GTX 660 problem using Sony Vegas Pro 11

mono

So i have a problem when i try to render my video. I choose the GPU to render my movie - and then an unknown error pops out. Shame - CUDA was one of the reasons i went with nvidia. I have the latest drivers installed (not the beta ones). Anyone got a solution?

Change way in renders in the options to 'CPU' instead of 'GPU'

That won't solve the problem. It's gonna be using my CPU, and not take advantage of CUDA at all.

I've always had problems with GPU rendering in Sony Vegas. Never got it to work right. I use AMD, btw.

• 2 weeks later...

The last I heard kepler was not supported in Sony Vegas not sure if anything has changed. I know after effects supports kepler natively and premier pro requires you to mod it a bit. Premier is so much more efficient definitely worth the switch

sony vegas doesnt use CUDA for rendering engine on kepler at this time.. support for the 200/400 (fermi)

quadro. what supports on the kepler is open GL. and thats where the AMD cards shine..

like said before.. change the CPU to render.

NVIDIA

Requires a CUDA-enabled GPU and driver 270.xx or later. GeForce GPUs:

• GeForce GTX 4xx Series or higher (or GeForce GT 2xx Series or higher with driver 285.62 or later).
  • Quadro GPUs: Quadro 600 or higher (or Quadro FX 1700 or higher with driver 285.62 or later).

NVIDIA recommends NVIDIA Quadro for professional applications and recommends use of the latest boards based on the Fermi architecture.

AMD/ATI

Requires an OpenCL-enabled GPU and Catalyst driver 11.7 or later with a Radeon HD 57xx or higher GPU. If using a FirePro GPU, FirePro unified driver 8.85 or later is required.

airdeano