Problems with my new Laptop from Dell

abccool2020

So recently it got I the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with an i5-7300HQ, a 1050ti, 8 GBs of ram. The issue I am having is that when I started up PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, I the framerate was only 30 fps, and maybe 40 sometimes, but sometimes it even dipped into the 20s, with every setting possible set to very low, and v-sync off. After doing this I consulted my friend that has a 1050ti and I asked him what his framerates were, along with what setting he ran it at. he said he ran at 60 with everything at very low Now do keep in mind that he has a desktop and not a laptop, and I understand that desktop version of graphics cards are slightly better than laptop versions, but I do not think that that warrants a 30 fps difference. What could possibly be the problem and how do I fix it?

Just now, Squirrel724 said:

Is PUBG set up to use the 1050ti in Nvidia Control Panel? Sounds like it might be running on the iGPU.

How would I check that?

2 minutes ago, abccool2020 said:

So recently it got I the Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with an i5-7300HQ, a 1050ti, 8 GBs of ram. The issue I am having is that when I started up PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, I the framerate was only 30 fps, and maybe 40 sometimes, but sometimes it even dipped into the 20s, with every setting possible set to very low, and v-sync off. After doing this I consulted my friend that has a 1050ti and I asked him what his framerates were, along with what setting he ran it at. he said he ran at 60 with everything at very low Now do keep in mind that he has a desktop and not a laptop, and I understand that desktop version of graphics cards are slightly better than laptop versions, but I do not think that that warrants a 30 fps difference. What could possibly be the problem and how do I fix it?

1. bios - go onto dell website and check for bios updates

2. i also have an alienware laptop (made by dell) and it runs terrible even with great specs, so your not alone...

3. does your friend have an i5 aswell?

1 minute ago, Genericplane said:

1. bios - go onto dell website and check for bios updates

2. i also have an alienware laptop (made by dell) and it runs terrible even with great specs, so your not alone...

3. does your friend have an i5 aswell?

He has an FX 4300. 

Just now, abccool2020 said:

How would I check that?

Right click on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel. Select the program settings tab and pick PUBG from the drop-down list (you may have to add it using the ADD button). You will then be able to see the preferred graphics card for the game.

9 minutes ago, abccool2020 said:

I have what I'm guessing is the exact same laptop, and while PUBG isn't on my games list, my gaming results in general are much more in line with what my i7-6700T/1050 Ti desktop is running than what you're describing. How are your temps?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 minutes ago, Squirrel724 said:

Right click on your desktop and select NVIDIA Control Panel. Select the program settings tab and pick PUBG from the drop-down list (you may have to add it using the ADD button). You will then be able to see the preferred graphics card for the game.

I do not know if I am missing something, but PUBG Does not seem to be showing up in that drop-down list. 

1 hour ago, abccool2020 said:

I do not know if I am missing something, but PUBG Does not seem to be showing up in that drop-down list. 

Click the ADD button to add the PUBG .exe to the list of programs.

On 1/21/2018 at 2:52 PM, Squirrel724 said:

Click the ADD button to add the PUBG .exe to the list of programs.

I did all of that and still its not better

7 minutes ago, abccool2020 said:

I did all of that and still its not better

is the computer set on high performance?

Steps to do so

1.  right click on the battery icon (in the lower left)

2.  Select power options

3. Click on high performance

What about drivers? Have you updated them? What version do you have?

Use programs like MSI Afterburner to see if the laptop it's actually using the 1050ti or the iGpu

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock H97 Pro4 CPU: Intel Core i5-4460 @3.30 Ghz Intel Xeon E3-1271v3 @4.00 Ghz RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) Kingstone HyperX Fury DDR3@1600 Mhz (9-9-9-27)

GPU: MSI 390 8Gb Gaming Edition PSU: XFX TS 650w Bronze Enermax Revolution D.F. 650w 80+ Gold MOUSE: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum KEYBOARD: Monokey Standard Suave Blue

STORAGE: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250Gb // HDD WD Green 1Tb // HDD WD Blue 4Tb // HDD WD Blue 160Gb CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Bit

MONITORS: Samsung CFG7 C24FG7xFQ @144hz // Samsung SyncMaster TA350 LT23A350 @60hz Samsung Odyssey G7 COOLER: Noctua NH-D15

7 minutes ago, Vincent123 said:

is the computer set on high performance?

Steps to do so

1.  right click on the battery icon (in the lower left)

2.  Select power options

3. Click on high performance

High Performance is already on.

17 minutes ago, Parideboy said:

What about drivers? Have you updated them? What version do you have?

Use programs like MSI Afterburner to see if the laptop it's actually using the 1050ti or the iGpu

I updated my drivers already. How do I verify if its my 1050ti or my iGpu running the game?

On 21/01/2018 at 7:30 PM, abccool2020 said:

I understand that desktop version of graphics cards are slightly better than laptop versions, but I do not think that that warrants a 30 fps difference.

I looked up some benchmarks online and it looks like the notebook Ti is about 7-10 fps short of the desktop version so I suspect the issue you're running into is thermal throttling. Remember also, whilst the GPU is primarily responsible for an increases in FPS, it is generally something else that is responsible for any detraction's - Be it thermals, driver issues, bad ram or justdellthings

That being said, it could just be that you super lost the silicone lottery and he super won it because the reported FPS im seeing online for 1050ti's in PLUNKBAT is not 60fps.

That, or he's full of shit :P

Just follow these  Nvida settings :

1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel
  2. Click on Manage 3D Settings
  3. Click on Program Settings
  4. Find TlsGame on the drop-down menu and add it. If it’s not there, click on “Add” and find TlsGame. If it’s not on the list there either, open up PUBG and close it again, then open this window again. It should be there now and if it’s still not there, add it manually at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64” (Your exact TslGame.exe location may differ)
  5. Find Maximum pre-rendered frames and put it at 1
  6. Find Monitor Technology and put it on G-SYNC (if you have a G-SYNC monitor)
  7. Find Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration and put it at Single display performance mode
  8. Find Power management mode and put it at Prefer maximum performance
  9. Find Preferred refresh rate and put it at Highest available
  10. Find Threaded optimization and put it at On
  11. Find Vertical sync and put it at Off

Change launch options:

1. Right click on “PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS” on Steam
  2. Click on “Properties”
  3. Click on “Set Launch Options”
  4. Add “ -maxMem=7000 -malloc=system -force-feature-level-11-0 -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4” in there.
    1. Change “7000” to the amount of RAM you want to allocate to the game in MB. Don’t allocate all of your RAM
    2. “-sm4” will change shaders from DX11 to DX10 and will remove some distracting reflections from the game.
    3. “-mallow=system” will force Windows to handle memory allocation
    4. “-USEALLAVAILABLECORES” should make the game utilize all your CPU cores, but it’s uncertain if it still helps as the game should be able to do this on its own now.

In Game Settings

1. Adjust the brightness to your preferred level. Find a good spot, so you are able to spot people in dark corners, etc.
  2. Set Anti-Aliasing to Very Low. You can change this to a higher setting if you can’t play with flickering edges.
  3. Set Shadows to Very Low. This will result in some blocky shadows indoors
  4. Set Post-Processing to Very Low. This will increase visibility since there will be no more saturation and bloom.
  5. Set Texture to anything you are comfortable with. Compare your FPS while changing this setting, as you might get a higher FPS on a higher setting due to CPU overload in the game’s current state. Some professionals argue that it’s harder to see enemies in high-quality textures. Keeping this at Medium should suffice for most users. If you have low VRAM, then put this on Low.
  6. Set Effects to Very Low. If you don’t want to sacrifice too much visibility, then this is one of the best settings to change for that purpose.
  7. Set Foliage to Very Low. This will remove a lot of bushes and grass.
  8. Set View Distance to Low. Having this setting on Low should cover a quarter of the map, which will be more than enough. Having it any higher will punish your FPS for no apparent gains. You can always change this setting if you’re on a sniper tower, if you want to of course.
  9. Make sure MotionBlur is unchecked.
  10. Make sure V-Sync is unchecked.
  11. Reduce your Screen Scale to a number under 100 if you want higher FPS. If you have a good card, this setting should be at 100 to maintain good pixel quality.

