SlideNJoy is *A SCAM* and Linus and team need to take down their review video

***PLEASE LINUS AND TEAM, TAKE DOWN YOUR CES 2018 LE SLIDE VIDEO***

Hey Linus and team, you really need to have your team do a little research and pull down this video--these SlideNJoy guys are a total scam and your video is helping them steal from people by making them look more legitimate (your video is embedded on their website).

They have no policy stated for refund of your deposit (suggesting you could get it back), but as soon as you say anything to their customer service about wanting your money back, you get ghosted.

I ordered off their website post-kickstarter (order # 34059, paid 60 british pounds as a deposit), and I just discovered that they DELETED MY ACCOUNT off their website ("no account found with that username/email address") after they stopped writing me back, so I can't even go back and see what credit card I paid for the deposit with.

There's also an extensive page on kickstarter about people getting ghosted when they mention wanting a refund: http://kickscammed.com/project/slidenjoy-double-or-triple-your-screens/#.Wo2SthPwYUG

The customer service page on their site is non-functional (looks like a database error).

Additionally, the phone number on their website is disconnected (I tried to call it over skype about a half hour ago).

Also, if you ever try to talk to their chat support, they immediately go offline (I have tried for a week with now the same results).

This is truly an epic scam by a trio of belgian marketers (to the tune of 11,000+ orders and $4 million+ USD), and they are using Linus to readily fool and steal from those of us who trust his opinion.

***PLEASE LINUS AND TEAM, TAKE DOWN YOUR CES 2018 LE SLIDE VIDEO***

Regards,

- JBondo777

You, could have at least put this under General Discussion. This doesn't sound like a computer monitor at all. Sounds like a scam.

Regardless, nice insight. If enough people ban together it will either force a response out of the website to explain themselves or they will shut themselves down and run.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

I have a bad feeling about this xD 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

@LinusTech Maybe you should have a look at this

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Good thing @8uhbbhu8 posted, or this would be a double post.  :P

Seriously though, I decided to do some digging.  Let's read some comments, shall we?

There was also a few comments mentioning Linus.  Whenever his name pops up, I will color it orange.

Spoiler

"More than 30 months later and we still don't have any good news about our money or our final product, we only see pictures about travels!!!"

"How about actually release an update about the current situation? Your CES presence seemed to be non existent according to pictures, people trying to visit you. And you only post some pictures and videos from a hotel room."

"Hey guys, how does someone get a refund. Tired of waiting.

Honestly if anyone had taken the money they pledged for this project and invested it, the returns they would have had in the years its taken would have been greater than the discount received by being a backer. There is no advantage in dealing with these guys anymore. They are a complete joke.

I think everyone should be requesting a refund or a lawsuit here."

"This kickstarter campaign is a scam. Join the facebookgroup ‘slidenjoy is it a scam’ 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1455291584505620/ Legal actions are on the way. Class action is possible under EU law !"

"Well well well, we're waiting. Creators, what's your next shitty excuse? Are you still busy writing some BS for the update? ..."

"@leslide: Would you mind explaining what happened to you in 2016 with zero euro of profit and a loss of 100.828,90 euros according to Central balance sheet office in Belgium?

In addition to that, please tell us the investors

1. What happened in CES 2018 apart from the dodgy Linus advertissement? 
2. Are you going to ship us any final product because it is going to be Feburary in six days from now.

Thank you

@all dear backers: For those who would like to see how our dear friends do, please

1. visit https://cri.nbb.be/bc9/web/catalog… 
2. type in 0479150108 when asked 
3. download the stuff either in pdf format or in xbrl format

Let's say a little loss of 100.828,90 euros + zero euro of profit back in 2016 (the last page)"

"Oh wow I got my Slidenjoy this morning just as promised!

Oh wait, no I haven't because they don't even know which fucking one I want because they haven't even asked us. 10/10 would never buy again.

Sorry, buying Implies that I get something for paying. Erm... 10/10 would not give to the slide n joy charity to fund all their fucking fancy holidays"

"I tried to stop by the CES booth, but no one was there, no product on display, nothing more than a logo in a tiny sub-booth space. Proof: YtYf0Eh.jpg

Very disappointing as a backer when they said they would be there and I could see something in person :("

"Linus tech showcasing this damn product. But when will we get ours. Stop giving youtuber your damn product. Give it to us your backer instead."

"I have given up on this project. If it happens, cool, if it doesn't, then I will have learned never to back another kickstarter campaign again. There have been at least five products since this one started I thought were really good and I would have backed them in a heartbeat, but for the appalling attitude of kickstarter and @creators. I did back another project a year after slidenjoy, thinking that perhaps this was just an anomaly. The other project is currently a year late. Kickstarter is so much vaporware."

"@everyone: Linus (Tech) quick demo of the device https://www.youtube.com/watch…"

This isn't even close to all of the angry comments, just a few highlights.
While this doesn't indicate any intent to scam, there are many unhappy backers that are not getting answers.

Again, @LinusTech @nicklmg I think it would be a good idea to look into this.

re: Windows7ge, this is about a display device... so it seemed the relevant place to put it.

UPDATE: on the facebook community for people who have tried and failed to get their money back from SlidenJoy, we have figured out that the "terms & conditions" page on their website (which is, for some reason, only in french... on an English website... even though they're based in Belgium...) basically says that the deposit in non-refundable (thought that is never mentioned during the ordering process) and that you legally agree to being aware of all of their terms when you hit the purchase button.

EU buyers have additional protections, but I believe that we are screwed here in the US.

NOTE: you can see in my attached invoice screenshot that the link to the T&C is at the bottom of the document, but that is literally the only place you'd see it as part of the purchase UX flow--even more confusingly, this is attached to an email with all the same content as the PDF, so it is easy to assume there's no difference between the email and the PDF... but they snuck that link in there at the bottom where you wouldn't even see it in the Gmail preview thumbnail... sneaky as hell.

IMG_1057.jpg

Do people think that Linus will actually care?

He gets money, products, or other forms of compensations for doing his reviews and also helping push that product. He already was compensated so there is no way he can go back on all of that now.

Linus won't be the magic answer here. The only answer at this point might be legally. On top of that LOTS of kickstarters take the money and run without ever releasing a functional product of even prototype. This is just the risk you take every time you back a product.

9 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Do people think that Linus will actually care?

He gets money, products, or other forms of compensations for doing his reviews and also helping push that product. He already was compensated so there is no way he can go back on all of that now.

Linus won't be the magic answer here. The only answer at this point might be legally. On top of that LOTS of kickstarters take the money and run without ever releasing a functional product of even prototype. This is just the risk you take every time you back a product.

Doesn't sound like you know him very well lol.

1 minute ago, Glenwing said:

Doesn't sound like you know him very well lol.

Sounds like you have a false sense of how streamer life works. Yes viewer opinion matters, but this is a VERY small issue compared to the scheme of things. So the odds of him going against someone he received compensation from and potentially risking future offers from other partners is rather small.

4 hours ago, AngryBeaver said:

Sounds like you have a false sense of how streamer life works. Yes viewer opinion matters, but this is a VERY small issue compared to the scheme of things. So the odds of him going against someone he received compensation from and potentially risking future offers from other partners is rather small.

First off, Linus isn't a streamer, he is a reviewer and an "influencer".

Second off, it seems like you don't understand how streamer life works, or how seriously Linus takes his role.

Linus was angry at AMD when they changed the price their GPUs after reviews came out.

Linus takes his position very seriously, and yes, he does take these problems seriously.

• 3 months later...

I hope there is an option for refund. I am attempting now and will update this forum once I find out.

On 2/22/2018 at 3:20 PM, AngryBeaver said:

Just gonna point out a name brand is sometimes worth a lot more than a single video or even a hundred videos.

Take Jordan shoes for example, the name sells itself and the Linus name sells itself too.

I have reached out to my contact there giving them 48 hours to respond to both this thread and their use of our logo and my picture on their website.

We never entered into any sort of endorsement deal with them, and the way we're being represented on their site makes it appear as though we have...

Linus

5 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

I have reached out to my contact there giving them 48 hours to respond to both this thread and their use of our logo and my picture on their website.

We never entered into any sort of endorsement deal with them, and the way we're being represented on their site makes it appear as though we have...

Linus

A bit late, but better late then never.

Good to hear.

3 minutes ago, LinusTech said:

Just saw this. Sorry.

Hey, don't worry about it.

I'm sure that you are real busy, and thank you for looking out for us.

