Stutter in all games

Javmatic

Hi I've only had my PC just about two months now and i'm so confused with why i get so many frame drops.
in my PC i have
i5 7400
pny gtx 1060 6gb
8gb (2x4) ddr4 2400mhz
asus prime b250m-plus
240gb san disk ssd (70gb free space)

500gb hdd 7200rpm (250gb free space)

corsair vs 550w psu

no mater what game i play i get stutter whether it is csgo or overwatch all the way to PUBG (but i expect stutter in this even though my friends dont get any problems and they are using 1050 ti's) the game randomly stutters or stutters when i get in a gun fight resulting in death.

when playing overwatch
cpu sits at around 50-60%
memory is mostly around 70%
and gpu is around 60%
then it will just drop and i get major stutter and this doesn't change if it change it from ultra to low. 
i have reinstalled drivers for the card and fiddled with the 3D setting in the nvidia control panel. it has made no difference and it is really starting to irritate me please help find a solution/fix.

Did you DDU in safe mode to reinstall nVidia drivers?

Have you checked temperatures at high loads?

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

• 2 weeks later...

yeah the temps of the gpu sit between 60-70 degrees under load

and the cpu sits are around 70 degrees under load

9 minutes ago, Javmatic said:

yeah the temps of the gpu sit between 60-70 degrees under load

and the cpu sits are around 70 degrees under load

what antivirus are you using?

whats the total running processes and mem load %?

On 1/21/2018 at 9:32 AM, Javmatic said:

Hi I've only had my PC just about two months now and i'm so confused with why i get so many frame drops.
in my PC i have
i5 7400
pny gtx 1060 6gb
8gb (2x4) ddr4 2400mhz
asus prime b250m-plus
240gb san disk ssd (70gb free space)

500gb hdd 7200rpm (250gb free space)

corsair vs 550w psu

no mater what game i play i get stutter whether it is csgo or overwatch all the way to PUBG (but i expect stutter in this even though my friends dont get any problems and they are using 1050 ti's) the game randomly stutters or stutters when i get in a gun fight resulting in death.

when playing overwatch
cpu sits at around 50-60%
memory is mostly around 70%
and gpu is around 60%
then it will just drop and i get major stutter and this doesn't change if it change it from ultra to low. 
i have reinstalled drivers for the card and fiddled with the 3D setting in the nvidia control panel. it has made no difference and it is really starting to irritate me please help find a solution/fix.

Hmm.. 60%? maybe these frame drops are because your GPU is clocking down when it doesn't have a big load to deal with.

Try going into your nvidia control panel, go to manage 3d settings, and change power management mode to "prefer maximum performance".

It's a shot in the dark but worth a try.

This makes it so your graphics card doesn't clock down unless you system is completely idle, so even having a browser window open will stop it from clocking down.

I second what was said about using DDU in safe mode though.

If you didn't do that while reinstalling the driver, that's not enough.