Anywhere like Freegeek?

StillOnH81

So, I live in Dublin, and would like to get a few more used laptops, because as much as I love my Vostro 1510, I want something with a working battery for school. That and I just want more stuff to play with. Ideally, I would like somewhere such as freegeek, but I dont think I'll find that. At the moment, I dig crap out of a blue battery bin behind my school. Mostly junk, such as a ThinkPad 390 and a Latitude D505 (my last laptop). Anybody got any ideas?

9 hours ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Have you checked out this guide by @CUDA_Cores?

It seems pretty good, but most city dumps/junkyards either don't allow you to take anything, or don't take any of these items.

2 minutes ago, StillOnH81 said:

It seems pretty good, but most city dumps/junkyards either don't allow you to take anything, or don't take any of these items.

Well you'll never really know unless you call or go to them and ask/

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

14 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Well you'll never really know unless you call or go to them and ask/

This. 

Where I live, the recycle centers pride themselves on being able to sell back items that are dropped off for next to nothing. I found an i7-4790k with a 770 being sold for $35. A little TLC with a new motherboard and cleaning off the 770, it was working and I ended up reselling it for $500. You never know what you'll find. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."