Before You Buy Gaming Mice (General Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Popular Mouse Sensor,Mice Recommendation,And Many More!)

Hiya!
13 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Battery with RGb is 46 hours without about 60 hours 

I hate anything corded so I need wireless for eveything haha.

got it on sale for €129

That's not so impressive considering it use HERO sensor but maybe the batteries isn't that big.

Well me too but i am just a broke college student so yay! Cable forever xD

Welp €129 is $146 USD so not really that good of a deal.

You could go with the G403 though its cheaper and sensor wise it perform pretty similar.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

26 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

That's not so impressive considering it use HERO sensor but maybe the batteries isn't that big.

Well me too but i am just a broke college student so yay! Cable forever xD

Welp €129 is $146 USD so not really that good of a deal.

You could go with the G403 though its cheaper and sensor wise it perform pretty similar.

Where I live (NL) price is €159 normally. 

Now I just need a mechanical keyboard. Waiting on the launch of the SK650 from cooler master in Q1 2019. low profile mechanical wireless RGB keyboard 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

2 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

Where I live (NL) price is €159 normally. 

Now I just need a mechanical keyboard. Waiting on the launch of the SK650 from cooler master in Q1 2019. low profile mechanical wireless RGB keyboard 

Its fun to have a job and have a good salary.. (T^T)

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

4 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Its fun to have a job and have a good salary.. (T^T)

I don’t have a job at the moment. I did work part time for the last 6 years and worked for myself as a currency trader. Never making big money but enough as extra ‘pocketmoney’ 

Im starting to study 7th of January !

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

You should add the MSI Glutch GM70.

Its a large mouse (~13cm in length)

Ambidextrous

Removable Pinky and Thumb rests

Optical 3360 sensor

Wired and Wireless

7 buttons (Normal Left & Right, + 2 on right side + 2 left side + Middle scroll wheel) + DPi button.

2 sizes of palm rest.

140g-160g (depending on who u ask. I weigh it in at 160g with both 'wings' attached for thumb and pinky rest)

~£100 price tag

As far as im aware its the only mouse with the combination of having a good pinky AND thumb rest, with a top end optical sensor, and with a wired option.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

3 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

You should add the MSI Glutch GM70.

Its a large mouse (~13cm in length)

Ambidextrous

Removable Pinky and Thumb rests

Optical 3360 sensor

Wired and Wireless

7 buttons (Normal Left & Right, + 2 on right side + 2 left side + Middle scroll wheel) + DPi button.

2 sizes of palm rest.

~£100 price tag

As far as im aware its the only mouse with the combination of having a good pinky AND thumb rest, with a top end optical sensor, and with a wired option.

I should add a lot of mice but i havent got the time just yet..i will update it in the future ..~sorry

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

More mice has been added:

-Dream Machines DM1 FPS
-Finalmouse Air58 Ninja
-Fnatic Flick 2
-Fnatic Clutch 2
-HyperX Pulsefire Surge
-Logitech G Pro Wireless
-Logitech G305

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

More mice has been added:

-Razer Mamba Elite

-Razer Mamba HyperFlux

-Razer Naga Trinity

-Zowie S1 & S2 Divina

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

• 1 month later...

Anyone know if there is a website to test gaming mouse accuracy? I currently check my mouse by moving it left from to right, and from top to buttom repetitively, and see if the traveling distance and position is consistent. Sadly, all my mouse has a tendency to drift from the starting point.... I haven't bought a gaming mouse for a while, would love to find some benchmark or testing data before I buy my next one. 

15 hours ago, bruuuuuuce_leeeeee said:

Anyone know if there is a website to test gaming mouse accuracy? I currently check my mouse by moving it left from to right, and from top to buttom repetitively, and see if the traveling distance and position is consistent. Sadly, all my mouse has a tendency to drift from the starting point.... I haven't bought a gaming mouse for a while, would love to find some benchmark or testing data before I buy my next one. 

That is acceleration not accuracy..make sure you turn of the windows enchance pointer precision in windows settings or in your mouse software.

What is your mouse?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

That is acceleration not accuracy..make sure you turn of the windows enhance pointer precision in windows settings or in your mouse software.

What is your mouse?

I am using a wired Etekcity scroll 6e optical mouse. It is cheap, and I fit my hand well. I am interested in upgrading, but it seems like it is impossible to compare mice from specs.

Wow, turning off the windows enchance pointer precision make the mouse movement a lot more consistent! ? Thanks!!?

15 hours ago, bruuuuuuce_leeeeee said:

I am using a wired Etekcity scroll 6e optical mouse. It is cheap, and I fit my hand well. I am interested in upgrading, but it seems like it is impossible to compare mice from specs.

Wow, turning off the windows enchance pointer precision make the mouse movement a lot more consistent! ? Thanks!!?

Well that is not a gaming mouse so dont expect a good performance from it.

You're welcome ^_^ 

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

No GSkill recommendation for us lefties? The MX780 is the only mouse I know of with a left hand config and properly placed buttons for left handed use. Also adjustable in size/weight with 2 4.5G weights and an adjustable palm rest. Can be made incredibly light, or modded to be the exact weight you want (the space under the palm rest is near empty).

I would also recommend a section for Ambidextrous mice, as many exist and most suck to actually use left handed.

Link: https://www.gskill.com/en/product/ripjaws-mx780---rgb-laser-gaming-mouse

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

15 hours ago, SenpaiKaplan said:

No GSkill recommendation for us lefties? The MX780 is the only mouse I know of with a left hand config and properly placed buttons for left handed use. Also adjustable in size/weight with 2 4.5G weights and an adjustable back-piece. Can be made incredibly light, or modded to be the exact weight you want (the space under the heel-rest is near empty).

I would also recommend a section for Ambidextrous mice, as many exist and most suck to actually use left handed.

Link: https://www.gskill.com/en/product/ripjaws-mx780---rgb-laser-gaming-mouse

I didnt because it use laser sensor and it is a very bad one.

Although i would consider adding it to the list in the future..even though there are ambidextrous mice already on the list (see DESIGN)

Thank you.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Just now, Hiya! said:

I didnt because it use laser sensor and it is a very bad one.

Although i would consider adding it to the list in the future..even though there are ambidextrous mice already on the list.

Thank you.

That is fair, though I have noticed no issues with the sensor personally. That may be because I don't play any FPS competitively or even at a high rank (though I do play hitscan in Overwatch. Im only Gold.)

May I ask, for my own knowledge, what makes the sensor so bad?

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 

That is fair, though I have noticed no issues with the sensor personally. That may be because I don't play any FPS competitively or even at a high rank (though I do play hitscan in Overwatch. Im only Gold.)

May I ask, for my own knowledge, what makes the sensor so bad?

1.Inconsistent tracking at different speed a.k.a acceleration or the correct term is resolution error versus speed

2.High lift off distance (A mouse with high LOD is bad because if you try to reposition your mouse the sensor will still be able to read the surface and mess with your aim and laser sensor has high LOD)

3.Cant read a slow movement (some player can move their mouse very slowly especially when they aim using scope in game such as sniper, a bad sensor wont be able to pick their movement and their cursor will stay in position)

4.Loses track (mouse sensor has something called malfunction speed in which how well certain sensor can handle acceleration (motion) measured in Gforce and if they have low Gforce the sensor will lose track if you manage to exceed their Gforce rating)

5.Inaccurate (precision and accuracy is different, precision is a data that we gather from accuracy..for example we can move our mouse multiple times at the same distance but it doesnt stop at where it should be although it move to the direction where we want it to be)

If you want to know more just read the Optical vs laser section..

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

2 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

1.Inconsistent tracking at different speed a.k.a acceleration or the correct term is resolution error versus speed

2.High lift off distance (A mouse with high LOD is bad because if you try to reposition your mouse the sensor will still be able to read the surface and mess with your aim and laser sensor has high LOD)

3.Cant read a slow movement (some player can move their mouse very slowly especially when they aim using scope in game such as sniper, a bad sensor wont be able to pick their movement and their cursor will stay in position)

4.Loses track (mouse sensor has something called malfunction speed in which how well certain sensor can handle acceleration (motion) measured in Gforce and if they have low Gforce the sensor will lose track if you manage to exceed their Gforce rating)

5.Inaccurate (precision and accuracy is different, precision is a data that we gather from accuracy..for example we can move our mouse multiple times at the same distance but it doesnt stop at where it should be although it move to the direction where we want it to be)

If you want to know more just read the Optical vs laser section..

I have noticed #3 while playing snipers, come to think of it. Thank you for your time!

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

I will be buying a Logitech G900 per @Hiya!'s recommendation. Thank god for this thread!

