Is Minecraft Tekkit never going to reborn?

Hello everyone!  

While I was growing up Minecraft was blooming up like nothing before, and one day I got to school and my friend told me about this brand new mod where you could build nuclear reactors or major factories! Everyone knows what minecraft is, go around gathering blocks to improve your chances of survival, and when you get to that point you can kill end dragon or build amazing structures. Usually people just kill some poor villagers, burning up their houses and leaves the game for a few months. But this mod was something new and so great i played for days on. Then i got griefed and now 5 years later im feeling nostalgic about it. Now seeing this mod dead I just cant feel sorry enough, it really was a good mod. 

Did you ever find or played Tekkit in it glory days? Are you still playing? Any recommendations for servers? Anyone that knows Java intrested in updating the mod to the latest patch? 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

I used to play tekkit, the official one is dead but there are lots of revamps of it made my fans that are approved by the original creator and by others.

⬇ - PC specs down below - ⬇

The Impossibox

CPU: (x2) Xeon X5690 12c/24t (6c/12t per cpu)

Motherboard: EVGA Super Record 2 (SR-2)

RAM: 48Gb (12x4gb) server DDR3 ECC

GPU: MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB

Case: Modded Lian-LI PC-08

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500Gb and a 2Tb HDD

PSU: 1000W something or other I forget

Display(s): 24" Acer G246HL

Cooling: (x2) Corsair H100i v2

Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K70 LUX RGB MX Browns

Mouse: Logitech G600

Headphones: Sennheiser HD558

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

Folding info so I don't lose it: 

WhisperingKnickers

Join us on the x58 page it is awesome!

x58 Fan Page

1 minute ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

I used to play tekkit, the official one is dead but there are lots of revamps of it made my fans that are approved by the original creator and by others.

What are those mods known as? :)

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

Tekkit is also what got me started to into modded Minecraft. First thing to understand, Tekkit is not a mod, it's a pack with a collection of mods. And lucky for you, there have been many updated version of the pack (just search tekkit reborn on google). Enjoy :)

Yup, there are tons of "newer" versions of tekkit. I play minecraft once every 2 years or so and i'm currently playing skyfactory 3, which is basically tekkit but a lot more interesting considering you have to build reactors and grow chickens (lol) and mystical agriculture to "win the game" and it all comes from just 1 tree.

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

2 minutes ago, Avve1000 said:

What are those mods known as? :)

This is the one I used most recently, it is a little different due to some of the original mods being discontinued but it has almost all the main ones

https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/tcr-classic-reborn.674727

Edit: you will need the technic launcher but it is ezpz to use, be sure to change how much ram it can have, the default is like 1gb for some reason

The Impossibox

WhisperingKnickers

x58 Fan Page

23 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

This is the one I used most recently, it is a little different due to some of the original mods being discontinued but it has almost all the main ones

https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/tcr-classic-reborn.674727

How are the servers? Are there any recommendations for servers? 
For some reason I cant install the mod? Its says:

Errorwhat.png

Edit: you will need the technic launcher but it is ezpz to use, be sure to change how much ram it can have, the default is like 1gb for some reason

Got it set up on 16gb :) 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

13 minutes ago, kwestionmark said:

Tekkit is also what got me started to into modded Minecraft. First thing to understand, Tekkit is not a mod, it's a pack with a collection of mods. And lucky for you, there have been many updated version of the pack (just search tekkit reborn on google). Enjoy :)

Yeah you are right but when i think of a mod then I think of a modpack then ofcourse there are induviduall mods aswell :)

14 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

Yup, there are tons of "newer" versions of tekkit. I play minecraft once every 2 years or so and i'm currently playing skyfactory 3, which is basically tekkit but a lot more interesting considering you have to build reactors and grow chickens (lol) and mystical agriculture to "win the game" and it all comes from just 1 tree.

Intresting concept! Skyblock is when you live on a little block/platform and is going to survive there. Is skyfactory the same but with factories? :o

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

20 minutes ago, Avve1000 said:

How are the servers? Are there any recommendations for servers? 
For some reason I cant install the mod? Its says:

Errorwhat.png

Got it set up on 16gb :) 

take the link they give you and  ctrl+v it into the search bar in your launcher, it will take you straight to a page  within the launcher where you can install it

The Impossibox

WhisperingKnickers

x58 Fan Page

19 minutes ago, Avve1000 said:

Yeah you are right but when i think of a mod then I think of a modpack then ofcourse there are induviduall mods aswell :)

Intresting concept! Skyblock is when you live on a little block/platform and is going to survive there. Is skyfactory the same but with factories? :o

Skyfactory basically has nothing to do with factories. It's a ton of mods (computers, chickens, draconic armor, mystical agriculture, big reactors etc etc etc) in a modpack and you start with an empty world and only a single tree. You then need to produce all of the resources from that once tree. I guess it's a bit like skyblock

2 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

take the link they give you and  ctrl+v it into the search bar in your launcher, it will take you straight to a page  within the launcher where you can install it

I tried first typing Tekkit reborn and now copy paste. still same error :/

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

1 minute ago, Thunderzzu said:

Skyfactory basically has nothing to do with factories. It's a ton of mods (computers, chickens, draconic armor, mystical agriculture, big reactors etc etc etc) in a modpack and you start with an empty world and only a single tree. You then need to produce all of the resources from that once tree. I guess it's a bit like skyblock

Ill try it out! can you play with other people or is it limited to singleplayer? 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

1 minute ago, Avve1000 said:

I tried first typing Tekkit reborn and now copy paste. still same error :/

This might be the same link but copy and paste the link below into the "Add a pack" space in the launcher

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/tcr-classic-reborn

If it still doesnt work you could try a similar mod:

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/tekkit

The Impossibox

WhisperingKnickers

x58 Fan Page

Just now, Avve1000 said:

Ill try it out! can you play with other people or is it limited to singleplayer? 