On 21/2/2018 at 4:44 PM, jbondo777 said:

This is truly an  scam by a trio of belgian marketers

If it can be of some kind of help. On the following page you can inform the Belgian authorities about these people. They will guide you on possible further actions you can take. 

https://meldpunt.belgie.be/meldpunt/en/welcome

As an Belgian I'm truly sorry that they did that. I hope you don't hate the rest of Belgium. 

(I just stumbled on this conversation because Linus replied on it.) 

I stumbled across this topic today and took interest. when I went to the SlideNJoy website to check it out for myself, I found out that their terms and conditions page is written entirely in french.

The following is the Slide N' Joy terms and conditions as translated by Google Translate (warning it's long). I have put in bold some text in Articles 7 & 12 which may be of some interest:

Spoiler

Article 1: Preamble

The present conditions of sale are concluded, on the one hand, by the company 120 PIXELS whose registered office is at 31, Rue Moncheret - 6280 Acoz (Belgium), registered with the Crossroads Bank of Enterprises under the VAT number: BE04 79 15 01 08 hereinafter referred to as "the seller" and, on the other hand, by any natural or legal person wishing to make a purchase via the seller's website, hereinafter referred to as "the buyer".

Article 2: Purpose

The present conditions of sale aim at defining the contractual relations between the salesman and the purchaser as well as the conditions applicable to any purchase made through the site of the salesman, that the purchaser is professional or consumer. The acquisition of a good or a service through the present site implies an acceptance without reserve by the purchaser of these conditions of sale. These conditions of sale shall prevail over any other general or special conditions not expressly approved by the seller. The seller reserves the right to modify his conditions of sale at any time. In this case, the applicable conditions will be those in force on the date of the order by the buyer.

Article 3: Characteristics of goods and services offered

The products and services offered are those listed on the seller's website. The photographs are as faithful as possible but can not ensure a perfect similarity with the product offered, especially as regards the colors. These products and services are offered within the limits of available stocks. If, despite his efforts, all or part of the items are unavailable, the seller informs the buyer by e-mail as soon as possible and offers him the opportunity to choose between wait or cancel without charge the order of unavailable items. Available items will be delivered normally.

Article 4: Rates

The prices of products and services displayed on the site are indicated in euros excluding VAT. The seller reserves the right to change prices at any time. However, the prices applicable to the order are those in effect at the time of confirmation thereof. The prices quoted do not include the costs of order processing, transport and delivery provided that they take place in the geographical areas specified below.

The buyer is solely responsible for paying import duties and taxes.

Article 5: Geographical Zones

The online sale of products and services presented on the seller's website is restricted to buyers who reside anywhere in the world.

Article 6: Orders

The buyer, who wishes to buy a product or a service must obligatorily: fill the card of identification on which it will indicate all the coordinates asked for or give his number of customer if it has one; fill out the online order form giving all the references of the selected products or services; validate your order after having checked it; make the payment in the prescribed conditions; confirm your order and payment. The confirmation of the order implies acceptance of these conditions of sale, the acknowledgment of having perfect knowledge and waiver of its own conditions of purchase or other conditions.

All data provided and the recorded confirmation will be worth proof of the transaction. Confirmation will be worth signing and acceptance of transactions. The seller will communicate by e-mail confirmation of the recorded order.

Article 7: Right of withdrawal

In accordance with the law, the consumer has the right to notify the seller that he renounces his purchase, without penalty and without giving any reason, within 14 working days from the day after the day of delivery of the product or conclusion of the service contract. This right of cancellation does not belong to the professional buyer. Within this period, the consumer must notify his intention to resign by e-mail and return, at his expense and risk, the product delivered to the headquarters of 120 PIXELS: 31, Rue Moncheret - 6280 Acoz (Belgium). Products must be returned in their original packaging, undamaged, accompanied by all their accessories, the user manual and the invoice / original delivery note. Products returned must not have been unpacked, unsealed, used in any way. Goods that are incomplete, damaged, damaged or soiled by the customer will not be taken back. Within 30 days, after acceptance of the return of the goods, the seller agrees to refund the possible payment, with the exception of shipping costs. Unless otherwise agreed, the consumer may not exercise the right of cancellation for contracts: 1 ° for the supply of services the performance of which has begun with the consent of the consumer before the end of the cancellation period; (2) the supply of products made to the consumer's specifications or clearly personalized or which, by their nature, can not be re-dispatched or are likely to deteriorate or expire rapidly; (3) the supply of audio or video recording or computer software loosened by the consumer; 4 ° supply of newspapers, periodicals or magazines.