And see the difference =)

5 hours ago, BryL said:

Change launch options:

2. Click on “Properties”
  4. Add “ -maxMem=7000 -malloc=system -force-feature-level-11-0 -USEALLAVAILABLECORES -sm4” in there.
    1. Change “7000” to the amount of RAM you want to allocate to the game in MB. Don’t allocate all of your RAM
    2. “-sm4” will change shaders from DX11 to DX10 and will remove some distracting reflections from the game.
    4. “-USEALLAVAILABLECORES” should make the game utilize all your CPU cores, but it’s uncertain if it still helps as the game should be able to do this on its own now.

I have 8 gigs of ram. What would be a healthy amount to put in there?

5 hours ago, BryL said:

Just follow these  Nvida settings :

1. Open NVIDIA Control Panel
  2. Click on Manage 3D Settings
  3. Click on Program Settings
  4. Find TlsGame on the drop-down menu and add it. If it’s not there, click on “Add” and find TlsGame. If it’s not on the list there either, open up PUBG and close it again, then open this window again. It should be there now and if it’s still not there, add it manually at “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64” (Your exact TslGame.exe location may differ)
  5. Find Maximum pre-rendered frames and put it at 1
  6. Find Monitor Technology and put it on G-SYNC (if you have a G-SYNC monitor)
  7. Find Multi-display/mixed-GPU acceleration and put it at Single display performance mode
  8. Find Power management mode and put it at Prefer maximum performance
  9. Find Preferred refresh rate and put it at Highest available
  10. Find Threaded optimization and put it at On
  11. Find Vertical sync and put it at Off

Change launch options:

2. Click on “Properties”

In Game Settings

1. Adjust the brightness to your preferred level. Find a good spot, so you are able to spot people in dark corners, etc.
  2. Set Anti-Aliasing to Very Low. You can change this to a higher setting if you can’t play with flickering edges.
  3. Set Shadows to Very Low. This will result in some blocky shadows indoors
  4. Set Post-Processing to Very Low. This will increase visibility since there will be no more saturation and bloom.
  5. Set Texture to anything you are comfortable with. Compare your FPS while changing this setting, as you might get a higher FPS on a higher setting due to CPU overload in the game’s current state. Some professionals argue that it’s harder to see enemies in high-quality textures. Keeping this at Medium should suffice for most users. If you have low VRAM, then put this on Low.
  6. Set Effects to Very Low. If you don’t want to sacrifice too much visibility, then this is one of the best settings to change for that purpose.
  7. Set Foliage to Very Low. This will remove a lot of bushes and grass.
  8. Set View Distance to Low. Having this setting on Low should cover a quarter of the map, which will be more than enough. Having it any higher will punish your FPS for no apparent gains. You can always change this setting if you’re on a sniper tower, if you want to of course.
  9. Make sure MotionBlur is unchecked.
  10. Make sure V-Sync is unchecked.
  11. Reduce your Screen Scale to a number under 100 if you want higher FPS. If you have a good card, this setting should be at 100 to maintain good pixel quality.

And see the difference =)

So I did everything you told me to do, and there does not seem to be a difference.

5 minutes ago, abccool2020 said:

So I did everything you told me to do, and there does not seem to be a difference.

Nevermind I am constantly hitting 40 fps, But the problem is that it seems to be capped at 40 I have no idea why.

2 hours ago, abccool2020 said:

Nevermind I am constantly hitting 40 fps, But the problem is that it seems to be capped at 40 I have no idea why.

you can remove the fps cap by doing this:

1. windows +R %localappdata%\tslgame\saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

2. open engine.ini

3. paste the script below:

[/Script/TslGame.TslEngine]

FrameRateCap=0

at the bottom.
4. save
5.right click, properties, click read only

20 hours ago, BryL said:

you can remove the fps cap by doing this:

1. windows +R %localappdata%\tslgame\saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

2. open engine.ini

3. paste the script below:

[/Script/TslGame.TslEngine]

FrameRateCap=0

at the bottom.
4. save
5.right click, properties, click read only

I would love to try but can't messing with PUBG ini files get you banned?

15 hours ago, abccool2020 said:

I would love to try but can't messing with PUBG ini files get you banned?

I shoul've been banned since march 2017 when I started playing it.

4 hours ago, BryL said:

I shoul've been banned since march 2017 when I started playing it.

oh ok then.