Do I Need Case Fans?

Yes, at least 2. If you want the best with the least fans. 3 Intake fans and 0 exhaust fans.

For example, for my NAS before I put in my 2nd fan. My HDDs are in 2 rows, row left and row right.

I only had 1 fan on the right. Even though they were only about 5-7 degree difference from row left and row right. It was the difference between the HDD being cool vs being warm to the touch. I have added a 2nd fan on the left side now. Now both are cool to the touch and don't feel warm anymore.

generally a good idea to have at least one intake and one exhaust, not only to deal with the cpu and gpu needs, but to aid vrms and such in heat dissipation 

desktop

Spoiler

r5 3600,3450@0.9v (0.875v get) 4.2ghz@1.25v (1.212 get) | custom loop cpu&gpu 1260mm nexxos xt45 | MSI b450i gaming ac | crucial ballistix 2x8 3000c15->3733c15@1.39v(1.376v get) |Zotac 2060 amp | 256GB Samsung 950 pro nvme | 1TB Adata su800 | 4TB HGST drive | Silverstone SX500-LG

HTPC

Spoiler

HTPC i3 7300 | Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H | 16GB G Skill | Adata XPG SX8000 128GB M.2 | Many HDDs | Rosewill FBM-01 | Corsair CXM 450W

15 minutes ago, frankk___ said:

I am planning to upgrade to an EVGA GTX 1050Ti Single Fan but I am not sure if I will need to buy case fans as I do not have any. So is my GTX 1050Ti alright without case fans or will I need them to keep it cool?

GPU: https://www.ple.com.au/Products/628724/eVGA-GeForce-GTX1050Ti-SC-4GB-GDDR5-Displayport-DVI-HDMI

I would highly suggest putting some case fans in they are very cheap and will help keep dust out of your case and rid the case of the heat generated by your CPU and GPU.

Here is a link to some rosewill case fans they come in a 4 pack for under 20$ shipped.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200072&cm_re=rosewill-_-35-200-072-_-Product

I personally bought some of these for my GF's computer and was surprised on the amount of air they move and that they were quite quiet even at full tilt.

Depending on your case you could throw 1 in the back 1 up top and two upfront just make sure you orient them correctly feel free to send me a PM and I can help you with case fan setup when your new fans arrive.

Cheers!

EDIT:  like stated above you only really need 2 but for 20.00$ you cannot go wrong and it gives you more control over your case airflow and block ways of dust getting in.

What case do you have? Even budget cases come with 1 exhaust fan which is enough if you are really tight on budget. But I'd still recommend getting another as intake. You can visit nearest recycling center to get some old fans super-cheap.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv