Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/dzVxLD

Any suggestions on my build?

I'm looking at gaming at 4k, won't be doing any sort of production work just gaming at 60hz.

I toyed with getting an intel CPU because of the potential better gaming performance but I reckon that the money saved on the cheaper Ryzen CPU and cheaper motherboard could be put towards a graphics card upgrade, so a 1080 in this case.

Do you guys think that's a good idea or would I see more of a performance gain purchasing something like an i5 8600? 

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, trace6x said:

I'm looking at gaming at 4k, won't be doing any sort of production work just gaming at 60hz.

I toyed with getting an intel CPU because of the potential better gaming performance but I reckon that the money saved on the cheaper Ryzen CPU and cheaper motherboard could be put towards a graphics card upgrade, so a 1080 in this case.

Do you guys think that's a good idea or would I see more of a performance gain purchasing something like an i5 8600? 

Cheers!

I would say that with less than 16 GB of ram you have too less ram and an x370 board will be much better if you would overclock your CPU in the future

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/knLMGf

ask me about your system builds, AIO's, CPU's, PSU's, and GPU's.

7 minutes ago, ricksteendam1 said:

I would say that with less than 16 GB of ram you have too less ram and an x370 board will be much better if you would overclock your CPU in the future

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/knLMGf

Is 16gb of ram really needed though considering how much extra it is?

This is a friends build and I don't plan on showing him how to overclock but I guess the option would be good

Just now, trace6x said:

Is 16gb of ram really needed though considering how much extra it is?

This is a friends build and I don't plan on showing him how to overclock but I guess the option would be good

You can still overclock on a B350, you can just get a better one on x370 boards. I have read up about plenty of people getting good overclocks on their Ryzen 5 1600 CPUs with a B350 mobo. I would also avoid unnecessary eye candy things like RGB RAM, if your friend is trying to save a little cash.

One other thing, 16GB of RAM is preferable nowen days, but you can scrap by still with 8GB in most games, if your willing to be unable to do much else other than have one internet browser tab open at one time while gaming.

28 minutes ago, trace6x said:

Cheers!

Actually, at 4k, the difference in gaming performance between Intel and Ryzen diminishes quite a bit. I would say if you can afford it, and you can find one at a decent price, get a 1080 ti. Also, Hardware Unboxed did a big round of testing on this(and I highly suggest going to watch their video), 16GB of RAM is getting closer to being more necessary for gaming. I'd watch your RAM usage, and if you are getting 80%+ usage, I'd look into upgrading.

35 minutes ago, trace6x said:

Cheers!

My only suggestion is not to buy a GPU right now, of any kind. The market is going insane and we will have new GPUs in half a year at the worst.

Get faster RAM. No reason to pay more to get a 2133MHz kit. 

Swap the PSU for the TXM. The TXM is replacing the CSM, so there's absolutely no reason to pay more for it. 

:)

Thanks for the suggestions, swapped out the PSU, just decided on if I need 16gb of ram or a 1080ti or both

3 minutes ago, trace6x said:

Thanks for the suggestions, swapped out the PSU, just decided on if I need 16gb of ram or a 1080ti or both

preferably both.

You would have a better gaming experience at 1440p/60Hz with a GTX 1080. You can get a good 1440p 60Hz IPS for under £300.

I would look at the Seasonic Focus Gold for the psu, or the new Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro which is based on the same platform. 

Winter is Coming.

21 hours ago, lee32uk said:

You would have a better gaming experience at 1440p/60Hz with a GTX 1080. You can get a good 1440p 60Hz IPS for under £300.

I would look at the Seasonic Focus Gold for the psu, or the new Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro which is based on the same platform. 

Build is for a friend, he's already bought the 4k monitor unfortunately otherwise I would have said the same