Arma 3 performance

anonvx

Hi, So I have a decent pc and according to many online forums Arma 3 is poorly optimized. Anyway I can boost my performance? I was thinking of disabling cores on my Ryzen 1600 to get higher clock. But I'm not sure if that will work. 

Victor F. 

My hobbies include: machining, electronics, radiation, and guns

DESKTOP: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600  Motherboard: Asus ROG B550-I RAM: Corsair Vegenence DDR4-3000 SSD: Samsung 970 Pro GPU: MSI GTX1070 Ti Titanium CASE: NZXT H1

LAPTOP: Apple MacBook Pro i7, 16gb ram, 256gb ssd. (2018 model) 

CAMERA: Panasonic Lumix G85

PHONE: iPhone 7 

DRONE: Dji Mavic Pro

2 minutes ago, anonvx said:

Hi, So I have a decent pc and according to many online forums Arma 3 is poorly optimized. Anyway I can boost my performance? I was thinking of disabling cores on my Ryzen 1600 to get higher clock. But I'm not sure if that will work. 

No, since Arma 3 is quite heavily CPU bound due to all the simulation that occurs

CPU: Ryzen 1700@3.9ghz; GPU: EVGA 560 Ti 1gb; RAM: 16gb 2x8 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000; PCPP: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/b3xzzM

arma use single core performance only (online). there are ways to optimize it but they are temporary. I use to get around 30 fps in koth and now I get around 50-60 fps. watch tutorials on youtube and they work. although, you will have to do it around once an hour.