battery water for cooling?

Go to solution Solved by Stefan1024,
28 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

it doesn't say "distilled water" on the bottle but it says deionized.. is it the same thing?

The final product is exactly the same, but destillating (evaporating) the water needs a lot of energy, so they use fancy filters to get the same effect. But then you can't call it destilled water, as it was never destilled.

could i use battery water inside my water loop? im going to mix it with some EK cryofuel if that matters.

Watches and computers                    

pretty sure its fine because there is multiple discussions including on this forum 

but this one is the first google result

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

6 minutes ago, Eduard the weeb said:

pretty sure its fine because there is multiple discussions including on this forum 

but this one is the first google result

okay great! battery water is much cheaper and easier to find here in sweden so ill use that :)

Watches and computers                    

how can you not find distilled water? I mean any bigger store has that xD

1 minute ago, Tiwaz said:

how can you not find distilled water? I mean any bigger store has that xD

not here in sweden.. it's actually hard to find and if you find it its about 10 bucks for 1 liter..

Watches and computers                    

4 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

not here in sweden.. it's actually hard to find and if you find it its about 10 bucks for 1 liter..

it's used in steam irons all the time, the world over... how do you Sweedes iron your clothes?

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

1 minute ago, knightslugger said:

it's used in steam irons all the time, the world over... how do you Sweedes iron your clothes?

we use battery water in those.. on the bottle it says " for batterys and steam irons" 

Watches and computers                    

Just now, smiles rising said:

we use battery water in those.. on the bottle it says " for batterys and steam irons" 

That's distilled water.

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Just now, knightslugger said:

That's distilled water.

it doesn't say "distilled water" on the bottle but it says deionized.. is it the same thing?

Watches and computers                    

3 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

The distillation process reduces the ion charge of the water, yes. 

I feel like an adult. anyone else?

System specs:

28 minutes ago, smiles rising said:

The final product is exactly the same, but destillating (evaporating) the water needs a lot of energy, so they use fancy filters to get the same effect. But then you can't call it destilled water, as it was never destilled.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil

2 hours ago, Stefan1024 said:

ah i see. thanks for the help!

Watches and computers                    

Why not use more ek fluid. Unless you mean you currently have concentrate and are gonna mix. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

7 hours ago, Mick Naughty said:

Why not use more ek fluid. Unless you mean you currently have concentrate and are gonna mix. 

yeah its a concentrate :)

Watches and computers