Man arrested in swatting prank that turned fatal

Eduard the weeb

the man who swatted the house of the innocent man who was killed Andrew Finch 28 has been arrested 

Mug shot of the swatter

ap_17364682618831-bayliss-de5df70f53d3b0dd679ccb4a42747313858dadd8-s800-c85.jpg

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/12/30/574789231/police-arrest-suspect-in-fatal-swatting-prank

Tyler Barriss, 25, suspected of phoning in a false 911 call that led to a police raid and the fatal shooting of a father of two, was arrested Friday afternoon in South Los Angeles, a Los Angeles Police Department spokesman tells NPR.

I find this really sad that the innocent man was killed because this all started because of a team kill in COD match and this should have never happened, and I think this shows that swatting isn't a prank its playing with lives

Edit

to everyone who thinks its the police mans fault here what I know/ heard

They said he had already shot his dad and was holding everyone else hostage, they thought they got all the "Hostages" out and the only one left is the killer so they were pretty much shoot to kill, I hear the officer is now in trauma do to the shock and he is off on payed leave. He was pretty much the best of the best, because he was on the SWAT team.

If you would like the false police call I will link it here

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article192242919.html

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

sorry I edited it alot just wanted to fix grammar and rephrase myself.

please don't put jokes and memes in here also this is a sensitive topic, thx

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

so what? he was smart enough to figure out where his "team mate" lived but not smart enough for anything else? What a POS.  An immature and poorly thought out moment took a fathers life, and hopefully it will take the next several years of his life.  He must have been a low life to begin with even if he couldn't grasp the depth of his actions.

*turd sandwich with extra mayo*

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

....I expected him to be fatter.

If he doesn't go to jail for a substantial amount of time, in a case that sets a new precedence for cases like this, I'm going to rage.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Just now, Psittac said:

so what? he was smart enough to figure out where his "team mate" lived but not smart enough for anything else? What a POS.  An immature and poorly thought out moment took a fathers life, and hopefully it will take the next several years of his life.  He must have been a low life to begin with even if he couldn't grasp the depth of his actions.

*turd sandwich with extra mayo*

I thought he gave them a random address?

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

....I expected him to be fatter.

If he doesn't go to jail for a substantial amount of time, in a case that sets a new precedence in cases like this, I'm going to rage.

The other thread mentioned that he said he's done this stuff a lot so he could end up in jail for a long time.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I found my self personally appalled by his lack of empathy or remorse for what he did on the Drama alert interview

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

I thought he gave them a random address?

it was but it was close enough for him to see what was going on.

1 minute ago, Eduard the weeb said:

it was but it was close enough for him to see what was going on.

Ah. I missed that.

It's a shame people like this exist tbh

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Okay, I thought it was going to be some stupid 12 years old behind all of this but a 25 years old guy? Are you serious? How can anyone be this stupid?

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I just heard about this, the question you need to ask is why are the FUZZ so trigger happy.

Just now, Canada EH said:

I just heard about this, the question you need to ask is why are the FUZZ so trigger happy.

A lack of training - US police training is, for the most part, absolutely pathetic.  

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

A lack of training - US police training is, for the most part, absolutely pathetic.  

Oh I know I know. They should be using tasers, but we dont know how it all went down. My guess is depending on which state it is 1 year and a fine.

10 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Im not going to excuse the behavior, but when the guy made the call he stated he had a gun, used it, and doused the house with gas and was thinking about lighting it up and burning the place down.

The whole reason why swating "works" and is so awful is because it makes the police think the victim is a serious threat not just to themselves but to other bystanders and the police too. Youre sending officers with not quite enough training into a situation where they are forced to make a judgement call, and the officer was already primed with the knowledge that if they dont put this offender down they could hurt other people if you let them get away. This is all not to say its right, but that we need a whole lot more training for our police force on deescalation of situations, and less than lethal take downs. But in a situation like this that judgement call isnt easy for ANYONE to make.

Lock this fucker away and lose the key. Making false police reports over state lines is already a federal case, add in lying to the police, and what amounts to manslaughter in the first degree... Throw the fucking book at the loser and make sure people think twice before doing this shit again.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

27 minutes ago, Cyberspirit said:

Okay, I thought it was going to be some stupid 12 years old behind all of this but a 25 years old guy? Are you serious? How can anyone be this stupid?

it was like a COD match with a whopping 1.50$ on the line and one team killed the other and it escalated from there

Swatters are quite possibly the most idiotic internet-people out there. They must have an incredibly undeveloped sense of humor to find it funny.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

19 minutes ago, Damascus said:

they said he had already shot his dad and was holding everyone else hostage, they thought they got all the "Hostages" out and the only one left is the killer so they were pretty much shoot to kill, I hear the officer is now in trauma do to the shock and he is off on payed leave. He was pretty much the best of the best, because he was on the SWAT team.

4 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

they thought they got all the "Hostages" out and the only one left is the killer so they were pretty much shoot to kill

That's not what the victim's family said. They said the police shot him first when he opened the door and approached them and then the family left the house after he was down.

-KuJoe

36 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

I found my self personally appalled by his lack of empathy or remorse for what he did on the Drama alert interview

How about the lack of basic legal comprehension to know that making an interview, that will be recorded and publicly viewable, in the interim between the killing and his own arrest, was of the dumbest of actions in that time window.

You can bet that not only are the relevant district attorney's offices have gotten or are getting warrants for everything they can on that dumbasses communications and accounts.  Admitting to OTHER acts of bomb threats and SWATing only gives them a stronger idea of other things to look at as they collect the evidence.  They will surely then forward that other district attorney's offices in the relevant regions.  He will likely face a SERIES of trials in MULTIPLE states as different regions line up to get a piece of him.