Motherboard Drivers, Up-To-Date Or Not?

Go to solution Solved by themctipers,

motherboard drivers: only really needed when using windows 7 and even 8 to an extent

it's basically a regular driver you'll download for your specific chipset of something

like, the motherboard driver for bluetooth would be the same as the driver for the bluetooth chip itself usually.

if windows default substitute works.. then it ain't broke and so don't fix it.

I got to thinking & started wondering if my MSI B350M Gaming Pro Motherboard's drivers are up-to-date or not. I've had audio & some network issues off & on but just assumed they were to related to Windows 10 & my ISP. I'm not even sure how to check if my: Ethernet, Audio, Chipset or Raid (even though I'll never use raid) drivers are current. On the support page for my board there's only 1 set available for each, which implies there hasn't been an update to them. Although the release dates are well after the older, more stable BIOS I'm running so I'm very confused.

1: Are those drivers usually included in new BIOS's?

2: How do I check what my current Ethernet, Audio, Chipset & Raid driver versions are?

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3

motherboard drivers: only really needed when using windows 7 and even 8 to an extent

it's basically a regular driver you'll download for your specific chipset of something

like, the motherboard driver for bluetooth would be the same as the driver for the bluetooth chip itself usually.

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

7 minutes ago, themctipers said:

Oh okay I wasn't sure if Win 10 was handling it for me or not. In that case I just won't worry about it unless the issues I had re-arise to a more severe degree.

Thank you!

Ryzen 5 1500X @ 3.9GHz On 1.3625V | MSI B350M Gaming Pro | 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 3200MHz | 3GB MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 2063MHz Core 9408MHz Mem | EVGA G2 550W | 250GB Samsung 850 EVO | Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1903 (Build 18362.295) | MasterCase Pro 3