Best time to kill Hitler?

Tog Driver

I might regret this but here goes. . .     for some reason I was thinking about killing Hitler, you know how it's said that if you got a time machine you have to kill Hitler? I got to thinking, what would be the best time? during World War One when Hitler was a solder? one well placed artillery shell and no more Hitler, no questions asked, what about when he already had come to power? if you kill their leader Nazi Germany might get mad and use him as a Martyr? Please say your thoughts and logic behind them, come to think of it this might be against some kind of conduct rule on the forum. . .

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

People place a lot of blame on Hitler. It was a culmination of a lot of bad apples. Hitler himself wasn't the cause for WW2, nor the holocaust, both tragedies were caused directly by the Riech itself. (and WW2 for the treaty of versailles, although I don't claim to be an expert)

With that cleared up, I'm not sure this topic is very appropriate.

See, the problem with killing Hitler while he was a soldier is that it probably wouldn't have stopped the Nazi party from rising to power.

Hitler was more a symptom of the problem rather than the root thereof. 

The same can be said about having him killed while he was in power. 

It's very likely that he would have been turned into a martyr, and there was plently of like-minded people that were more than capable of taking his place. 

Honestly, I find it hard to imagine a scenario where the untimely death of Hitler would have had any major positive impact on world history.

The death he suffered seems more than appropriate. Dead by his own hand and paraded around by the Soviet warmachine, just to be left in a ditch somewhere in Eastern Europe.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

April 30th, 1945.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

People place a lot of blame on Hitler. It was a culmination of a lot of bad apples. Hitler himself wasn't the cause for WW2, nor the holocaust, both tragedies were caused directly by the Riech itself. (and WW2 for the treaty of versailles, although I don't claim to be an expert)

With that cleared up, I'm not sure this topic is very appropriate.

hmm, I'm no historian but I thought it was largely Hitlers fault. . .     Guess I have something to research next time I'm bored, I know there were a lot of like minded people but I figured that it was just all of Hitler's propaganda and what not that just made them believe what Hitler thought. . .

This is largely what brought on this thread:

kill_hitler.png

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

April 30th, 1945.

kind of a waste of a Time Machine to kill Hitler moments before he kills himself. . .

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The way I see it. You kill one another will take it's place. With how Germany was treated after WWI and it's economic condition I don't doubt another angry voice would rise to prominence. Will this person be better or worse than Hitler? Who knows. 

On another note. If you killed Hitler do you think time or the universe will simply rewrite history so that someone not hitler becomes "hitler"?

4 minutes ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

kind of a waste of a Time Machine to kill Hitler moments before he kills himself. . .

Any earlier, and someone else takes his place. Hitler killed himself, supposedly, after it becomes clear to every Nazi official that Germany cannot win WW2.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

April 30th, 1945.

although thanks for giving an actual answer to my question as apposed to these others who just want to kill my fun :(

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

All of the above is true, up until the point where many in the German military were tired of the situation.  If he had died during one of the assassination attempts, then there would have been a possibility of earlier piece.  The war wouldn't have been avoided, but the death count could have been reduced a bit.

(Of course, that's assuming those orchestrating the coups would have been successful in convincing everyone else...)

5 minutes ago, RotoCoreOne said:

The way I see it. You kill one another will take it's place. With how Germany was treated after WWI and it's economic condition I don't doubt another angry voice would rise to prominence. Will this person be better or worse than Hitler? Who knows. 

On another note. If you killed Hitler do you think time or the universe will simply rewrite history so that someone not hitler becomes "hitler"?

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Any earlier, and someone else takes his place. Hitler killed himself, supposedly, after it becomes clear to every Nazi official that Germany cannot win WW2.

I did think of this, it is possible that someone even worse then Hitler would get to power, and if I have this correctly Hitler made some stupid decisions (attacking the Soviet Union thus bringing them into the war against Nazi Germany) maybe his replacement wouldn't have made bad decisions. . .

