Who Would Of Known Linus Is A Millionaire

TiresomeToe933

I agree

but its not about dumping the companies money into that shit

If Lman was smart he'd be running a secret mining operation with all the gpu's he's got!

Also I calculated that his business condo would have been sold to him at $650K-$1M depending on the square footage.

2 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I agree

If Lman was smart he'd be running a secret mining operation with all the gpu's he's got!

"secret"

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I think everyone. His net worth would largely be based on the worth of the company. Which I guarantee is worth more than $1.5m. It doesn't mean he personally has millions in cash sitting around, though I'm sure Linus Media Group's cash reserves are very healthy.

He can dump money into things like you said, because he will generate a return on investment - quadros speed up his production workflow, and most other things he can make a video, which is sponsored and ad-supported so will make make back the purchase cost of most items.

The best he could do is keep the money within LMG, and milk the tax code for everything its worth!

Which on one hand is at the very top end of a tax bracket, for himself, his wife and any family or close buddies he has, plus his offspring. For one, his child has been viewed in a few video's. Well taxman that aint free bud ;) maybe a consulatation fee for the child ;) Maybe give them points on the vid!!!!

Invest a big chunk of the rest under the company name.

I don't think you can just multiply the views he gets by the CPM and determine his net worth. LTT has to pay dozens of employees, and rent the space that they are currently in. That being said, I don't think Linus is strapped for cash, despite what his choices in vehicles may tell you.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Just as how up to date the information provided by OP's link? The website says he has 3.2 million+ subs, at the moment he has 5.3 million subs.

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

You know it's a fact because they list his height.

12 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

despite what his choices in vehicles may tell you.

He does that for a reason you know.

11 minutes ago, hey_yo_ said:

Just as how up to date the information provided by OP's link? The website says he has 3.2 million+ subs, at the moment he has 5.3 million subs.

Then just multiply the earnings appropriately. 1.65 times whatever $ the article gives!

I doubt he rents the warehouse, I bet its bought but thats easy to figure out, just go to the registry and pull the title, might even be free for BC, but its $20 in AB. I know BC Justice has an online database for criminals and court.

https://ltsa.ca/property-information/search-title

35 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

I agree

Also I calculated that his business condo would have been sold to him at $650K-$1M depending on the square footage.

good point.....

Look at the number of employees LMG has.  Yearly salary alone has gotta be approaching a million, plus the space and equipment.  I would agree, probably worth more than 1.5M.  Good for him, it looks like he genuinely cares for his employees and is legitimately a pioneer in providing daily content.  May his success continue!

The calculation is for the business, not for Linus himself. I'd imagine he pays himself a healthy salary, and his net worth might be over a million when you account for property holdings, but I wouldn't really say he's a millionaire.

56 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

I don't think you can just multiply the views he gets by the CPM and determine his net worth. LTT has to pay dozens of employees, and rent the space that they are currently in. That being said, I don't think Linus is strapped for cash, despite what his choices in vehicles may tell you.

Agreed. Vehicles mean nothing when it comes to wealth.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

4 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Agreed. Vehicles mean nothing when it comes to wealth.

I have a modded Peugeot 407 and I’m still poor due to me pouring money into expensive parts :/ 

He owns a successful business, i'm surprised it's that low actually.

1.5 million isn't that large when it comes to businesses.

ITT: People who believe that a website, without any internal financial documents or expert forensic accountants, can magically calculate the net worth of a company or an individual, simply by looking at that company's website.

I mean, why do we even HAVE government tax agencies when some website can do all the math with MAGIC?

Yeah but he's a cool millionaire, like Elon Musk, except Linus didn't sent his car to Mars but whatever, still a great guy

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

23 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

He owns a successful business, i'm surprised it's that low actually.

1.5 million isn't that large when it comes to businesses.

anything over 1k is a lot to me, I'm only 13...... heck id die for 100

9 minutes ago, valdyrgramr said:

He is not a millionaire lol.  A net-worth =/= actual income nor what you have in the bank.  It's what you could have if you liquidated everything you own.

oops.. eh the point is that he has a lot of cash. remember in one of the WAN Shows (the one where they discuss that NCIX went bankrupt) that Linus said that Linus Media Group is worth a lot of cash????

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

He is not a millionaire lol.  A net-worth =/= actual income nor what you have in the bank.  It's what you could have if you liquidated everything you own.

4 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

He doesn't have a lot of cash.  If he were to turn his assets into cash then he would aka liquidating.

You dont know nuffin!!!!!!!!!

What in the world is this article? I'm going to take this arbitrary number that may be correct, add it to this arbitrary number, multiply it by this because that might make sense. Boom, this is his Net Worth... there is SO much speculation in that article it's ridiculous.

I hope he does well financially, my thoughts and prayers are always wit..... wait... this isn't right..

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

@LinusTech Hit me up with that sweet cash.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

For me it certainly wasn't a mystery, come on he lives in a million dollar house and runs a company which employs 20+ people and can invest 250k+ in new camera equipment and HDDs, I certainly wouldn't do that my company wasn't worth over a million dollars that's for sure