HP OMEN 15T Upgrade HELP

Hi!

I purchased the HP OMEN 15T and I am having some trouble figuring out how to upgrade this laptop. I am looking to upgrade the to SSD and add more ram. Unfortunately, I do not know what type of M.2 SSD I will be needing as I understand that there are different types. I am also looking to upgrade the ram with an additional stick, but I've heard of some problems with doing that unless I get one that is almost exactly the same.

I have attempted to try and remove the back but it got to the point where I got too afraid that I might break something. So I hope to just just open the back only once. Below are things that I think or might think will work.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820156131

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820250084&ignorebbr=1

Here is a teardown of your laptop. You will need SODIMM form factor memory, it is smaller than desktop memory. Try to get a ram module that is the same speed, has the same latency and timings as the ram that is in there. You could also just buy two identical modules to be sure and sell the single module currently in there. The M.2 SSD should be in the M.2-2280 form factor (80mm long) and the B+M key or the M key (basically any one).

400px-M2_Edge_Connector_Keying.svg.png

that is the M.2 key guide. 

HP Omen Service Guide

Note - Based on page 5 of the service manual, if you have a 2TB hard drive, you can only install a 128GB SSD and if you have a 1TB drive, you can install up to a 512GB SSD depending on your laptop configuration. Also, pay attention to the manual for RAM specifications.

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB