Keep music playing when laptop is closed

I am running windows 10 on my laptop. I am playing music with itunes over bluetooth, how can i make it so when i close my laptop the computer sleeps but still plays music like an iphone?

go into your power settings and find the "choose what closing the lid does" setting, and change it.

Probably gaming or helping technophobes with tech...

2 minutes ago, Vulcan_Knowledge said:

I am running windows 10 on my laptop. I am playing music with itunes over bluetooth, how can i make it so when i close my laptop the computer sleeps but still plays music like an iphone?

https://www.itsupportguides.com/knowledge-base/windows-10/windows-10-how-to-set-what-happens-when-laptop-lid-closed/ 

This basically explains how. I would assume you want the Display to turn off so I would select that, if not then just swap it to ' Do Nothing' and that's should be handy dandy.

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

You can't. Either it sleeps or it doesn't. Best you can do is turn the monitor off and make sure the power settings are not set to maximum.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

Just now, keskparane said:

You can't. Either it sleeps or it doesn't. Best you can do is turn the monitor off and make sure the power settings are not set to maximum.

With Windows 10 you can because the Laptop screen closing is hitting a Micro switch which is setup as a 'Sleep' button, So you just need to change it in Setting, Not all laptops may be able to do so but Windows 10 ones should be fine. 

Some people prefer a challenge, I just band my head against a wall until my method works...

2 minutes ago, userzero said:

go into your power settings and find the "choose what closing the lid does" setting, and change it.

This. I have an old netbook with at least 750gb's worth of music (I'm a DJ, I pay for literally all of my music) and I travel really often. Just change your lid settings, slip your laptop into a bag with a pair of wired or wireless headphones and have at it.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Just now, Vulcan_Knowledge said:

Cool thanks, is there anyway to get the computer to lock when i do this

Just Winkey + L, it shouldn't have any effect on closing the lid if you've changed the settings.

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

Just now, Vulcan_Knowledge said:

Cool thanks, is there anyway to get the computer to lock when i do this

If you look at the link I provided it will show you can show what happens when the sleep button is activated so for example you can have it that when you open it back up it should ask for a Password to unlock. 

I Don't know if it will work with the settings altered to 'Do Nothing' though 

24 minutes ago, Alex Colson said:

With Windows 10 you can because the Laptop screen closing is hitting a Micro switch which is setup as a 'Sleep' button, So you just need to change it in Setting, Not all laptops may be able to do so but Windows 10 ones should be fine. 

So it's not asleep then, so you can't.

However you have been able to turn off the monitor and reduce power usage and play music since at least xp. It's not new to 10. But the computer is not in sleep mode.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

2 minutes ago, keskparane said:

-Snip-

I merely answered what he wanted. Don't go out against people just because you decided to provide something that didn't benefit the OP.

All I did was understand what he wanted and informed him on how to go about it like other posts here have done so as well. 

I know the laptop doesn't actually go to sleep but was able to interpret what he desired. 

Not everyone knows how to explain things and not everyone knows computers in detail. There are members hear who come here to ask and resolve their problems them being novice in the field or have extensive knowledge in it and have a complicated issue. 

So please Don't decide to get aggressive towards me for misunderstanding what you meant.

1 minute ago, Alex Colson said:

I merely answered what he wanted. Don't go out against people just because you decided to provide something that didn't benefit the OP.

All I did was understand what he wanted and informed him on how to go about it like other posts here have done so as well. 

I know the laptop doesn't actually go to sleep but was able to interpret what he desired. 

Not everyone knows how to explain things and not everyone knows computers in detail. There are members hear who come here to ask and resolve their problems them being novice in the field or have extensive knowledge in it and have a complicated issue. 

So please Don't decide to get aggressive towards me for misunderstanding what you meant.

I answered his question too. I understood what he wanted and told him how to go about it too. You then jumped on my answer. So please don't make false claims about me.

2 hours ago, keskparane said:

2 hours ago, Alex Colson said:

Not all laptops may be able to do so but Windows 10 ones should be fine. 

I've done this with laptops since XP. Its just power savings feature, same way as assigning what power button and reset do.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv