Adobe Premiere Pro not using 100% of anything

anonvx

I recently switched from Resolve to Premiere Pro. My videos render faster now but according to task manager its using 28% of my cpu, 75% of ram, and 8% of my gpu. Resolve used to max out my cpu. Interesting enough is that even though I am using so little of resources that windows is quite laggy right now. I was actually able to play rainbow six siege at 40fps. I am rendering in the h.264 codec in 4k. 

Victor F. 

My hobbies include: machining, electronics, radiation, and guns

DESKTOP: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  Motherboard: Asus ROG B550-I RAM: Corsair Vegenence DDR4-3000 SSD: Samsung 970 Pro GPU: MSI GTX1070 Ti Titanium CASE: NZXT H1

LAPTOP: Apple MacBook Pro i7, 16gb ram, 256gb ssd. (2018 model) 

CAMERA: Panasonic Lumix G85

PHONE: iPhone 7 

DRONE: Dji Mavic Pro

I have the same issue with my 4790K. For the RAM, did you allocate max possible RAM in Preferences?

Preferences.png

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD

18 minutes ago, xDanielxOossiex said:

I have the same issue with my 4790K. For the RAM, did you allocate max possible RAM in Preferences?

Preferences.png

Turns out i was only using 50%. I did what you said render time went from 1 hour to 45 minutes. Thanks

Victor F. 

My hobbies include: machining, electronics, radiation, and guns

DESKTOP: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  Motherboard: Asus ROG B550-I RAM: Corsair Vegenence DDR4-3000 SSD: Samsung 970 Pro GPU: MSI GTX1070 Ti Titanium CASE: NZXT H1

LAPTOP: Apple MacBook Pro i7, 16gb ram, 256gb ssd. (2018 model) 

CAMERA: Panasonic Lumix G85

PHONE: iPhone 7 

DRONE: Dji Mavic Pro