8700k dead After bios update

Wixxie

So i have (had) a 8700k and a asus z370-e motherboard. I updated the bios to Secure it. It lead to some bsod indicating memory problem, and then it was bo more.

nothing in Uefi seemed abnormal and i had no overclock or turbo boost.

im getting a new CPU so im not worried about that but the wierd thing is thar even though the computer is less then 6 months old i have already replaced a gtx 1080. 

Am I just very unlucky or is it more likely that something else is causing hardware to break down, maby a bad PSU?

2 minutes ago, Wixxie said:

So i have (had) a 8700k and a asus z370-e motherboard. I updated the bios to Secure it. It lead to some bsod indicating memory problem, and then it was bo more.

nothing in Uefi seemed abnormal and i had no overclock or turbo boost.

im getting a new CPU so im not worried about that but the wierd thing is thar even though the computer is less then 6 months old i have already replaced a gtx 1080. 

Am I just very unlucky or is it more likely that something else is causing hardware to break down, maby a bad PSU?

By getting a new CPU i sure as hell hope you mean you're RMA-ing the old one? And how do you know it's the CPU that's dead? It could be the mobo dying after a failed bios update

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

Well this one time I thought my CPU had died when my PC with my £400+ motherboard wouldn't boot and the replacement motherboard also had my have same errors. 

Just turned out to be MSI mass churning out loads of faulty motherboards as usual. Amazon actually went and refunded my CPU without testing, but this was really MSIs fault not mine. Swapped back to Asus after my new CPU also didn't work and it fixed it,  MSI can go die in a fire. 

Linus is my fetish.

I went back to the store where i bought everything to have them test what was wrong, and i got an report from them saying it was a  dead CPU and they are replacing it (for free ofc). I do agree that it is very wierd that a CPU just dies like that, especially with no OC.

I made the post to see if this is something that happens or if i should insist that thay check the PSU or motherboard for additional faults that might be the cause for hardware failure.

I do not want my computer to break any more.

Just FYI it's quite risky to update BIOS and is usually not needed. If your power cuts out or even drops (brown out) you risk making the board completely unusable. Did the shop also replace the motherboard? It's super unlikely that it's the CPU that died

That's an F in the profile pic

Well i thought the new BIOS were more or less mandatory to fix the vulnerability of the intel CPU.

I dont think they will replace the motherboard, atleast they did not say so in the report they sent me.

I am going there tomorrow to pick up my computer and the replacement CPU.