Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GTX 970 OC Problem

Go to solution Solved by Jessekiller101,

try on stock voltage and put power limit to its max. then try a little lower core/memory oc and see if that helps. 

Hello.

I've got a little problem with my MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB overclock.

About a year ago I used to run this card with these setting on MSI Afterburner:

Core Voltage: +0mV

Power Limit: 110%

Core Clock: +167MHz

Mem Clock: +500Mhz

And I had absolutely no problems, no crashes/spikes in GPU usages or anything..

I passed about 8 benchmarks out of 10 with Unigine Valley with +0mV Core Voltage, GPU usage didn't drop down a single bit, nor saw any artifacts.

But unfortunately at the moment I even have problems with stability when I bump my Core Voltage upto +89mV. (With the same Core and Mem clock)

I've yet tested only FortNite gameplay and with overclock on gpu usage spikes from 99% to 0% and crashes game. Also PerfCap Reason sometimes shows up "Pwr", though MSI Afterburner states that GPU is not hitting Power limit (Which is set to 110%, it's between 95-108%)

Would my only option be to lower Mem/Core Clock?

I'd appreciate some help. Cheers

|| i7-4790k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Corsair RM650i 80+ Gold | Corsair 200R ||

try on stock voltage and put power limit to its max. then try a little lower core/memory oc and see if that helps. 

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 5:42 PM, Popi said:

I've got a little problem with my MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB overclock.

About a year ago I used to run this card with these setting on MSI Afterburner:

Core Voltage: +0mV

Power Limit: 110%

Core Clock: +167MHz

Mem Clock: +500Mhz

I have the same card in my pc, if it already overclocked there's no need to clock it even more.

Thunder87

CPU: intel i5-4690k overclocked 4.2ghz MOBO: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2  RAM: 16Gb of DDR3 Hyper-x Fury GPU: 2 x MSI Geforce GTX 970 O.C. (S.L.I. connected) CASE: AnTec 1200 Case STGE: SSD 350Gb, Green HHD 1TB PSU: Corsair |TX650|, DSP: ASUS 24" Wide Screen Monitor and Samsung 22" WATERBLOCK: Corsair H80i KBD: Corsair K30 MOUSE: R.A.T 3 SPKR: LogiTech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers Z506, Corsair 7.1 Surround Headphones Wireless OS: Windows 10 Professional

2 hours ago, Thunder87 said:

I have the same card in my pc, if it already overclocked there's no need to clock it even more.

I'm not overclocking it further. I did not run that overclock for some time.. And then when I got back to running that overclock, it was not stable anymore..

I did not really understood you, you might've meant that there is no point of overclocking your card further because it came from MSI with a slight overclock.. I'd let everyone decide by themselves whether it's beneficial/needed or not.. 

|| i7-4790k | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB | MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Corsair RM650i 80+ Gold | Corsair 200R ||

19 minutes ago, Popi said:

I'm not overclocking it further. I did not run that overclock for some time.. And then when I got back to running that overclock, it was not stable anymore..

I did not really understood you, you might've meant that there is no point of overclocking your card further because it came from MSI with a slight overclock.. I'd let everyone decide by themselves whether it's beneficial/needed or not.. 

That pretty much what I meant.

Thunder87

CPU: intel i5-4690k overclocked 4.2ghz MOBO: ASUS Z97 Sabertooth Mark 2  RAM: 16Gb of DDR3 Hyper-x Fury GPU: 2 x MSI Geforce GTX 970 O.C. (S.L.I. connected) CASE: AnTec 1200 Case STGE: SSD 350Gb, Green HHD 1TB PSU: Corsair |TX650|, DSP: ASUS 24" Wide Screen Monitor and Samsung 22" WATERBLOCK: Corsair H80i KBD: Corsair K30 MOUSE: R.A.T 3 SPKR: LogiTech 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers Z506, Corsair 7.1 Surround Headphones Wireless OS: Windows 10 Professional