Nintendo Switch Pro Controller on Xbox One?

IsaacThePooper

I just got a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and I was wondering if it could work with the Xbox One, since new Xbox One controllers use bluetooth.

I'm not sure why you would want to since even the base XBox One controller is far superior, nevermind the Elite which is one of, if not the best controllers on the market IMHO, but no, you can't.

However, I would keep my eye out for an adapter. It wouldn't surprise me if some company releases one at some point, although it will require you to be wired.

On 6.1.2018 at 3:19 PM, IsaacThePooper said:

I just got a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and I was wondering if it could work with the Xbox One, since new Xbox One controllers use bluetooth.

No, you need an XBox One Controller for the XBox.

They are a bit special and don't work with nothing they're not indended for.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

Even if you could get it to work, the fact that the XB1 controller has analog triggers and the Pro Controller doesn't, would make some games nearly impossible to play

On 17.1.2018 at 11:55 AM, linkboy said:

Even if you could get it to work, the fact that the XB1 controller has analog triggers and the Pro Controller doesn't, would make some games nearly impossible to play

The XBox have a longer way than the PS4 ones do.

But din't the 3 introduce analogue triggers??

Don't know much about Nintendo though.

But the Gamecube (last Nintendo Console I got) had analogue triggers. Why does the newer one not have those??

On 1/20/2018 at 8:31 PM, Stefan Payne said:

The XBox have a longer way than the PS4 ones do.

But din't the 3 introduce analogue triggers??

The Dreamcast was the first console to have analog triggers. But every console of that generation had analog triggers.

Yes even the DualShock 2. Every button except Start, Select, L3, and R3 were pressure sensitive.

But the Gamecube (last Nintendo Console I got) had analogue triggers. Why does the newer one not have those??

Analog triggers are situational at best. The only games I ever "need" analog triggers are racing sims and Ace Combat if only to moderate how much throttle or brakes I need to apply. And even then I usually do a series of impulses anyway.

Also the GameCube's analog triggers were horrible. They had too much stiffness and too long a throw for completely depressed.

I honestly don't really care for analog triggers since my keyboard acts the same way. I just like the ergonomics and I don't want to buy an Xbox controller.

36 minutes ago, IsaacThePooper said:

I honestly don't really care for analog triggers since my keyboard acts the same way. I just like the ergonomics and I don't want to buy an Xbox controller.

Your OP suggests you either have an Xbox One or are considering it. I don't understand why you would need to buy an Xbox controller since the system comes with one.

Just now, M.Yurizaki said:

Your OP suggests you either have an Xbox One or are considering it. I don't understand why you would need to buy an Xbox controller since the system comes with one.

Well I'm looking at a $100 that just comes with the console.

Just now, IsaacThePooper said:

Well I'm looking at a $100 that just comes with the console.

Well here's the thing then. Considering that you can pair up a Switch Pro controller to a PC over Bluetooth, it may be likely you can pair it up to the XB1 (yes this contradicts what I said earlier). However, in PC land, the Pro controller is seen as a DirectInput controller which is the older controller API in Windows. XB1 and newer games on PC rely on the XInput API. In other words, you may be able to pair the controller to the XB1, but it's likely not going to work anyway or it will have compatibility issues.

Really though, if you also play games on PC and you want to use a controller for some games, buying an XB1 controller is a better deal anyway.

• 1 month later...

Having used both the Switch Pro controller and the Xbox One Controller, I’d say build quality and sturdiness goes to Nintendo this time around while the Xbox One controllers Erganomics are just barely superior due to the grips beings ever so slightly larger. The reason I want to use the Pro Controller for the Xbox is the absence of analog triggers. They’re great for racing games but they actually hinder FPS performance by legitimately lengthening the time it takes to pull the trigger, something the elite controller solved with its adjustable trigger stops. Are those trigger stops and some mods going to make it worth twice the already expensive Switch Pro Controller? Debatable. I had this question mainly because people have, with the aid of an adapter, made Xbox controllers, Dual Shocks, etc. work on the Nintendo Switch, so it might not be the most extreme leap of logic to wonder if you could do the same in reverse somehow.

On 1/9/2018 at 2:24 PM, Kawaii Koneko said:

I'm not sure why you would want to since even the base XBox One controller is far superior, nevermind the Elite which is one of, if not the best controllers on the market IMHO, but no, you can't.

However, I would keep my eye out for an adapter. It wouldn't surprise me if some company releases one at some point, although it will require you to be wired.

There most likely adapters, maybe even a blu-tooth one considering there are wired and wireless adapters that allows PS4 and Xbox controllers work on the Switch.  Would think the other consoles have such adapters available as well.

Also, everyone has different preferences on controllers.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 22.1.2018 at 7:48 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

The Dreamcast was the first console to have analog triggers. But every console of that generation had analog triggers.

Oh, I forgot about that one, although I have one here lying around....

And I should have gotten a Replacement drive when I got it...

Yes even the DualShock 2. Every button except Start, Select, L3, and R3 were pressure sensitive.

Yeah, but not really analogue. 

Those where AFAIR the normal rubber dome thingys...

Analog triggers are situational at best. The only games I ever "need" analog triggers are racing sims and Ace Combat if only to moderate how much throttle or brakes I need to apply. And even then I usually do a series of impulses anyway.

True, thats a good point...

Also the GameCube's analog triggers were horrible. They had too much stiffness and too long a throw for completely depressed.

But you had a second Button when you pressed those the whole way. 

Was pretty nice the GC Controller, Kinda miss it.

Sadly I misplaced the A/V Cable and didn't get much Games on it :(

6 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

But you had a second Button when you pressed those the whole way.

The GCN controller is the only one where it actually hurt my index fingers because I had too long a session of F-Zero GX because it did something when you pressed the button.

But for Smash? You just had to tap it, that was easier to work with.

• 9 months later...

Do you think that a USB wireless mouse and keyboard could work for both? I'm tired of switching my brain between Nintendo controller mode and Xbox controller mode because I always end up pressing the wrong buttons. e.g. pressing A when I meant to press B.

5 hours ago, Axr3nox said:

Do you think that a USB wireless mouse and keyboard could work for both? I'm tired of switching my brain between Nintendo controller mode and Xbox controller mode because I always end up pressing the wrong buttons. e.g. pressing A when I meant to press B.

Select XBox One games natively support mouse and keyboard. You can Google a list. Of course, there are devices that will let you use m&k with pretty much any game but they aren't perfect solutions. 

I doubt Nintendo will implement such a feature at all and I'm not sure if a device exists to allow it.

17 hours ago, Axr3nox said:

Look at this thing:

http://www.8bitdo.com/wireless-usb-adapter/

Maybe its something for you.

• 1 year later...
On 1/22/2018 at 7:48 PM, Mira Yurizaki said:

Not true at all. The Saturn was the first console with a controller with analoge triggers. 

To all:

And about the triggers. I played fortnite (just started it a month ago out of bordome because corona) on switch and xbox one. I prefer the no analog triggers for shooter. Also have the alternative option on gta with the higher shoulder bottoms. Now since i player fortnite on both i just wanted to resume to that. I prefer the switch controller over the xbox pad by far. Also the ps4 pad is far superior. Now i want a switch or ps4 controller on my xbox. Is there any chance i can use them? With an adapter or anything? I am annoyed that so many people say: Why, xbox one is best one...... Not. Don't think about your own preferences. Just answer the question. Geez. On reddits, over here. On all plattforms these dumb answers appear. Just answer the question. Sry for the harsh words. I am just a little annoyed by that. 

I heard from some adapter, but atleast the chronos seems to be much to expensice for bad quality. :/ So is there a new option? Because this one also seems to be old by now.