Command-Center ³ (Liquid cooled Mini-ITX)

Da9L

Until before summer i had a big ass custom liquid cooled PC. It was built into a Corsair 800D, which is a pretty darn big case and a pain to move for LAN’s etc. This was my first pc with liquid cooling, and the end result looked like this:

old.png

That PC is now not mine anymore, and im using a spare pc untill i figure out exactly what to get for my upcoming pc.

Because, unlike my old pc, my new pc is going to be very small, as i've had enough of the big sizes. But that is not going to prevent me from making it water cooled, and (hopefully) nice looking.

I blog about this build on my website: http://joergensen-gjerlev.dk where i will also give a more detailed description about why and how i do what i do :)

And now to the new upcoming system..

logo.png

The setup is going to look like this:

Im going to build it all into the Cubitek Mini Cube case along with these parts

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K
MOBO: ASUS Maximus VI Impact
GFX: Inno3D GeForce GTX 780 Herculez 2000
PSU: Silverstone ST75F-GS
SSD: 1x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB SSD drive
HDD: 1x Western Digital Green 1TB HDD (Already have this)
RAM: 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600 Mhz DDR3 Ram

Cooling:
Swiftech Apogee Drive II for the CPU - I chose this because its a combination with pump and block in one unit, to use less space.
Heatkiller GPU-X³ GTX 780 / Titan "Hole Edition" Ni-Bl for the GPU.
Alphacool NexXxos Monsta 120mm

This is all the cooling parts i have ordered at the moment, but i will need an additional rad i believe to get some better temps.

Other than that the Case obviously needs some work to fit this. Because i want to liquid cool both CPU and GPU i will need at least 2x 120mm rads, which is what im gonna go for. The case has out-of-the-box support for a single 120mm rad at the bottom in front of the PSU which is where i will have to place the Monsta. Some work is needed here though too for it to fit. Im also gonna have to drill a hole on the front just below the graphics card, to fit the second rad. According to what i have measured, it can just fit exactly!

My plan is also to sleeve the cables in red sleeve, which is going to be the main color theme of the build along with black. I have ordered this too from Nils at MDPC-X Sleeving

All the parts have already been ordered, and the mail man is the only one im waiting for before i can begin the installation and modification of the case :)

I expect to get the parts tommorow and the first things to do will be to sleeve the PSU as the i cannot begin the work on the case before next week.

More coming later in this weekend !

I've measured it to be able to just have a monsta with a fan underneath the gpu.. There is 11cm from the bottom of the case to the bottom of the first slot.. The monsta being 80mm and a fan being 25mm means that it can JUST fit, but i do think theres a little more space, as the graphics card only takes up 1½ slots and not two, which is what i have measured from, just to be sure :)

As for the second rad, i have also measured this to be able to fit on the front of the case above the GPU.. This will also need some work to be done to the case ofcourse :)

I got the parts today! All the ones i ordered that is..

IMG_3984.jpg 2013-12-14-14.38_scaled.jpg

I will update later with more info, as im busy tonight  !

stop-my-penis-can-only-get-so-erect.gif

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

I wish you luck fitting all that goodness into that case  :P

Corsair 350d | Asus Maximus VI Gene | Intel Core i7 4770k | Corsair h100i | Reference GTX 780 | Corsair AX760i | WD 1tb green | Samsung 840 pro 256gb

I like where this is going. And that gpu block just looks awesome

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

Sounds like an amazing build, can't wait. Title is pretty clever too.  :lol: Let me know how you like the Cubitek case.

Just a quick update from here ! I've been busy most of the weekend by sleeving the PSU cables, which i just got done with .. MDPC-X sleeve is just fantastic to work with! I Highly recommend this sleeve if you are going to sleeve your pc :)

I've catched a cold unfortunately, but sleeving is a good thing to do while having a cold.. Recommended too lol.. 

Like the last time, when sleeving a PSU im so nervous to test it, as if the cables where put in the wrong holes.. But guess what the PSU passed my test on an old rig :)

So now i just need to get them more ordered, so it will look more nice.. And for the next part is to get the case all drilled up to fit the monsta rad and make room for another! 

And heres a picture of it too.. Poor one though, have to get some sleep !

2013-12-17_00.38.28.jpg

A fast update from here.. Yesterday i drilled out the space for the 120mm Monsta rad in the bottom. This is the only space i will be making for the beginning to test out the temps of the system first .. I dont believe the temps are gonna be good, but im curious to how this Monsta rad will perform.

2013-12-18_21.16.50.jpg

I got the last hole drilled out tonight.. Im now beginning to see a possible assambly :)

2013-12-20-20.44.06.jpg 2013-12-20-20.44.01.jpg

And i have just tried out the assembly .. But im having a very hard time to get the spacing right at the bottom where the PSU cables are .. 

2013-12-20-22.26.54.jpg

But as you can see. It is possible !

Unfortunately my progress on the assembly has come to a halt.. I simply cant fit the cables between the PSU and the Monsta cooler. However, i have ordered a short cable kit, which im going to sleeve, and i also might have a solution to the PSU problem

Im going to remove the backplate where i screw on the PSU, and then move the PSU slightly backwards, out of the case.. Just a few cm.. And to hold it, im going to make some bracket solution that can be screwed on to the bottom of the case. This way longer PSU's can fit inside the case if i ever get an even longer PSU later.. Its going to be more clear once i have finished it, where i will upload some pictures :)

Also i tried out the tubing on the components the other night.

2013-12-22-00.54.16.jpg

I might run it differently, this was also just to test out if the tubes could fit there without too big of a hassle.. 

Also im going to add a hole in the top of the case with a fillport, becase lets face it, this system is not going to have space for a reservoir !

Doesn't the bottom radiator get its airflow blocked by the GPU? Have you considered putting that radiator at the back of the case for a better fit?

Doesn't the bottom radiator get its airflow blocked by the GPU? Have you considered putting that radiator at the back of the case for a better fit?

That is an 80-90mm mount. So looks like there will be some voodoo needed :)

That is an 80-90mm mount. So looks like there will be some voodoo needed :)

There are 80/90 mm radiators. 

There are 80/90 mm radiators. 

I realised that after i posted, just thought id go with it.

I got the last hole drilled out tonight.. Im now beginning to see a possible assambly :)

2013-12-20-20.44.06.jpg 2013-12-20-20.44.01.jpg

And i have just tried out the assembly .. But im having a very hard time to get the spacing right at the bottom where the PSU cables are .. 

2013-12-20-22.26.54.jpg

But as you can see. It is possible !

is there a window in that case

is there a window in that case

Nope there is not, but im gonna get that later :)

And for your info guys i had to do a slight change in how the PSU is mounted.. Because of the number of wires, the monsta rad, and the length of the PSU i simply could not get the wires right.. So i did some thinking and came up with another solution which is working great.. ! 

Heres some new pics.. Right now im trying to get my liquid cooling running, without air in it.. Also i still have some work to do on a fillport in top of the case. 

2013-12-27-21.39.46.jpg

+1 for the Cubitek case. I can't wait to see how this build turns out, if it's anything like your old system it should be pretty dang sweet! 6X3L4rb.png