Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dell Alienware AW2518HF 240hz

any thoughts on the the Dell alienware AW2518HF 240hz im intrested in 240hz and its the cheapest one around

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Bob the Bob said:

alienware

12 minutes ago, Bob the Bob said:

cheapest

*mindblown*

 

In all seriousness, I would avoid it. Alienware isn't known to have good quality products.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

*mindblown*

 

In all seriousness, I would avoid it. Alienware isn't known to have good quality products.

 

what about AOC AG251FZ their both at 350  even though the stand is ugly

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bob the Bob said:

what about AOC AG251FZ their both at 350  even though the stand is ugly

Probably better than Alienware.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Bob the Bob said:

any thoughts on the the Dell alienware AW2518HF 240hz im intrested in 240hz and its the cheapest one around

 

12 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

*mindblown*

 

In all seriousness, I would avoid it. Alienware isn't known to have good quality products.

 

Isn't it more likely that they just slapped the logo on an existing monitor?

 

The monitor is going to be fine most likely, but what's your CPU/GPU and why do you need a 240hz display?

https://www.144hzmonitors.com/reviews/dell-alienware-aw2518hf-review/

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

 

Isn't it more likely that they just slapped the logo on an existing monitor?

 

The monitor is going to be fine most likely, but what's your CPU/GPU and why do you need a 240hz display?

https://www.144hzmonitors.com/reviews/dell-alienware-aw2518hf-review/

thought of getting one since i moslty play cs:go rb6 and fortnite and i can hit 240 fps on all those games  and future proof i guess

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob the Bob said:

thought of getting one since i moslty play cs:go rb6 and fortnite and i can hit 240 fps on all those games  and future proof i guess

Unless you're getting paid to play those games professionally I'd probably suggest a 1440p 144hz IPS display instead, the IPS panel will be better for daily use

are you in the US? If so the 1440p IPS displays are like $399

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Unless you're getting paid to play those games professionally I'd probably suggest a 1440p 144hz IPS display instead, the IPS panel will be better for daily use

are you in the US? If so the 1440p IPS displays are like $399

nop europe and i dont rly care about colour accuracy to be honest plus i prefer 24" monitors since im kinda closed to it

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bob the Bob said:

nop europe and i dont rly care about colour accuracy to be honest plus i prefer 24" monitors since im kinda closed to it

Then ya probably just get one or the other, check reviews for both

 

IPS is really more about the viewing angles, the better color is a nice bonus

 

more than likely though a cheap 144hz TN display is going to be fine

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...
 

Spoiler

 

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

 

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

 

What games or other software do you need to run?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then ya probably just get one or the other, check reviews for both

 

IPS is really more about the viewing angles, the better color is a nice bonus

 

more than likely though a cheap 144hz TN display is going to be fine

i guess

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×