Useful threads: 

Spoiler

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Spoiler

I will be buying a Logitech G900 per @Hiya!'s recommendation. Thank god for this thread!

Glad it helped xD and thank you for coming by

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

• 1 month later...

I'm currently using Logitech G102 and while it's been serving me good, I have big hands and it's a bit too light for me when playing FPS, also I kinda want more buttons on my mice ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

After some thoughts and little hands-on (but haven't try playing with any of them), I come up with 3 choices: G502 HERO, Mamba Elite, and Basilisk.

Based on my little experience, I don't think I'm gonna have problems with the shape of those three, though I'm concerned with G502 due to the amount of buttons that thing have.

G502: let me get this first, I *really* love the scroll wheel of this mice and there's nothing quite like it out there (except other Logitech mice lol) and because I'm a lazy-ass person I use a lot of macro buttons/shortcut keys/etc. plus this thing is the cheapest of the bunch makes it hard to pass. But what makes it hard is the software, which could be better in a lot of ways, and the weight of it. I know I said that my G102 is a bit too light to my liking but this thing is so heavy I'm probably in for one helluva learning curve lol.

Mamba Elite: I like the ergonomics of this mice, it's got plenty of buttons, and it's got good looks as well (hard to pass on good looks xD) but this being the most expensive of the bunch while me being a cheapskate that I am really discourage me from buying this mice. also the scroll wheel doesn't came close to the G502 lol

Basilisk: while it's got the fewest buttons of the bunch, it should be sufficient. it's got something with the scroll wheel but idk how good it is compared to G502 (not even close based on my experience but then again it was just a quick hands-on) and with price tag easier to swallow for me compared to Mamba Elite, it's really hard to pass on this one. I think the learning curve with the weight wouldn't be as drastic as G502. and it might just be my opinion but a successor of this mouse is bound to come out soon since this thing is around 2 yo already (?).

My friends have been telling me to stay away from just about all Razer products but judging from what I want it really come down to those three (I was swayed by Steelseries Rival 600 but turne off by the price). Oh and maybe other things that most people don't get is that Razer is not officially operate in my country, well it did but from some sort of 3rd party so there's gotta be a price hike and based on my experience the aftermarket service with them are absolute nightmare comparing on how much money I spend on their products (as a high-schooler that amount hurts)

Anyways sorry for the wall of texts I just need some help on deciding which mice to get, or of there's any other good alternatives, I'm all ears! (or rather eyes lol)

9 hours ago, Cluff said:

snip

razer mice are fine

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Well i have an interesting question:

I am actually fairly new to the gaming mouse scene and the only major one I am familiar with on a personal level is the the Razer Deathadder.

With that said concerning Razers reputation with some people I am looking for a potential future replacement for it.

Thing is.... I have large hands and I like something that doesnt have some sort of stupid third party software I need to download to change the RGB as I am a linux user on the side.

Is there a mouse out there with or without RGB that has a similar shape and hand profile to the Razer deathadder?

That has decent quality not to mention decent linux support?

I mean i could just buy another deathadder or other razer mouse but i like having a second option.

Sure yes i could just consult the guide on page 1 but I am looking for personal experiences from people who have large hands like mine

9 hours ago, MadmanRB said:

Well i have an interesting question:

I am actually fairly new to the gaming mouse scene and the only major one I am familiar with on a personal level is the the Razer Deathadder.

With that said concerning Razers reputation with some people I am looking for a potential future replacement for it.

Thing is.... I have large hands and I like something that doesnt have some sort of stupid third party software I need to download to change the RGB as I am a linux user on the side.

Is there a mouse out there with or without RGB that has a similar shape and hand profile to the Razer deathadder?

That has decent quality not to mention decent linux support?

I mean i could just buy another deathadder or other razer mouse but i like having a second option.

Sure yes i could just consult the guide on page 1 but I am looking for personal experiences from people who have large hands like mine

Gigabyte XM300 or Logitech G403.

I am not a linux user so i cant help you with that, also you will still need to use software to change basically everything for the mouse and each manufacturer has their own so no 3rd party.. 

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to say, bought the G703 about 2 months ago and may never go with a non-wireless, non-logitech mouse again. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at a Logitech Master MX 2s, and i've never had a wireless mouse before. Really excited to finally upgrade from my ancient mouse!
All of the reviews i've been seeing say it's a great mouse but i haven't seen any that talk about its longevity, does Logitech usually have decent longevity in its mice?