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

3 minutes ago, Blasteque said:

All of the above is true, up until the point where many in the German military were tired of the situation.  If he had died during one of the assassination attempts, then there would have been a possibility of earlier piece.  The war wouldn't have been avoided, but the death count could have been reduced a bit.

(Of course, that's assuming those orchestrating the coups would have been successful in convincing everyone else...)

this was kind of the point of the thread, WHEN would be the best time to kill Hilter? to early and someone else takes his place, to late nothing really changes. . .

Spoiler

the fact that your profile picture is The Hindenburg makes me feel like your presence in this thread is somehow fitting. . .

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

Go back and shank him up nicely before he hits the Landsberg jail doing a nickel bit, getting out in less then 1 year. Rising to popularity for the bit, and gaining popularity with his book Mein Komph.

Or would is it be better to kill him as a newborn baby.

I find it intriguing the tv shows on Hitler, how his body double took the hit, and the real one escaped to South America. A real possibility. As the Russians kept the body all shrouded in mystery. Near the end, he was shaking badly due to all the drugs his doctor was pumping into him. Horse tranquelizers and dozens of other drugs. He was a junkie! And near the end, was delisuional

2 minutes ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

I did think of this, it is possible that someone even worse then Hitler would get to power, and if I have this correctly Hitler made some stupid decisions (attacking the Soviet Union thus bringing them into the war against Nazi Germany) maybe his replacement wouldn't have made bad decisions. . .

I also remember watching some documentaries that Germany's command structure was pretty fucked in that every decision had to go through Hitler himself or something along those lines. Terrible communication basicly.

1 minute ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

this was kind of the point of the thread, WHEN would be the best time to kill Hilter? to early and someone else takes his place, to late nothing really changes. . .

July 20, 1944.  That's not the only date, but at least at that time we know there were high level officials in the Reich that wanted the war to end.

7 minutes ago, RotoCoreOne said:

I also remember watching some documentaries that Germany's command structure was pretty fucked in that every decision had to go through Hitler himself or something along those lines. Terrible communication basicly.

People were afraid of him thats why. Same thing with Joseph Jugashvili aka Man of Steel.

Better kill the archduke Franz Ferdinand, oh wait

what if you kill hitlers dad?

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

12 minutes ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

attacking the Soviet Union thus bringing them into the war against Nazi Germany

That attack was conducted knowing Russia was mobilizing their military to attack German controlled countries. It's the equivalent of biting a cobra that's about to bite you, before it bites you.

10 minutes ago, RotoCoreOne said:

Germany's command structure wasn't all that fucked, Hitler was a damn bright strategist but bullheaded about arms development, namely the StG44 and the intermediate cartridge, but even then, he ended up seeing the practicality of it as the Wehrmacht did as it needed regardless. The rest of the command structure also played a role in weapons development, but so did England and US governments around that time (Hence the US keeping the outdated BAR and not outright replacing it with the superior M1941 Johnson Machine Gun).

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Is this thread for real?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

13 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

damn bright strategist

Thats what most people fail to realize.

13 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

US governments

US companies, like Ford, IBM and General Electric helped Hitler.

Along with Coca Cola, Kodak, Standard Oil, Chase Bank, Nestle

The Bush family. Yes! George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

That attack was conducted knowing Russia was mobilizing their military to attack German controlled countries. It's the equivalent of biting a cobra that's about to bite you, before it bites you.

Ohh, it was a pre emptive strike? Didn't know that the Soviets were planning stuff. . .

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

Is this thread for real?

no, It's a fake thread. definitely not real, it's all in your head. . .    What do you mean "is this thread for real" what does it take for a thread to be "real"? I just randomly got curious what people would say. . .

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

Just now, TheClueLessMajority said:

Es wäre schön, wenn die leute sich um ihre eigenen angelegenheiten in ihren eigenen ländern kümmern würden.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Es wäre schön, wenn die leute sich um ihre eigenen angelegenheiten in ihren eigenen ländern kümmern würden.

have something against random curiosity do you?

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

7 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Translated

It would be nice if people took care of their own affairs in their own countries.