Any Good 144Hz Panels for Gaming AND Video Editing?

VG Docs

Most of the 144 Hz panels I see are marketed towards gamers, which makes sense of course but I'll often times see reviews where they also mention things like poor color accuracy. I don't actually know all that much about monitors themselves but as someone who video edits, I do pay attention to things like the levels and saturation for precise tuning. Are there any good 144 Hz panels that would also be good to edit with, hopefully one that doesn't break the bank?

Should I just go with a cheap 144Hz panel and get a separate monitor for video editing instead?

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

2 minutes ago, Glenwing said:

There are a few 144+ Hz IPS monitors like the MG279Q, but they are expensive. For cheaper options a VA panel like the C24FG73 are also pretty good, but they mostly all from Samsung, and they are really into curved monitors right now.

Thanks for the response. I looked up both monitors. MG279Q will definitely be a consideration for me but that C24FG73 also looks really interesting. Do you by chance know whether curved would be noticeably worse for editing or not?

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Just now, Trogdor8freebird said:

Thanks for the response. I looked up both monitors. MG279Q will definitely be a consideration for me but that C24FG73 also looks really interesting. Do you by chance know whether curved would be noticeably worse for editing or not?

I have no idea unfortunately, I've never used a curved monitor personally.

Just now, Glenwing said:

I have no idea unfortunately, I've never used a curved monitor personally.

Okay, well thanks for your help anyway. :)

Depends on how curve the monitor is. There is actually curve standard. I have seen one personally but only for movie watching and did not get that immersed experience that are commonly advertised. Unless it is cheaper I would consider it else curved are kinda waste unless you got hella cash.

SPECS: Intel Core i5-4460 // PowerColor Red Dragon RX 480 4GB // 1x8GB DDR3 RAM // Delta 500AB-6A PSU // HyperX Cloud Stinger / Logitech G710+ / Logitech G502 / Xbox One Halo Guardian controller // LG 24M45H 1080p // 

How to cope with depression

Spoiler free review of Life is Strange (Video Game)

26 minutes ago, Trogdor8freebird said:

Most of the 144 Hz panels I see are marketed towards gamers, which makes sense of course but I'll often times see reviews where they also mention things like poor color accuracy. I don't actually know all that much about monitors themselves but as someone who video edits, I do pay attention to things like the levels and saturation for precise tuning. Are there any good 144 Hz panels that would also be good to edit with, hopefully one that doesn't break the bank?

Should I just go with a cheap 144Hz panel and get a separate monitor for video editing instead?

ASUS MG279Q for AMD

ASUS PG279Q for Nvidia

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Just get a cheap IPS or AHVA 144 hz monitor, like Linus reviewed a $300 one not too long ago 1440p too.

5820k4Ghz/16GB(4x4)DDR4/MSI X99 SLI+/Corsair H105/R9 Fury X/Corsair RM1000i/128GB SM951/512GB 850Evo/1+2TB Seagate Barracudas