Is there a big difference between 34" gsync models? (Asus, acer, Alienware)

LaboonTheWhale

Hey guys. 

So I'm looking to upgrade my setup and probably will go with a 34" gsync monitor. I see that these are the big name brands. 

Instead of having 3 monitors on my desk might as well compress it down to two. 

Build quality, screen quality, backlight bleed, etc. Is there a go to company for these monitors? 

Both Asus and Acer are excellent although i wouldn't touch alienware cause they are overpriced crap. Between Asus and Acer just go with what ever comes cheaper, there isint much difference between them. Both companies use same panels so there wont be much of a difference in quality and you will be happy with either.  

Microsoft in there infinite wisdom have decided to impose a VRAM cap for games the that use DX9 o.O. May God Bless them those whoever came up with that idea. :dry:

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, might not or must not exist ... ... but you're always welcome to search for it. 

Just now, DeadlyTitan said:

Both Asus and Acer are excellent although i wouldn't touch alienware cause they are overpriced crap. Between Asus and Acer just go with what ever comes cheaper, there isint much difference between them. Both companies use same panels so there wont be much of a difference in quality and you will be happy with either.  

All 3 sit at 999.99 at microcenter. I bought a 24" 240hz and a 4k 27" which were 429.99 and 399.99 respectively and I decided probably better to return and go with one realllllly nice monitor. And clear up the desk. 

I just wish g sync tax wasn't so expensive 

If it helps i have recently bought a $1200 Acer 34" 4K G-Sync monitor and its really beautiful. I have no regrets.I can say the same with the asus though i have not bought any Asus other than my old Asus monitor which is still going strong. 

Well actually the only regret is i wish windows scales better on 4k also HUD in some old games are soo frigging tiny that they are giving be a headache trying to read them.

Microsoft in there infinite wisdom have decided to impose a VRAM cap for games the that use DX9 o.O. May God Bless them those whoever came up with that idea. :dry:

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, might not or must not exist ... ... but you're always welcome to search for it. 

2 minutes ago, DeadlyTitan said:

If it helps i have recently bought a $1200 Acer 34" 4K G-Sync monitor and its really beautiful. I have no regrets.I can say the same with the asus though i have not bought any Asus other than my old Asus monitor which is still going strong. 

Well actually the only regret is i wish windows scales better on 4k also HUD in some old games are soo frigging tiny that they are giving be a headache trying to read them.

I honestly sty didn't know there was a 34" 4k monitor 

1 minute ago, LaboonTheWhale said:

I honestly sty didn't know there was a 34" 4k monitor 

32" sorry typo. and yes there is. 

Acer Predator XB321HK 32" 4K UHD IPS NVIDIA G-Sync

2 minutes ago, DeadlyTitan said:

32" sorry typo. and yes there is. 

Acer Predator XB321HK 32" 4K UHD IPS NVIDIA G-Sync

Ahhh right. I have a freesync version by LG and yeah the scaling is iffy. 

if there same price i would get the Alienware 34 inch ultrawide and thats coming from someone with the Acer predator x34 lol.

I have the Alienware incoming (model: aw3418dw).

100Mhz native vs 60MHz native was the deciding factor for me. I assume you are comparing the g-sync 34" IPS 3440x1440p displays of Acer, Asus, and Alienware.

So much that, I was willing to pay the little bit extra for the Alienware.