SlideNJoy is *A SCAM* and Linus and team need to take down their review video

I just heard back from Richard, here is the full response:

Thanks for your response at this point my personal focus is to complete the final engineering and modify existing PCBA ”Mother board” sort of to make this unit thinner and prevent bugs on the user's end.

Secondary our final prototype be ready on the next Tuesday, If everything goes well then PCBA Assembly and new tooling should be ready around 75-90 days for our first production hit the market place.

Our initial tooling is focus on 15” inches only but might change next few weeks .

That's the progress as it today please continue follow my Instagram I'll keep everyone inform on weekly basis.

Regarding the payment issues we need to address hopefully we will receive funds from our partners in Belgium to honor the purchase but that out of my control .

Thanks 

Sent from my iPhone

That last sentence is what worries me.  I'm doubting the original folks have our money still.  It's been like 4 years of them traveling, marketing, etc all presumably with our original kickstarter funding.

• 1 month later...

Hello @RyLickliter,

Have you heard back from them? I really wanted the product, have been following it for a year or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you wonder where your money is, it is now in the bling-bling of this Chinese Rapper:

• 1 month later...

I have talked on Facebook with them 

They said 

"We are actually closing the first batch and will be delivering chronologically

As we are still in preorder you would defenetly receive or before WE deliver in the stores

Well we'll be delivering the stores around march. So if you ordre now as i Can see you will still be part of the first batch. Which gives us like January"

Hope it is true

16 hours ago, Blobloww said:

I have talked on Facebook with them 

They said 

"We are actually closing the first batch and will be delivering chronologically

As we are still in preorder you would defenetly receive or before WE deliver in the stores

Well we'll be delivering the stores around march. So if you ordre now as i Can see you will still be part of the first batch. Which gives us like January"

Hope it is true

March is just around the corner.  I am going to wait...  I just don't trust their word from all of the broken promises already delivered to others.

• 4 weeks later...

@LinusTech

Hey, hope you're doing fine ? It's really time for you to do something about the video you posted for Slidenjoy. We are end of December, they say that everyone will be delivered in January and there is not a single update on the KS page. Not a single backer received any survey to fill they information for the dispatch, nothing. Unless they are magicians, it's obvious that this deadline will be missed once again...

Moreover, it's interesting to add that another campaign (at least) with a similar project has been financed in July and just did its first production test batch (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/747287659/duo-the-on-the-go-dual-screen-laptop-monitor/posts/2375068). A project started 3 years after that is going to be released before SNJ...

Maybe for you, it's just a video but for a lot of backers it's a huge scam in which they lost money and during this time, the KS creators post video of them in big fancy cars paid with the backers money. I'm in a Facebook group where this problem is discussed and every week, there are few new members saying that they just pre-order the product and now fear that they have been scammed too...

If they could convince you to make a video selling their scam, maybe you could be convinced by all the backers to make another video exposing them...

Thanks ?

• 3 months later...

have you guys ever received your orders? i was looking at buying this product on their website but after reading up about these issues i'm skeptical 

hey @LinusTech, have you heard back on this issue?

They have rebuilt their website, but I have not been able to find a review of the shipping product. Btw, they still have your logo on the press section.

thank you!

• 1 month later...

Hello there, I've made an account here especially for this case. I was interested in Slidenjoy but luckily I've decided to search a bit and found many signs that this is one big scum. Can find any normal "non vip" people or their reviews about the product. Only people like Linus seems to received Slidenjoy thing to test and give positive review.

Is there any update on this whole case? On site when I contact with their support they wanna give me a "promo" code and inform that deliveries should be made around June "if i will make deposit now".

Keeping this thread alive. I just followed this as well to keep myself posted on any updates. I myself have made my deposit February of this year and would really like to get the product. Hope to hear any reliable updates soon. Thank you!

I paid them over 9 months ago for an order. Same my account was deleted. Its always the account by name of "Pamela" who responds to any chat or email with the exact same copy paste excuses of changing servers never any real answers here is example (This is same copy and pasted response I have received an have records of since at least October 2018) : 

Pamela sent this

We are currently migrating all of our loyal customer's information and log in with our new website.Once we have the latest updates from our Production Team, an email confirmation will be sent to review your order details and personal information in order to close the purchase.Together with this email confirmation, you will also receive log in credentials to link your orders, view, edit and make changes on your information.

I won't go into details of exactly what I do professionally but you can look up our company. I can tell you that for sure 6+ months of this same excuse if this is not a scam its the least professional, most incompetent and overall bad business practice I have ever seen. They should be banned from doing business within the US. At a minimum you stop taking money from people an put a notice and hold on your website until issues are resolved. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, do ANYONE here got their order shiped...? I wanted to buy one also, but now I'm scary. x.x

@LinusTech Any update?

• 2 weeks later...

I have same issue since 2017 , this is a scam .. I checked in Belgium and it is not real 

New hope for multi monitor notebooks

• 5 weeks later...

Has anyone contacted Kickstarter? If not then I will. Here is the original kickstarter page in case anyone needs it to review:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/slidenjoy/slidenjoy-double-or-triple-your-screens

In the attached screenshot is the one I pledged on. They must honor this no matter if they state "no refunds" etc...
If they do not honor this it is grounds for a class action lawsuit against both Slidenjoy and Kickstarter for not following through with the advertised deal. 

Capture.PNG

Can you elaborate on that? How do you know it isn’t real???

On 6/1/2019 at 6:41 AM, Torutlu62 said:

I have same issue since 2017 , this is a scam .. I checked in Belgium and it is not real 

On 4/2/2019 at 8:00 PM, LinusTech said:

We don't have anything concrete. 

Linus, how? Is the whole thing a fraud or are they just inept but telling the truth?? Your statement seems really vague if you had investigated the issue....

• 1 month later...

How is this looking as of August 2019? I'm assuming no one has received their product yet, nor heard any new news about the product?

I second the comment above. Seriously, we should hire a SWAT team or something and get some results. I paid around 300$ for a smile smartwatch thing like this about six years ago and they just took the money and ran. Linus has has supported others, the fanless pc case I haven't heard back from yet either. Maybe I should compile a list of all these that people get robbed from. 

Hey guys! I got a reply from Pemela on their site. 

"For the updated pricing, please click this link: https://www.yourslide.com/configurator/

We are actually closing the current batch and will be delivering chronologically. As we are still in pre-order, you would definitely receive it before we deliver in stores.

Well, we will be delivering stores around October. So if you order now, as I can see you will still be in our first batch. Which gives us like September. Otherwise, the second batch will be for the Summer.

We only request a 70EUR down payment and offer Free Shipping + limited time offer of 100€.
If you’re interested in ordering, let me know, I might have a discount code which could be cumulated"

Advanced issues found

On 8/22/2019 at 12:11 AM, Daniel_tred said:

"For the updated pricing, please click this link: https://www.yourslide.com/configurator/

We are actually closing the current batch and will be delivering chronologically. As we are still in pre-order, you would definitely receive it before we deliver in stores.

Well, we will be delivering stores around October. So if you order now, as I can see you will still be in our first batch. Which gives us like September. Otherwise, the second batch will be for the Summer.

We only request a 70EUR down payment and offer Free Shipping + limited time offer of 100€.
If you’re interested in ordering, let me know, I might have a discount code which could be cumulated"

I'll wait till people actually start receiving the product and then if there are good reviews on it I'll then take the time to purchase it and patiently wait. It's been about five years since the announcement and people still haven't received it. I'm going to play it safe with this company for sure! Thank you for the response though for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats all fake. They say that every year. Longest living scam ever. Filed a report with the FTC. Its very simple https://ftc.gov/complaint . Please report them as much as possible. Tried to find Belgium National police online report but was no english translation and interpol does not handle unless direct from the National police. 

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:11 AM, Daniel_tred said:

So they actually continue taking money from people by sending +- the same reply they did for years now? How are they still not locked up I'm quite surprised.