Concerning the pre-order of a product, whose amount of the deposit amounts to 20% of its purchase price, the buyer can give up this one and cancel his pre-order by also renouncing to recover the deposit, the latter being non-refundable.

Article 8: Terms of payment

Payment is by credit card, Visa or Mastercard (via Stripe). The ordered items remain our exclusive property until full payment of the order by the buyer.

Article 9: Deliveries

Deliveries are made to the address indicated on the order form which can only be in the agreed geographical area. The goods are transported at the risk of the seller until the delivery of the goods to the delivery address specified by the buyer. From this moment, the buyer assumes the risks alone. Delivery times are only indicative.

In case of pre-order, the delivery of the purchased product is made after full payment of the price of the pre-ordered product.

Article 10: Guarantee

With regard to consumers, the seller guarantees the products he sells and the services he provides in accordance with the law of 1 September 2004 on the protection of consumers in case of sale of consumer goods (articles 1649 bis to 1649 octies of the Civil Code). In case of nonconformity of a product sold found within 2 months of the delivery of the goods, the consumer must notify the seller as soon as possible in a precise manner by registered letter or electronic mail. This warranty only covers existing defects of conformity at the time of delivery of the goods. Defects or damage due to misuse, such as water damage, oxidation, falling or shock, negligence and wear, are not covered by the warranty. Similarly, repairs performed by technicians not approved by the supplier, will result in the cancellation of the warranty. The invoice or the delivery note acts as a guarantee and must be kept by the consumer and produced in original. If the product is used for non-private purposes, the limited warranty terms of the manufacturer / supplier are in effect.

Article 11: Liability

The seller, in the process of selling online, is bound only by an obligation of means; it can not be held liable for any damage resulting from the use of the Internet network such as loss of data, intrusion, viruses, break of the service, or other involuntary problems. The data on the site are also given in good faith. The proposed links to the sites of the manufacturers and / or partners are given for information purposes. The seller can not be held responsible for information from these sites.

Article 12: Intellectual Property

All elements of the seller's site are and remain the exclusive intellectual property of it. Nobody is authorized to reproduce, exploit, rebroadcast, or use for any purpose whatsoever, even partially, elements of the site that are software, visual or sound. Any simple link or hypertext is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of the seller.

Article 13: Personal data

All personal data necessary for the processing of an order are kept by the seller or his collaborators and can be transmitted to the companies with which the seller - or his suppliers - collaborate, when such communication is necessary for the processing of the order. command. The user also authorizes the seller to use this data to establish statistics in order to improve his site, the goods and the service he offers. This information may also be used to allow the dissemination, by any means of communication, of information relating to the commercial activities of the seller to his customers. The seller finally keeps personal data to facilitate subsequent orders. The seller agrees for the rest not to disclose the information he has to another company or another company. The data kept by the seller can be requested at any time and corrected on request.

Article 14: Proof

The parties accept, as part of their relations, the electronic means of proof (for example: PDF invoice, email, computer backups, ...).

Article 15: Dispute Resolution

The present conditions of sale online are subjected to the Belgian law. In case of dispute, the courts of the registered office of the seller are competent, except for binding public order provisions.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/19/2018 at 5:48 PM, LinusTech said:

Linus

Any news from them???

Linus, Why is the "The REAL Triple Monitor Laptop - Slidenjoy" video on your youtube page if you don't allow then use your image on ther slidenjoy website? I am from Brazil and I was scammed by them too! I have talked with them on their facebook page but they always talk to me that the production is going on and as soon as possible the product will be released! They are lyers!!! Is there any news from them??

slidenjoy_scam.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

This would be a great follow up video since it's been covered by LTT already...  It appears that the founders of the Slidenjoy "sold" the project to a group in China to complete the production process (and by complete I mean begin). HOWEVER! (dramatic) It also appears that the founders didn't disclose that the kickstarter backers paid the full amount of the device and gave them literally 0 info on us.

Translation: They took the money and ran and screwed the original KS backers.  Check out the Facebook scam group for more details.

I've written a mysterious Richard to see if there is any chance in hell I'm going to get the product I paid 338 euro for about 4 years ago.  I'm not hopeful.