stop links redirect to random sites and block pop ups ?

johnxx12

i am really getting annoyed with this happening so my prob is im sure you all have experienced this

1.when i open some website if i click on a link a pop up will open and if i click anywhere on the site no matter if its a link or not a pop up will open again this keeps happening every 10 secs or so and im getting really angry about it 

[this does not happen with all websites just some i visit from time to time]

2.when i click on a link it redirects me to a random site .... i have to open the link maybe 5-7 times before it takes me to the site its meant to take me in the first place this is so annoying 

[this does not happen with all links most of the time they are download links but not all the time]

so what i want is to block all pop ups and to have the links i click take me to the site right away and not make me open them 7 times in a row before they do. i mean wtf is that 

i am using Google Chrome and i have Ublock origin installed it says its supposed to block all pop ups but i guess not 

you dont have to explain a lot if you dont have the time just point me in the right direction and il figure it out on my own prob 

Download and run Malwarebytes.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

Check your system for malware first.

Firefox and Chrome both support uBlock Origin and it does a good job of helping with ads and re-direction attacks.

CPU: Core i7 4970K | MOBO: Asus Z87 Pro | RAM: 32GBs of G.Skill Ares 1866 | GPU: MSI GAMING X GTX 1070 | STOR: 2 X Crucial BX100 250GB, 2 x WD Blk 1TB (mirror),WD Blk 500GB | CASE: Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced | PSU: EVGA SUPERNOVA G2 750W | COOL: Cooler Master Hyper T4 | DISP: 21" 1080P POS | KB: MS Keyboard | MAU5: Redragon NEMEANLION | MIC: Snowball Blue | OS: Win 8.1 Pro x64, (Working on Arch for dual boot) |

So, I've only experienced this on one type of website that provides a kind of content. This type of website exists only for the ad revenue and most ad providers don't actually give any money for just displaying the ad but rather for clicking on it. The website will simulate a click for the money. 

If I use words like probably or most likely, it is because I dislike certainty. These words can probably be omitted and the sentence read as a certainty.

2 minutes ago, Gikero said:

Check your system for malware first.

Firefox and Chrome both support uBlock Origin and it does a good job of helping with ads and re-direction attacks.

3 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Download and run Malwarebytes.

im 100 % sure i have no virus or malware / as for ublock origin its good for blocking ads and i can see that it blocks some pop ups but not all of them 

Just now, NTF5252 said:

So, I've only experienced this on one type of website that provides a kind of content. This type of website exists only for the ad revenue and most ad providers don't actually give any money for just displaying the ad but rather for clicking on it. The website will simulate a click for the money. 

exactly so can i do anything about it ? is there any addons or anything at all