RAID0 Ryzen 1700x

G3nnaro

My friend and I are putting together his new build and we've run into some issues trying to install windows with RAID0. 

We are attempting this on Windows 10 Pro. 

What we've done:

- Went into bios and enabled raid on the sata option

- Configured RAID0 with our 2 drives

NOTE: When we turn raid mode off in the bios the two separate drives do show up in the windows 10 installer.

when we reboot it shows our raid configuration as one single drive as it should and it shows up in the bios

when we boot into the windows installed our raided drive does NOT show up. It also doesn't show up when we open the CMD in the installation menu and look it up in diskpart. 

What we've tried:

- Deleting and re-creating the array

- turning legacy mode off and putting it in UEFI mode

- downloading the Ryzen drivers off of AMD's website(But when we attempt to load it in the windows 10 installer it doesn't recognize any useable drivers)

Hardware we're using:

- Ryzen 1700x

- MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM AM4 Motherboard

- two(2) 1tb Sandisk x400 SSD's

- GTX 1080

Any and all help is appreciated we've been at this for hours with not a lot of answers... 

3 minutes ago, G3nnaro said:

My friend and I are putting together his new build and we've run into some issues trying to install windows with RAID0. 

We are attempting this on Windows 10 Pro. 

What we've done:

- Went into bios and enabled raid on the sata option

- Configured RAID0 with our 2 drives

NOTE: When we turn raid mode off in the bios the two separate drives do show up in the windows 10 installer.

when we reboot it shows our raid configuration as one single drive as it should and it shows up in the bios

when we boot into the windows installed our raided drive does NOT show up. It also doesn't show up when we open the CMD in the installation menu and look it up in diskpart. 

What we've tried:

- Deleting and re-creating the array

- turning legacy mode off and putting it in UEFI mode

- downloading the Ryzen drivers off of AMD's website(But when we attempt to load it in the windows 10 installer it doesn't recognize any useable drivers)

Hardware we're using:

- Ryzen 1700x

- MSI X370 XPOWER GAMING TITANIUM AM4 Motherboard

- two(2) 1tb Sandisk x400 SSD's

- GTX 1080

Any and all help is appreciated we've been at this for hours with not a lot of answers... 

Have you verified if you are using ports on a separate chipset that require different BIOS settings or different drivers?  Just asking because I've seen boards here and there where they add two or so extra SATA ports on a completely different chipset.

7 minutes ago, G3nnaro said:

windows with RAID0. 

Don't.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?