. Reply: {insert topic here} NO!

....And this my friends is what the world has came to. Be proud of yourselves.

Hoping for a 1-person pickup from Seattle and drop-off after the event the same evening (don't mind staying overnight in Canada depending on the host driver; I can arrange my own accomodations if that's the case).

It will just be me, and my backpack with a laptop and space for swag; if you're not communicative, that's alright- I can just watch videos on my phone over my headset over the entirety of the ride. If you need compensation, PM me how much money you want for ferring me both ways.

PC in Profile

On 2/4/2018 at 3:25 AM, Sfekke said:

m8. look at mine. i crie in the corner

Untitled.png

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

1 hour ago, kameshss said:

m8. look at mine. i crie in the corner

Untitled.png

Okay that is nuts :o

When the PC is acting up haunted,

who ya gonna call?
"Monotone voice" : A local computer store.

*Terrible joke I know*

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to point out, the 14 hour flight would be impossible due to having to change airports in London and the time difference not being long enough for a connecting international flight in any actual reality... Amazing job, Google.

The £940.00 flight is a winner with a mere 3 stops including an overnight in Dublin and a grand total of a lovely 30hours and 20 mins travel time...

I'm going to Mexico a week today instead, anyway... YAY

IOMVAN.JPG