EKWB Asus M9H on Maximus X Hero

I just recently upgraded my entire system. I have a custom watercooled loop with all EKWB equipment.

Asus Maximus X Hero w/ i7-8700k cooled by EKWB Asus M9H Monoblock

EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 cooled by EKWB Full block

EKWB Slim 360 and 240 rad

EKWB D5 combo pump/res

When I first powered on the system today, I noticed where the CPU temp is higher than I expected. Under synthetic loads (prime95), I'm getting temps of approx 80C. I let this run for approx 30 min to make sure that the temps equalized. I have the 1080ti in the same loop that doesn't get above 45C when put under heaven benchmark.

Loop goes from Pump-GPU-CPU-Rad-Rad. I know that loop order doesn't have much to do with it, but I figure I would put it in there. I've already torn everything down, made sure that the block was making good contact with the CPU. Had full coverage with the thermal paste over the entire lid.

Can anybody provide me with any suggestions or assistance with determining why my temps are so high? 

Please don't mention anything about delidding. I WILL NOT even attempt it, so it's not even worth mentioning it.

10 minutes ago, Swisscheeze said:

EKWB Slim 360 and 240 rad

Found your problem, these are more or less the lowest performinf rads on the market.

11 minutes ago, Swisscheeze said:

I have the 1080ti in the same loop that doesn't get above 45C when put under heaven benchmark.

First off, heaven is nothing like p95, use furmark for heat testing.  Second, gpus watercool much better than cpus due to the size of the die.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Well those were the only rads that I can use in my case and still have everything fit.

Did a BIOS update and looks like it's dropped about 10C. Now hovering around 70C when running Prime95. Still seems a little high for me, but i'm no expert by any means with watercooling. This was my first attempt on watercooling in a very long time.