High pitch noise when RGB elements are turned on

Nicolai

Here's my symptoms:

- if RGB is enabled on RAM and my LED strip, there is a very high pitched noise coming from the RAM area (tested with a toilet paper roll and listened).

- If set to breathing effects, the noise comes on with the lights, and goes off without them.

- If I disable lights on the RAM, but keep the LED light on, the noise goes away. If I disable the lights on the LED but keep the lights on the RAM, the noise is quieter.

- When the RGB elements have been off for awhile, the noise can pick up and start, then go away, then start, but activating the LED's makes it's instantly worse.

I tried another RGB header on the motherboard too without success.

Asus Maximus X Hero

Corsair RM750x

8x4 Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3000mhz

Kraken x62

No mechanical HDD's

My RAM was also set to 1.5V in UEFI, I changed it to 1.35 which didn't help.

To me, this sounds like a cross-talking-related issue. Not quite sure, though...

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

I'm using Aura to control both. Should probably try Corsair Link?

3 minutes ago, Nicolai said:

I'm using Aura to control both. Should probably try Corsair Link?

By cross-talk I mean something like coil whine, but in a different way...(Sorry, I'm a noob when it comes to these things :/ ) Also, I think it's called EMI; oops

Make sure to tag and/or quote people so they get notified... :P:D 

My gear:

Ryzen 7 2700X / Gigabyte GA-X370M-Gaming 3 / R9 380 Nitro 4GB/ 16GB DDR4 2133 / 225GB OCZ Trion 100 / 3TB of hard drive storage
                                                                                                     AOC C24G1 / BenQ GW2270H(rarely overclocked to 87Hz :P )
                                                                               Razer Blackwidow / Redragon Kumara / Logitech G Pro Wiress / Sennheiser HD 559

Microsoft LifeCam Studio / Tonor BM700 microphone

Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 / Canon EOS 80D

#PCMasterrace

Looks like if I take the LED strip OUTSIDE of the case, the noise stops. It's magnetic. Is this the problem?