Yeah, its probably meant to be played via multiplayer, as the process of converting one tree to EVERYTHING takes a bit of time (not THAT long but still, it gets boring if you're alone, because you have to sieve gravel and sand to get metals and cobble until you can build a cobblestone generator)

6 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

Yeah, its probably meant to be played via multiplayer, as the process of converting one tree to EVERYTHING takes a bit of time (not THAT long but still, it gets boring if you're alone, because you have to sieve gravel and sand to get metals and cobble until you can build a cobblestone generator)

ah man, thats painful :/

7 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

This might be the same link but copy and paste the link below into the "Add a pack" space in the launcher

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/tcr-classic-reborn

If it still doesnt work you could try a similar mod:

http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/tekkit

same error code :/ Whats this TCR 2.0? and where can I get my hands on it, cant find it in the launcher? 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

same error code :/ Whats this TRC 2.0? and where can I get my hands on it, cant find it in the launcher? 

I'm not sure what TRC is where are you seeing that?

The Impossibox

WhisperingKnickers

x58 Fan Page

same error code :/ Whats this TCR 2.0? and where can I get my hands on it, cant find it in the launcher? 

Nah, it's a great modpack. Haven't enjoyed one as much since i've played tekkit for the first time. Totally worth checking out! I'd recommend watching people play it first just so you get a rough idea on what to do - theres a TONNNN of items that can get you to the same thing but some can be very easy, others very hard. 

6 minutes ago, WhisperingKnickers said:

I'm not sure what TRC is where are you seeing that?

On the "Latest Updates" page it says that the official servers a taken down for 2.0

Errorwhat.png.1db394a46d6d4b28a989d902595ddace.png

Then they link this https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/tcr-20.930507  

5 minutes ago, Thunderzzu said:

Nah, it's a great modpack. Haven't enjoyed one as much since i've played tekkit for the first time. Totally worth checking out! I'd recommend watching people play it first just so you get a rough idea on what to do - theres a TONNNN of items that can get you to the same thing but some can be very easy, others very hard. 

Ill definitely check it out! Where do you launch it from? Are you playing on singleplayer or with friends on multi? :) 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

4 minutes ago, Avve1000 said:

Ill definitely check it out! Where do you launch it from? Are you playing on singleplayer or with friends on multi? :) 

I'm playing both as we only play together in the evenings and i sometimes also play in the afternoon so i have both a solo world and a multiplayer world in progress. I'm currently launching it from the Twitch client, which somehow has minecraft integrated in it and you can add modpacks there (don't ask how and why, i don't know what happened to the good old launchers :D)

edit: here's the link https://authors.curseforge.com/knowledge-base/minecraft/2755-installing-a-modpack-from-twitch-app

I'm playing both as we only play together in the evenings and i sometimes also play in the afternoon so i have both a solo world and a multiplayer world in progress. I'm currently launching it from the Twitch client, which somehow has minecraft integrated in it and you can add modpacks there (don't ask how and why, i don't know what happened to the good old launchers :D)

They had some nice launchers, all of them needed some design work ofcourse. Well you gotta be happy about the small updates they do implement, feels like theres no updates at all anymore. Dead game? 

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

2 minutes ago, Avve1000 said:

They had some nice launchers, all of them needed some design work ofcourse. Well you gotta be happy about the small updates they do implement, feels like theres no updates at all anymore. Dead game? 

Welllll most of their modpacks tend to receive updates in a slow pace (you can see them here https://www.curseforge.com/members/FTB/projects?filter-project-status= ) So i'm not sure whether this should be called a dead game. 

Welllll most of their modpacks tend to receive updates in a slow pace (you can see them here https://www.curseforge.com/members/FTB/projects?filter-project-status= ) So i'm not sure whether this should be called a dead game. 

But Tekkit died? Are there anyone still playing "Attack of the b-team"? Hexxit? I mean it seems like FTB is the soul survivor?

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

But Tekkit died? Are there anyone still playing "Attack of the b-team"? Hexxit? I mean it seems like FTB is the soul survivor?

I mean it's not dead, it's just reborn with development from 3rd party teams :D

1 minute ago, Thunderzzu said:

I mean it's not dead, it's just reborn with development from 3rd party teams :D

I wish I had my own Tekkit server, man id learn Java only to mod it and add new intresting mechanics ^_^

//Thanks

Avve1000
Setup in Profile!

I wish I had my own Tekkit server, man id learn Java only to mod it and add new intresting mechanics ^_^

It's not hard or expensive - I'm hosting mine on a VPS with 4 core Xeon's, 12GB of ram and 300GB of SSD space for 8€/month. Also have a bunch of other stuff on it but skyfactory3 server is also on it :P. Also, there are so many mods out there you almost don't need to create your own, you just need to understand what some of them do to modify them accordingly. Either way, most servers need only anti-grief for them to be playable :D